PDA

View Full Version : What rate can I expect from BRP financing...

jterrymaddux
02-06-2014, 11:04 PM
My wife and I are in the market for 2 of the new 2014's touring models. We will have a really good down payment and have strong credit scores...What interest rate can we expect from BPR on financing. Our local dealer say they are coming in very soon but we have not tried to negotiate price on the new machines...What can we expect on the "out the doors price". I have spoke with another dealer 80 miles away that have shown that they are ready to deal on these new units...I am afraid my local dealer may not want to discount from list....What can I expect. I understand that it has to be a fair deal for everyone. ....

SpyderAnn01
02-06-2014, 11:12 PM
I'll let you know what I find out. Mine is in at the dealer and I have not negotiated price on it yet. They may not be willing to go down from MSRP but they may be willing to throw in accessories. Then again, we can hope that they will be willing to do both.

When I bought my 2013, BRP was doing financing through Sheffield. I looked at their site today but they don't post rates on it.

Jeriatric
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM
They inked a deal with Cap One late last year.....have not seen any rate info tho.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/capital-one-announces-brp-contract-164800195.html

jterrymaddux
02-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I'll let you know what I find out. Mine is in at the dealer and I have not negotiated price on it yet. They may not be willing to go down from MSRP but they may be willing to throw in accessories. Then again, we can hope that they will be willing to do both.

When I bought my 2013, BRP was doing financing through Sheffield. I looked at their site today but they don't post rates on it.

I would love to hear how it turns out....I did a big zero turn mower through Sheffield and it was a pretty sweet deal....Thanks

edmarino
02-06-2014, 11:21 PM
As far as a rate for financing you are probably better off checking your bank or credit union. At the very least it should give you an idea on what's available, better to judge what the dealer offers. As far as discount from MSRP that is up to your negotiating skills. The one thing I learned is be ready to get up and walk out the door, once you are heading for the door they get more reasonable.

SpyderAnn01
02-06-2014, 11:27 PM
As far as a rate for financing you are probably better off checking your bank or credit union. At the very least it should give you an idea on what's available, better to judge what the dealer offers. As far as discount from MSRP that is up to your negotiating skills.

Last year Sheffield had better rates than my bank and insurance companies. I plan to check all of them before making a deal. Since I financed my last Spyder through Sheffield I could use them again even if BRP is now using CapOne.

stevedfive
02-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Their ad on the BRP promotion flyer is 7.9% for 84 months.

ARtraveler
02-06-2014, 11:46 PM
It pays to shop around for financing and rates prior to your visit to the dealer. Credit Unions up here seem to offer the best financing rates. I bought the last four :spyder2:'s through a local credit union.

Dan_Ashley
02-07-2014, 12:33 AM
I got 4.9 from Long Beach Teachers Credit a Union.

murphybrown
02-07-2014, 12:43 AM
My wife and I are in the market for 2 of the new 2014's touring models. We will have a really good down payment and have strong credit scores...What interest rate can we expect from BPR on financing. Our local dealer say they are coming in very soon but we have not tried to negotiate price on the new machines...What can we expect on the "out the doors price". I have spoke with another dealer 80 miles away that have shown that they are ready to deal on these new units...I am afraid my local dealer may not want to discount from list....What can I expect. I understand that it has to be a fair deal for everyone. ....
contact Pitbull Powersports, a site sponsor, (located in Springfield, MO) they are amazing in all things Spyder. This is where I got the best price on my new '14 and the customer/dealer service is :thumbup:.
i got the best interest rate from a local credit union. 2.5% :yes:

Frank G
02-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Midwest Federal Credit Union 1.9%

den1953
02-07-2014, 06:35 AM
I'm with Southeast and their rate on a new vehicle is 2.5% on a 60 month new vehicle loan.

SNOOPY
02-07-2014, 06:50 AM
Midwest Federal Credit Union 1.9%

I got 1.9% through a credit union on mine also 6 months ago, w excellent credit.

Bob Denman
02-07-2014, 08:03 AM
Their ad on the BRP promotion flyer is 7.9% for 84 months.
Yup; that's confirmed... ;)

bcoulter19
02-07-2014, 08:07 AM
My dealer actually shopped around for me and found 2.69% I have excellent credit. I was willing to go looking but since he did the leg work I had no problem. and it is with someone local.

ulflyer
02-07-2014, 08:13 AM
My dealer came up with 3.9 % which I took. Local bank wanted 8, another 6. I didn't search any further. I paid MSRP but got a laser alignment and an elect hookup for my Gerbing jacket.

bullant12
02-07-2014, 08:26 AM
A lot of things come into factor when it comes to loan rates:

1) and most importantly: Credit score. The better your score, the lower the interest. The institution decides what rate to give you based on their rules. If your credit score is excellent, you should get the advertised rate or better. Anything below that, the rate goes higher. Sheffield works that way, and for 2 loans I got their advertised rate at the time (7.9% for 60 months). I got a better deal with USAA at 6.5%. I wanted to go thru my Credit Union but at the time their lowest rate offer expired (2.9%:banghead:) when I finally got my :spyder2: in. After that it went up to 5.9%, but had to decline because they hardly do anything online (only by phone or fax/mail) and their nearest branch is 400 miles away.

2) the longer the pay schedule, the higher the rate. Some banks will go as low as 3% if you pay it in less than 36 months.

3) Credit unions are a lot better with interest than regular banks because CU's are owned by members and not a corporation like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc. Again, CU's look at your credit and how much you have on their shares before they can give you a good rate.

Good luck! Sheffield is a good choice, but I would check your local banks and CU's before I let Sheffield pull the plug.