PDA

View Full Version : KewlMetal does it again!!

jnt
08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
The new bars and switch plate arrived today. Gorgeous!!:clap::2thumbs:

W is quite pleased. Oh, yeah - and excited, too!

(Pics on SpyderTalk)

jt

slather1
08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
That's great hope parts work well. You are lucky as I am still waiting for mirror extensions I ordered a while back.

rupbre
08-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Me too. Over 4 weeks now.:dontknow:

SpyderBrett
08-05-2008, 08:08 AM
At least you got a hold of them. I have tried calling them, and sent an email to sales, with no response. Been more than a week now.

Edit: I was able to raise them on the phone today to complete my transaction.

daddydarko
08-05-2008, 08:15 AM
That's what you get with Kewlmetal- top notch products and abysmal response time. To be fair, they're a small family run outfit but they need to step back on R&D and focus a little on customer service.

I'm interested in several of their products but don't have faith in their ability to respond to questions or concerns should they arise. I blame MM for raising the bar so high. Jerk. :joke:

COSpyder
08-05-2008, 08:46 AM
That's what you get with Kewlmetal- top notch products and abysmal response time. To be fair, they're a small family run outfit but they need to step back on R&D and focus a little on customer service.

I'm interested in several of their products but don't have faith in their ability to respond to questions or concerns should they arise. I blame MM for raising the bar so high. Jerk. :joke:
I agree. Their products are top notch (at least what I have ordered so far) but ordering them is a challenge. An online ordering system would be good as would a dedicated customer service person. I have called, left messages, emailed, and have not gotten responses. I have had some luck with PMs here on this site though. In the end, I went with MM too.

TonyMac
08-05-2008, 12:22 PM
I agree. Their products are top notch (at least what I have ordered so far) but ordering them is a challenge. An online ordering system would be good as would a dedicated customer service person. I have called, left messages, emailed, and have not gotten responses. I have had some luck with PMs here on this site though. In the end, I went with MM too.

Yes, I have to weigh in on their lack of responsiveness. I placed my order for mirror extenders about 2 weeks ago. No order confirmation of any kind. No way to check status.

This makes me leery of buy more from them as opposed to the top notch responsiveness I got out of Cal Sci. Ordered on line Friday morning. Confirmation email in less than one minute. Later that same day email with tracking number from DHL. Tuesday windshield is delivered. Now THAT's how you do it!

Mad Matt
08-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Sorry if anyone has not received timely responses. I can honestly say that from this office 100% of all emails to sales@kewlmetal.com or customersupport@kewlmetal.com get responded to usually within 1 day. If you have not gotten an email response, I am not sure why.

My direct phone number is 623-298-7835. Alot of times I can not answer, but If you leave a message at my office I WILL return your call and usually pretty quick.

My direct email is Matt@kewlmetal.com.

I can answer all of your technical question about Kewlmetal Spyder parts. I do not have access to the ordering system from my office but if you are having a problem with an order send me an email and I will make sure you get an answer asap.

We stand behind our products 110%, period. And we stand behind our customers and their install issues and questions.

We do run out of parts and get behind the curve on production sometimes. It is simply cost prohibitive to have an inventory big enough to never run out! We have over 400 products and we have several CNC machines churning out parts every day to keep up!

Please be very proactive when trying to phone the shop. They do get busy to where all the staff is on the phones at the same time.

The on-line ordering site is being built as we speak!

Mad Matt

LaughingHeart
08-05-2008, 12:59 PM
My experience with Kewl Metal has been excellent. They have responded quickly, usually the same day. Matt has spent considerable time explaining things to me so installs went smoothly. I have been very pleased with their service.

TonyMac
08-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Sorry if anyone has not received timely responses. I can honestly say that from this office 100% of all emails to sales@kewlmetal.com or customersupport@kewlmetal.com get responded to usually within 1 day. If you have not gotten an email response, I am not sure why.

My direct phone number is 623-298-7835. Alot of times I can not answer, but If you leave a message at my office I WILL return your call and usually pretty quick.

My direct email is Matt@kewlmetal.com.

I can answer all of your technical question about Kewlmetal Spyder parts. I do not have access to the ordering system from my office but if you are having a problem with an order send me an email and I will make sure you get an answer asap.

We stand behind our products 110%, period. And we stand behind our customers and their install issues and questions.

We do run out of parts and get behind the curve on production sometimes. It is simply cost prohibitive to have an inventory big enough to never run out! We have over 400 products and we have several CNC machines churning out parts every day to keep up!

Please be very proactive when trying to phone the shop. They do get busy to where all the staff is on the phones at the same time.

The on-line ordering site is being built as we speak!

Mad Matt

Matt

I appreciate your help by providing email addresses and phone numbers. I sent an email to Sales asking for order confirmation and a status check as to when my order may ship. I'm a project manager by trade and confirmation of orders and tracking status is in my blood. I also understand working for a small company, so will let your system work and hopefully it will work out and you will get plenty of orders.

Thanks, Tony

Mad Matt
08-05-2008, 03:22 PM
The new bars and switch plate arrived today. Gorgeous!!:clap::2thumbs:

W is quite pleased. Oh, yeah - and excited, too!

(Pics on SpyderTalk)

jt

Looks Great!!! Did you look at mounting your comm box up on the gizmo mount point?
http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/uploads/post-4847-1217901683.jpg

Mad Matt

TonyMac
08-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Matt

I appreciate your help by providing email addresses and phone numbers. I sent an email to Sales asking for order confirmation and a status check as to when my order may ship. I'm a project manager by trade and confirmation of orders and tracking status is in my blood. I also understand working for a small company, so will let your system work and hopefully it will work out and you will get plenty of orders.

Thanks, Tony

An update. I sent that email to the sales link provided by Matt and I got two emails within an hour and a half, one from the company president, with a confirmation of my order and an expected ship date.

I appreciate the small company hard work and will look forward to their improvements with on-line ordering and confirmation.

Thank you, Kewl Metal

rupbre
08-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey Matt--any update on the mirror extensions??

Mad Matt
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey Matt--any update on the mirror extensions??

My machine shop is telling me they will deliver them to us the end of this week. Then we need a few days for powder coat and packaging and shipping...then all the open backorders will ship.

Mad Matt

Putt-Putt
08-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Looks Great!!! Did you look at mounting your comm box up on the gizmo mount point?

Mad Matt

Looks like it blocks the veiw of the gauges. Does it?

Mad Matt
08-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Looks like it blocks the veiw of the gauges. Does it?

No. Not when you are sitting on the bike. The Ignition switch is in the exact same location as the stock ignition.

Matt

ataDude
08-06-2008, 11:06 AM
No. Not when you are sitting on the bike. The Ignition switch is in the exact same location as the stock ignition.

Matt

And, I can vouch for that! This is good stuff!

Here's my driver's view:
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=1720

:2thumbs:

slather1
08-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I also received a prompt response to my email.
Thank you Matt. ;):2excited:

jnt
08-06-2008, 06:17 PM

Mad Matt

Briefly - no. Did not think of it. Mayhaps a look at your gizmo mount is in order? :thumbup:

jnt
08-06-2008, 06:19 PM
And, I can vouch for that! This is good stuff!

Here's my driver's view:
http://www.st-owners.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=28&pictureid=1720

:2thumbs: THANKS, ataDude! Pics much gooder than words! - jt

Spygirl
08-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I noticed one of the mods you did was a Evoluizone air filter. How do you like the filter? I just ordered one.