PDA

View Full Version : Help Support this Forum

Way2Fast
08-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Half of the proceeds made from all parts purchased from me goes to help support this forum. As an independent part seller, I purchase genuine OEM and factory stock BRP parts at 25% discount from a distributor. (BRP dealers buy at a 40% discount) I sell the parts at a 20% discount and have them drop shipped directly to the customer from the distributor for the actual shipping cost. Out of the 5% markup I make on paper, 3% goes for PayPal fees (actually over 3% because PP charges on the total amount deposited into my account, including shipping and FL sales tax when applicable) Therefore less than 2% remains as profit. I will donate one-half of the net profit to help support this forum and keep the other one.half...which amounts to less than 1% net profit.

Example; Selling a $600 Hindle exhaust to a FL customer for a 20% discount of $120= net price $480. FL sales tax =$33.60, drop shipping item to customer = $13. Total customer cost of $526.60 is deposited in my PayPal account. PP Service fees are $15.80. Deduct that from the $30 (5% markup on muffler sale) and $14.20 is left. One-half, or $7.10 goes to this forum and the other half goes to me......as you can see PayPal makes over 2X the amount I do on a sale !

I'll never get rich, but I feel I'm doing my part to help support this forum.

Richard