PDA

View Full Version : SE5's are Really on the Move!

captainryder
08-03-2008, 08:20 AM
:2excited:
I have to make an apology to BRP for shamefully thinking that deliveries of SE5's was going down the same path as SM5's :opps:

My dealer in Denver sent a deligthful e-mail that not only that their demo SE5 had arrived this last Friday, but BRP says my SE5 will be in Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

Wow, hats off to BRP in making deliveries all over the U.S. quickly and what seems to be in a more equitable delivery timetable. That factory must really be rolling out the "roadsters". Their :firstplace: in my book once again.

Will keep everyone updated. First thing Monday, going to my credit union to see what info needed to get the financing completed. If they get my SE5 by Tuesday, hoping they can assemble Wed or Thursday, and install my accessories... backrest and 12v Friday, and I'll drive over for a Saturday pick-up.

What does everyone think about a break-in ride of 600 miles from Denver to Kansas City instead of trailoring? By the time I arrive home, I'll have to get first maintenance/oil change at one of 2 dealers now in Kansas City. (They weren't dealers in February when I ordered)

MSGTDOC
08-03-2008, 08:31 AM
FIRST :congrats: ON THE NEW SPYDER BEING IN. SECOND IF AT ALL POSSIBLE DRIVE SECONDARY ROADS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE AND VARY SPEED UP AND DOWN . SHIFTING GOING UP HILLS AND DOWN HILLS. IT HELPPS IF ITS COOL OUT. JMHO. HAVE A BLAST
:spyder::spyder:

zzneonzz
08-03-2008, 08:45 AM
:2thumbs: :congrats:

Greg H.
08-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Okay! :congrats: There!

Now; where's my SM5??!!! :(

:cheers:

hawkiii
08-03-2008, 09:27 AM
:congrats: good to hear! Enjoy!

pphantom538
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Congrats, my dealer told me Sat that mine should be here in a week as well

jeuchler
08-03-2008, 07:55 PM
...What does everyone think about a break-in ride of 600 miles from Denver to Kansas City instead of trailoring? By the time I arrive home, I'll have to get first maintenance/oil change at one of 2 dealers now in Kansas City...

I drove short trips for 400 miles, then did a "break in" of a 600 mile trip to and from Canada--I say go for it!

If, however, you decide to trailer it, search this website for some trailer advice regarding capacity, ramp length, and other helpful hints regarding safely loading and offloading peculiarities of the Spyder.

Enjoy your (brief) anticipation! :thumbup:

Star Cruiser
08-04-2008, 01:26 AM
:congrats: I must say that I am jealous though. I am hoping that BRP will be sending mine to me up here in Canada soon. Great news that they are getting the SE5's off of the production line though. Any RED ones delivered yet?

SSL4X4
08-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Yes. My dealer has a red SE5 however he cannot sell it for 90 days. Not sure why. I had originally wanted Red but decided to go with Yellow since the wait was pushed back until Oct. I had my spyder in on Friday for its 600 mile service and Charlie took me back in the warehouse and cut open the crate with the Red one in it. Its a nice Red!! I might order the body panels and switch colors rather than getting mine painted as well!!

pphantom538
08-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Great news, more SE5 and finally a red!

captainryder
08-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Just a follow-up.

My dealer said they uncrated mine this moning and are assembling it before they assemble their demo unit which was also an arrival. Thus I'm travelling to Longmont, CO (north of Denver) for a pick-up this Saturday. Decided not to ride it back to Kansas City, time problem. So I'm trailoring it on a 6' x 10' single axle. Bought some tie-downs for securing it, and inserted fasteners in the front floorboards and rear to secure the 3 wheels. I asked them to adjust the cams on the shocks stiffer, as alot have said that this is a better ride, and I will be riding my wife alot.

I also have an outer cover ordered and will cover it and strap over this. To make sure I don't rub the paint on the plastic, I'm placing a soft foam blanket over the trunk hood and another piece like a saddle blanket over the seat hanging over the sidepanels. This will keep the chaffing from rubbing the paint.... I hope. If I see too much buffeting in a short test drive, I think I will just remove the cover.

Picking up the check from credit union on Friday morning, insurance coverage done.... I'm ready to start enjoying the second part of SpyderLovers. com... (That is the fun part of riding and people I know I will meet!):2thumbs:

sts
08-06-2008, 02:14 PM
SE5 arriving in Tx. Dealer got their Red Demo and a customers.. Hopefully the rest of the orders will arrive soon.

zzneonzz
08-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Just a follow-up.

My dealer said they uncrated mine this moning and are assembling it before they assemble their demo unit which was also an arrival. Thus I'm travelling to Longmont, CO (north of Denver) for a pick-up this Saturday. Decided not to ride it back to Kansas City, time problem. So I'm trailoring it on a 6' x 10' single axle. Bought some tie-downs for securing it, and inserted fasteners in the front floorboards and rear to secure the 3 wheels. I asked them to adjust the cams on the shocks stiffer, as alot have said that this is a better ride, and I will be riding my wife alot.

I also have an outer cover ordered and will cover it and strap over this. To make sure I don't rub the paint on the plastic, I'm placing a soft foam blanket over the trunk hood and another piece like a saddle blanket over the seat hanging over the sidepanels. This will keep the chaffing from rubbing the paint.... I hope. If I see too much buffeting in a short test drive, I think I will just remove the cover.

Picking up the check from credit union on Friday morning, insurance coverage done.... I'm ready to start enjoying the second part of SpyderLovers. com... (That is the fun part of riding and people I know I will meet!):2thumbs:

:2thumbs: :congrats:

Arch
08-06-2008, 02:52 PM
SE5 arriving in Tx. Dealer got their Red Demo and a customers.. Hopefully the rest of the orders will arrive soon.

Where in TX did you here about the red SE5? I have a red SE5 ordered through Pro Powersports in Conroe, and haven't heard anything yet from them except some time in Oct., ordered in June.

Ed

bjt
08-06-2008, 05:05 PM
.... I'm ready to start enjoying the second part of SpyderLovers. com... (That is the fun part of riding and people I know I will meet!):2thumbs:

Then comes the third part, adding mods to personalize your Spyder. :D

Don't try to keep up with lamonster though, he is the mod king. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/mini-raccoon.gif

Congrats on your new ride. :congrats:

sts
08-07-2008, 12:48 PM
The Unit is at South Texas Suzuki in Lytle TX 20 min south of San Antonio. It is the demo unit so that is probably why they have not seen the red yet. It is very pretty and you can come visit it anytime if you need to get your fix.

teacherbob
08-07-2008, 02:43 PM
When you get your new Spyder give me a call and come check out the Evo lll windshield I put on mine. you will definitely want one of these.

Teacherbob
PowerSports4Less:congrats:

bjt
08-07-2008, 05:52 PM
When you get your new Spyder give me a call and come check out the Evo lll windshield I put on mine. you will definitely want one of these.

Teacherbob
PowerSports4Less:congrats:

I thought you southern folk would like to keep the stock windshield on for the max airflow. :D :joke:

zzneonzz
08-07-2008, 06:05 PM
I thought you southern folk would like to keep the stock windshield on for the max airflow. :D :joke:

:2thumbs: I like the stock shield only time i would probably like a bigger one is on long road trips

Smylinacha
08-07-2008, 07:03 PM
:congrats::congrats::congrats::2thumbs::thumbup:

captainryder
08-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Looks like my SE5 is delayed, Teacherbob. They called and are getting fault codes, VSS and it went into "limp mode" after 23 miles of riding. I asked them to ride it as much as they want in hopes of getting a good "break in" and maybe an oil change after first 150-300 miles. Well they started riding it, and it broke... Good news, bad news of course, I was going to pick it up Saturday, but if they can't find the problem, then might have to wait till following weekend or later depending on my work schedule.

Will definitely take a ride over to your place when we get finally riding.

captainryder
08-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Well it ended well, I took possesion of my SE5 this Saturday in Longmont, Co. The team at Extremen Powersports of Colorado worked continuously Thursday 7th thru Friday 8th tinkering with the roadster and corrected what they believe were the problems. I got a final call at 4pm on Friday night that after an additional 50 miles on the bike, they thought I could come out from Kansas City to Longmont, Co on Saturday. While enroute, Saturday morning, I got another call from Business Manager Jessica that the Service Manager Dallas drove it home again last night with no problems.

I just want to say, THANKS :2thumbs: to the whole team at Xtreme Powersports in Longmont, Co for their efforts. I was extremely pleased with their professionalism and very high knowledge base about Spyders. They've got a reputation for follow-up after sales as well.

(Got this word from them... Don't buy the existing extended warranty or B.E.S.T. Coverage because they are having problems with the contract, BRP is releasing a new extended warranty package this fall and Xtreme Powersports Business Manager Jessica will contact me as soon as it is available)

It's things like this above that make you appreciate your dealer. Dallas, the Service Manager even had a special alignment tool sent overnight from BRP for Friday to help correct the VSS fault codes that was sending my roadster into "Limp Mode". The problems identified were (1) alignment and (2) I requested the springs adjusted to "3" front and "4" rear and they had to return them to original !!! SO BEWARE OF CHANGING SPRINGS. AFTER RESEARCHING, OTHERS HAVE REPORTED FAULT CODES IN DPS AND VSS AFTER CHANING SPRING TENSIONS.

I recommend everyone when they get the call that their roadster is in, to have the dealer test drive it for about 100+ miles. I intended them to put on that many miles and it paid off, since I would have returned to Kansas City and been disappointed if the roadster would have failed.

Since Sunday eveing, when I got back home through Monday night, I've put an additional 100 miles. (total on bike is 217 miles!) And am putting it through its paces. Loving every minute of it. The SE5 shifts smoothly once you are in the groove about rpm vs speed. And it downshifts of course automatically, but I've had no problems downshifting to get a gear that will respond in passing or hill climbing. And I've not seen anything over 5 bars, mostly 3 or 4 bars of temperature when cruising. I don't know for sure, but I think the fan is bigger? And yes its been 86 degrees with 80% humidity in Kansas City. (anybody else checked this out?). I've had my wife as a passenger most of the time, and we are just loving going out in the countryside and stopping for a bite to eat or ice cream and of course the best part, the stares and questions. I love the reverse feature when pulling into a parking space!

Hope everyone gets their SE5 soon!

zzneonzz
08-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Well it ended well, I took possesion of my SE5 this Saturday in Longmont, Co. The team at Extremen Powersports of Colorado worked continuously Thursday 7th thru Friday 8th tinkering with the roadster and corrected what they believe were the problems. I got a final call at 4pm on Friday night that after an additional 50 miles on the bike, they thought I could come out from Kansas City to Longmont, Co on Saturday. While enroute, Saturday morning, I got another call from Business Manager Jessica that the Service Manager Dallas drove it home again last night with no problems.

I just want to say, THANKS :2thumbs: to the whole team at Xtreme Powersports in Longmont, Co for their efforts. I was extremely pleased with their professionalism and very high knowledge base about Spyders. They've got a reputation for follow-up after sales as well.

(Got this word from them... Don't buy the existing extended warranty or B.E.S.T. Coverage because they are having problems with the contract, BRP is releasing a new extended warranty package this fall and Xtreme Powersports Business Manager Jessica will contact me as soon as it is available)

It's things like this above that make you appreciate your dealer. Dallas, the Service Manager even had a special alignment tool sent overnight from BRP for Friday to help correct the VSS fault codes that was sending my roadster into "Limp Mode". The problems identified were (1) alignment and (2) I requested the springs adjusted to "3" front and "4" rear and they had to return them to original !!! SO BEWARE OF CHANGING SPRINGS. AFTER RESEARCHING, OTHERS HAVE REPORTED FAULT CODES IN DPS AND VSS AFTER CHANING SPRING TENSIONS.

I recommend everyone when they get the call that their roadster is in, to have the dealer test drive it for about 100+ miles. I intended them to put on that many miles and it paid off, since I would have returned to Kansas City and been disappointed if the roadster would have failed.

Since Sunday eveing, when I got back home through Monday night, I've put an additional 100 miles. (total on bike is 217 miles!) And am putting it through its paces. Loving every minute of it. The SE5 shifts smoothly once you are in the groove about rpm vs speed. And it downshifts of course automatically, but I've had no problems downshifting to get a gear that will respond in passing or hill climbing. And I've not seen anything over 5 bars, mostly 3 or 4 bars of temperature when cruising. I don't know for sure, but I think the fan is bigger? And yes its been 86 degrees with 80% humidity in Kansas City. (anybody else checked this out?). I've had my wife as a passenger most of the time, and we are just loving going out in the countryside and stopping for a bite to eat or ice cream and of course the best part, the stares and questions. I love the reverse feature when pulling into a parking space!

:2thumbs: Glad everythign worked out for you and :congrats: on the :spyder:.

bjt
08-12-2008, 07:59 PM

This certainly isn't good news for those of use who have previously purchased the B.E.S.T. warranty. Did they happen to mention what type of problems they are having with the contract?

I requested the springs adjusted to "3" front and "4" rear and they had to return them to original !!! SO BEWARE OF CHANGING SPRINGS. AFTER RESEARCHING, OTHERS HAVE REPORTED FAULT CODES IN DPS AND VSS AFTER CHANING SPRING TENSIONS.

I haven't seen any reports on this forum of a spring tension change causing any problems. I don't spend much time on the other Spyder forums so I don't know what they are reporting. I have had mine and my wife's Spyders set at 4 in the front and 4 in the rear (hers) or 7 in the rear (mine) for over a month with no issues. Honestly, I can't even begin to think of a reason for the spring tension adjustment alone to cause DPS and VSS faults. :dontknow: Of course, we are talking about computers so I guess anything could be possible. :D

pphantom538
08-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Well it ended well, I took possesion of my SE5 this Saturday in Longmont, Co.

:congrats:
HJope your right and mine arrives soon to NJ

Roaddog2
08-14-2008, 06:57 PM
:clap::congrats::yes::spyder:
:congrats:
HJope your right and mine arrives soon to NJ