PDA

View Full Version : Another 2014 with an oil leak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAPD911
02-01-2014, 07:23 PM
30 miles and I read some posts about oil leaking. I go check and sure enough on the right front side, I see oil droplets. So pissed. Taking it to the dealer Monday. Whats causing this? I own a 2014 RTS SE6 vin #570! So flipping pissed!

Bob Denman
02-01-2014, 07:28 PM
By any chance; could you post some pics of where this is happening? :shocked:

SAPD911
02-01-2014, 07:32 PM
By any chance; could you post some pics of where this is happening? :shocked:

yea, lemme go grab a few pix. I read some other posts, they are saying its the clutch housing screw needing Loctite.

SAPD911
02-01-2014, 07:39 PM

Bob Denman
02-01-2014, 07:46 PM
:shocked: Thanks...:thumbup:
(Calling my dealer on Monday to have them double-check that little beauty...)

stevedfive
02-01-2014, 08:02 PM
I just checked and mine has the oil leak as well. Life happens. I have worse things happen.

SAPD911
02-01-2014, 08:03 PM
I just checked and mine has the oil leak as well.

Dealer is closed Monday, guess I wait. Cant believe that BRP doesn't know about this. I mean I have VIN #570 and supposedly they knew about the earlier ones!

cuznjohn
02-01-2014, 08:11 PM
according to the what was posted b4, the oil needed to be drained than the new locktite was to be done. you wonder if they feel they can pull the screw and stick it right back in with the oil still in the bike, so than it doesn't seal right

SAPD911
02-01-2014, 08:20 PM
according to the what was posted b4, the oil needed to be drained than the new locktite was to be done. you wonder if they feel they can pull the screw and stick it right back in with the oil still in the bike, so than it doesn't seal right

not sure, my wife is more pissed than me. I am just glad I caught it early.

Chupaca
02-01-2014, 08:43 PM
don't know if all the dealers know and do this before delivery. Simple fix for a small leak..hope they are not just waiting for first service to care of it. Seems the best time would be at assembly..jmo :gaah:

SAPD911
02-01-2014, 08:44 PM
http://www.spydertechnician.com/dlfiles/2014%20RT%20SE6%20Clutch%20Cover%20Oil%20Leak%20-%20Set%20Screw.pdf

Cruzr Joe
02-01-2014, 08:48 PM

No the oil must be removed and somewhere in the process they have to use a locktite promoter, it also requires some drying time

Cruzr Joe

NancysToy
02-01-2014, 09:08 PM
I can understand being unhappy because a new toy is leaking. We all want them to be perfect. I can't really understand the depth of some owner's displeasure or worry, however. Engines have been leaking for a hundred years. As long as it doesn't run the oil so low the oil pressure drops or the engine/transmission malfunctions or is damaged, and as long as the oil doesn't get on the rear tire tread, it can be lived with. BRP knows about it and will fix it. If the setscrew Loctite doesn't cure it, or a new screw doesn't, they will come up with a more thorough procedure or a new fix. Take a deep breath, then let it out slowly.

Magdave
02-01-2014, 09:29 PM
So that is at least 570 with this possible problem ? What was the build date should be on the left swing arm?

garb55
02-01-2014, 09:39 PM
30 miles and I read some posts about oil leaking. I go check and sure enough on the right front side, I see oil droplets. So pissed. Taking it to the dealer Monday. Whats causing this? I own a 2014 RTS SE6 vin #570! So flipping pissed!
I have oil leak and coolant leak going in monday:mad:

Cruzr Joe
02-01-2014, 09:56 PM
I can understand being unhappy because a new toy is leaking. We all want them to be perfect. I can't really understand the depth of some owner's displeasure or worry, however. Engines have been leaking for a hundred years. As long as it doesn't run the oil so low the oil pressure drops or the engine/transmission malfunctions or is damaged, and as long as the oil doesn't get on the rear tire tread, it can be lived with. BRP knows about it and will fix it. If the setscrew Loctite doesn't cure it, or a new screw doesn't, they will come up with a more thorough procedure or a new fix. Take a deep breath, then let it out slowly.

:agree: chill out, it is a minor problem that will be fixed, it does not prevent you from riding or anything else, it should be a minor inconvenience at most.

Cruzr Joe

garb55
02-01-2014, 10:12 PM
:agree: chill out, it is a minor problem that will be fixed, it does not prevent you from riding or anything else, it should be a minor inconvenience at most.

Cruzr Joe
It is not a minor inconvenience when the another dealer told me he would not work on it because my vin# doesn't show up on the warranty web site
The dealer I bought it from will do the work on Monday but he is 250 miles away and it is 15 to 20 degrees out and I will be ridding the bike there
Also I am calling BRO on Monday to ask them what is up the their warranty program
What if I was stuck out on the road would they say no and leave me there to freeze
Not a good way to treat customers

Cruzr Joe
02-01-2014, 10:19 PM
It is not a minor inconvenience when the another dealer told me he would not work on it because my vin# doesn't show up on the warranty web site
The dealer I bought it from will do the work on Monday but he is 250 miles away and it is 15 to 20 degrees out and I will be ridding the bike there
Also I am calling BRO on Monday to ask them what is up the their warranty program
What if I was stuck out on the road would they say no and leave me there to freeze

I was referring to taking it to a competent dealer to get it corrected. I agree with you that apparently the dealer that refused to do it is not customer oriented.

good luck and i hope your dealer gets it corrected for you. any improper workings on these or any machine is upsetting, but if your dealer (or any dealer) is smart they can fix this properly the first time and make a better customer out of you.

Believe me when i say that i was not trying to downplay the frustration of any mechanical problem

Cruzr Joe

SpyderAnn01
02-01-2014, 10:23 PM
VIN # 570 doesn't mean that yours is the 570th made.

Nils888
02-01-2014, 10:33 PM
541 miles on the spyder. Frame# 351 No leaks yet. :doorag:

Cruzr Joe
02-01-2014, 10:47 PM
541 miles on the spyder. Frame# 351 No leaks yet. :doorag:

799 Miles on vin # 330 and no leaks (yet)

Not all will leak.

Cruzr Joe

spyderdmb1621
02-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Folks,,this is so painless it's not funny, they drain they oil remove screw use loctite and screw away lol.... Think of it this way you get new oil lol, if this is the only thing that people are complaint about its a good thing remember the 13s. Take a deep breathe friends

NancysToy
02-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Sounds like your original dealer did not correctly register the warranty. You should have signed a warranty registration form when you picked up your Spyder. The dealer must file that with BRP. Phone the original dealer and lean on him to get it registered. Tell him if he doesn't do so he can bring a trailer the 250 miles and pick up your Spyder. Don't talk to the salesman, talk to the dealership owner if possible. It will take some patience to get through this, but it will all be worked out. My dealer neglected to register my warranty and I got an extra four months worth out of the deal, so it isn't always all bad. Don't be surprised if your local dealer is reluctant to work on it, or gives you a hard time. You bypassed him and went 250 miles to buy from someone else. He's not likely to be thrilled.

BajaRon
02-01-2014, 11:05 PM
799 Miles on vin # 330 and no leaks (yet)

Not all will leak.

Cruzr Joe

Sounds like a random problem. May be that someone on the assembly line had some bad days. Maybe didn't think they needed to use the locktite promoter or they were not applying enough locktite, who knows.

No one is saying this is ideal nor is anyone making excuses for BRP. Everyone agrees that every new Spyder should be perfect. Still, the fact is that we know they aren't all going to be perfect.

On a scale of 1-10, this is about a 1/2 ;). Once it is fixed you should never have any more issues. Your future is very bright!

SFC
02-01-2014, 11:42 PM
I'll trade you even up :banghead::hun::cheers:

ulflyer
02-02-2014, 07:22 AM
Shucks, just trot down to Walmart or an auto store, pick up a quart of Motorcycle oil 10-40, and add when needed. Otherwise, ride it and enjoy. Stick a piece of cardboard under where you park to catch drips.

If you had owned one of the earlier RT's with the host of small and sometimes large problems, you'd understand why us old timers don't get excited about an oil leak.

I hope mine starts so I can get a free oil change!

Bob Denman
02-02-2014, 08:24 AM
...We all want them to be perfect... ...As long as it doesn't run the oil so low the oil pressure drops or the engine/transmission malfunctions or is damaged, and as long as the oil doesn't get on the rear tire tread, it can be lived with... ...Take a deep breath, then let it out slowly.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_10.gif
Oh wait; it's almost time to start getting ready for the SuperBowl... :roflblack:

3 Wheel Addict
02-02-2014, 09:18 AM
I bet the problem is with the screw itself! A few years back Evinrude (a BRP company) removed ALL liquid Loctite from the factory and went to "lock patch" screws ( that's the screw with the locking agent already applied) they had problems with reactions and some people getting harmed medically with the liquid stuff. Could be that is the issue here to? Maybe the lock patch cant do a good enough job sealing the oil. I would gladly trade the heat issues on my 13 for the very minor oil leak because there is a solution for the leak!

Bob Denman
02-02-2014, 09:20 AM
You've brought up a ouple of very good points... :clap: :thumbup:
Time will tell...

mrfats
02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Looks like a minor problem to a new model. They'll get the bugs out and then they'll be many miles with happy smiles!

SAPD911
02-02-2014, 09:22 AM
Well at least I get a free oil change out of the deal. I will contact my dealer Tuesday. I did not sign any warranty paperwork, salesman said they already took care of it. hmmm.

I'll call the owner directly since he is the one who delivered the m/c to me.

Bob Denman
02-02-2014, 09:26 AM
When you meet with the dealer...

I'd take along a copy of that service bulletin, and make sure that they are aware of each and every procedure in it...
NO SHORTCUTS... :thumbup:

Good Luck!

SAPD911
02-02-2014, 09:31 AM
When you meet with the dealer...

I'd take along a copy of that service bulletin, and make sure that they are aware of each and every procedure in it...
NO SHORTCUTS... :thumbup:

Good Luck!

that's my worry, haven' t dealt with them, they have a one star rating through yahoo search engine. And they haven't gotten any 14's in yet. I am going to speak to the service manager first and show him the service bulletin.

And to the folks that say I am complaining, well I am. I paid close to 30K for something that SHOULD have already been inspected/checked by the dealer. Feel sry for the folks that don't check this website and have no clue of any oil leak until its too late!

Bob Denman
02-02-2014, 09:34 AM
You're not complaining too much at all...
The bike SHOULD BE "tight & right" when it's purchased.
Fortunately; this is a repairable "issue" that shouldn't cause you any more troubles once it's been addressed...
(And I've already emailed a copy of the bulletin to my dealer...)

DrewNJ
02-02-2014, 11:52 AM
This is such a non-issue that if it were mine I probably wouldn't even bother the dealer and fix it myself. Let the dealer check it out at the first service. Less time and hassle!
Funny how a lot of you just like to come on here and complain! Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
02-02-2014, 12:00 PM
I don't know if I'd call it complaining
(unless you're talking about the nitwit, who was whining about not getting his bike! :D :shocked: Oh... :opps:)
I'd categorize more like, "Looking for answers", or "Hey! You might want to be aware of this!"
This is the internet; we're in here because we're not out riding... :shocked:
(Happy folks don't have time to post!)

flaggerphil
02-02-2014, 12:16 PM

Indeed. It's a new product and the problem seems to be pretty minor. OP needs to chill.

flaggerphil
02-02-2014, 12:17 PM

Don't go back to that dealer.

Bob Denman
02-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Finding a good dealer is not as easy as we'd like... :shocked:
If you can't buy locally; you had BETTER make sure that you're fully-committed to the commute... :2thumbs:
My lousy advice...
1.Buy where the service is the best
2.See Rule 1

BobnDee
02-02-2014, 12:48 PM
http://www.spydertechnician.com/dlfiles/2014%20RT%20SE6%20Clutch%20Cover%20Oil%20Leak%20-%20Set%20Screw.pdf

Does this bulletin mean that spyders produced after this date (1/22/14) should have the fix incorporated? :pray:

Bob Denman
02-02-2014, 01:13 PM
That's the date the bulletin was created...(Good eyeballs! :clap:)
I'd say that you're safe, if your bike was built after this was issued.

ARtraveler
02-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Just a .02 Back to my consumer advocacy mode. :roflblack:

Fortunately, the oil leak is just a small glitch. It needs to be addressed and fixed promptly. A $30K machine should be coming out of the dealer without a leak that they now know about. They need to get their act together. Machines should now be coming from the factory--with no leaks.

The quicker they get it solved, the quicker it will go away. BRP needs a good year with the 2014's, and I think they know it. That is in our favor. :thumbup:

fastfraser
02-02-2014, 03:41 PM

Can't agree more . Keep an eye on it and ride it like you stole it. Get her fixed on your first service .

den1953
02-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Oils drips were once so commonplace with motorcycles years ago that catch pans were placed underneath them in dealer showrooms. Jokes about bikes marking their territory were just as common. Harleys were the last to have this common issue and some still do although they've made great strides in recent years. I wouldn't let this be a deal breaker on a new Spyder as the fix is so simple to do.

nhoj
02-02-2014, 06:29 PM
I don't understand why some have this oil leak problem and others do not.

SAPD911
02-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Just dropped it off at the dealer, they had no clue about the service bulletin. Had to show the one I found on here. Anyway, it will sit at the dealer until they order the correct Loctite. Apparently no on in town (100K city) has the correct kind of Loctite needed. Dealer said they ordered the Loctite and it will take 7-10 days. Until then, it sits at the dealer under an awning outside!

Bob Denman
02-04-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't understand why some have this oil leak problem and others do not.
Once the fix was found... bikes left the factory with the proper "goop", in the right place... :thumbup:

SAPD911
02-04-2014, 02:29 PM
Once the fix was found... bikes left the factory with the proper "goop", in the right place... :thumbup:

I spoke to BRP yesterday and they were aware of the problem about a week ago. However most dealers have no clue of the service bulletin!

stevedfive
02-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Mine goes in for the leak next Thursday. They were aware of the bulletin.

ulflyer
02-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Pretty sure mine predates the factory find/fix but so far no leaks at 340 mi. Wonder if BRP will authorize the earlier ones to be gooped up even tho they haven't leaked yet?

ahh-cool
07-07-2014, 07:02 AM
VIN # 570 doesn't mean that yours is the 570th made.

I'm confused, what does it mean?
Stefan

ahh-cool
07-07-2014, 07:17 AM
You can't expect another dealership to be thrilled because you told him that you did not care if he makes money or not. you did go to another place to buy your bike.

that's my worry, haven' t dealt with them, they have a one star rating through yahoo search engine. And they haven't gotten any 14's in yet. I am going to speak to the service manager first and show him the service bulletin.

And to the folks that say I am complaining, well I am. I paid close to 30K for something that SHOULD have already been inspected/checked by the dealer. Feel sorry for the folks that don't check this website and have no clue of any oil leak until its too late!
They have a one star rating through Yahoo, and you still bought from them.
I understand being upset, if like me you spent more on this bike than I spent on my car, you want it to be perfect.

Bob Denman
07-07-2014, 07:27 AM
When somebody travels 250 miles to buy a bike (To save money?); how much does that action truly cost them? :dontknow:

Magdave
07-07-2014, 08:13 AM
When somebody travels 250 miles to buy a bike (To save money?); how much does that action truly cost them? :dontknow:
Why do you keep promoting dealer loyalty Bob? It sure seems to me most are plain scumbags for BRP. If you buy a car you can go anywhere in the country to get it fixed and odds are they will do it correctly the first time and will not give you crap about where you bought it simply because it does not matter. A dealer is a dealer period and even asking if you bought from them is offensive and something BRP needs to stop. It simply should not matter. Anyone who says it should or can is simply wrong it is BRP's responsibility to police it's dealer network to provide the best service experience available. That is my opinion and I am sticking with it do you hear me BRPCares (Steve). Do you care about us?

DrewNJ
07-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Dave, we get it that you feel like you have been screwed by brp. You've made that clear over and over again. While I understand your frustration, what you seem to miss is that brp is NOT GM or Ford. They don't work that way. They are much smaller indy shops where likely the shop owner is there everyday. Sometimes this is a good thing, sometimes it's not. It seems like in the BRP world that a good relationship with your dealer can really benifit.

I've been around and owned brp products for YEARS and I've said it before....BRP let's their dealers run the front end of the business almost entirely. If a dealer makes a call, brp will likely stand behind that call....again, good and bad.
The single one thing that will piss off your dealer and take you down that dead end street with that dealer is to try and go over their head directly to brp. If a dealer realizes that this is your approach, be prepared to get very little dealer support.

Dave, dont take this the wrong way as its meant with the best intentions.....with all you have been through as well as your product expectations, I honestly think you would be much happier on a Honda, yamaha or the like. Trade your spyder in, take the loss, chalk it up to personal lesson learned. Life is way to short bro'.

Bob Denman
07-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Why do you keep promoting dealer loyalty Bob??

:shocked: Why?
Several reasons:
I would just as soon deal with local business if I can. :thumbup:
I'm gifted with the mechanical aptitude of a hamsterhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_10_8.gif :opps: nojoke
Keeping the local guy in business makes perfect sense for me!
If good dealers don't remain in business; where will you buy your bike?
I'm pretty lucky; I've got at least four around me (within an hour and fifteen minutes), that do good work! :thumbup:
So I've been lucky! :D

Magdave
07-07-2014, 10:37 AM
:shocked: Why?
Several reasons:
I would just as soon deal with local business if I can. :thumbup:
I'm gifted with the mechanical aptitude of a hamsterhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_10_8.gif :opps: nojoke
Keeping the local guy in business makes perfect sense for me!
If good dealers don't remain in business; where will you buy your bike?
I'm pretty lucky; I've got at least four around me (within an hour and fifteen minutes), that do good work! :thumbup:
So I've been lucky! :D

I agree with the point of supporting local businesses Bob and always try my best to do that. I live in Conway SC 10 miles from Myrtle beach but I always try to use any services from Conway and NOT MB. Keeping your money at home and supporting your neighborhood is something I always do.

Drew no offence taken but you miss my point. As has been mentioned here many time a good dealer can make or break a product. Guess who sells Hondas and all the other bikes around here...you got it my dealer. They are not a hole in the wall and living near rivers and the ocean they sell Ski Do and several other jet skis as sell as BRP and other OEM ATV's and they are the only dealer within 2 hrs. It is not that I dislike my ride but am paranoid that IF and when I need competent service where do I get it? I feel it is the OEM's job to make sure I can get it. Until BRP steps up to the plate and monitors their network better I will remain skeptical . The squeaky wheel gets greased so to speak. When I get an answer from BRP to contact my dealer about an issue and the dealer asks me if I have a carb or fuel injected Spyder what am I supposed to think? BRP is not a specialty OEM as you stated they have been around long enough to get it together and quit referring us to dealers if we have a question. They should be able to answer any question we ask them.

DrewNJ
07-07-2014, 10:41 AM
Dave, I get it. That is more of a dealer issue than a BRP issue and personally I'd run away from that dealer. Unfortunately, it isn't going to matter how much you "squeek".. Haha, it will fall on deaf ears. We are all just very small fish in a very large pond.....

Bob Denman
07-07-2014, 10:57 AM
BRP doesn't just hand out franchises... :shocked:
It takes a sizeable investment in money, space, and training.
Could they tighten up the requirements, and institute punitive actions for not complying?
Of course! :thumbup:
Could that affect a businessman's decision to sell them?
Of course! :yikes:
They are jugling plates on a tightrope... at night!
What can they do to improve the delaerships; without scaring them away? :dontknow:

If you have a workable answer; I'm pretty sure that they'd LOVE to hear it! nojoke

Magdave
07-07-2014, 11:32 AM
BRP doesn't just hand out franchises... :shocked:
It takes a sizeable investment in money, space, and training.
Could they tighten up the requirements, and institute punitive actions for not complying?
Of course! :thumbup:
Could that affect a businessman's decision to sell them?
Of course! :yikes:
They are jugling plates on a tightrope... at night!
What can they do to improve the delaerships; without scaring them away? :dontknow:

If you have a workable answer; I'm pretty sure that they'd LOVE to hear it! nojoke
Yes I have a workable answer Bob just like at Spyder fest or OE they have at least 1 BRP trained (and paid by BRP not the dealer) tech at each dealership that sells their products. He can give real time feedback to headquarters and accurate answers to customers. Obviously this may cost them money but they may be able to rotate them around 1 week at a time. For example we have 5 dealers in SC assign at least 2 regional techs that spend at least 1 week a month at each one of them. I am sure the dealers are up for free tech work. The dealers could advertise what weeks they will be in town. It is up to BRP to restore confidence not dealers who could care less. Most OEM vehicle builders have regional reps.

wa3wheels
07-15-2014, 12:18 AM
And all this Jibber Jabber over the inconvience of a minor oil leak !!!!! :chat:

Bob Denman
07-15-2014, 07:24 AM
they have at least 1 BRP trained (and paid by BRP not the dealer) tech at each dealership that sells their products. He can give real time feedback to headquarters and accurate answers to customers. Obviously this may cost them money but they may be able to rotate them around 1 week at a time. For example we have 5 dealers in SC assign at least 2 regional techs that spend at least 1 week a month at each one of them. I am sure the dealers are up for free tech work. The dealers could advertise what weeks they will be in town. It is up to BRP to restore confidence not dealers who could care less. Most OEM vehicle builders have regional reps.

And that'll cost HOW much? Are they covered by the dealership's Worker's comp coverage; or BRP's? (Which is from Canada...)
I LIKE the idea of roving experts; but it needs to have some more questions figured out, before answers can start piling up... :2thumbs:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-15-2014, 09:45 AM
Why do you keep promoting dealer loyalty Bob? It sure seems to me most are plain scumbags for BRP. If you buy a car you can go anywhere in the country to get it fixed and odds are they will do it correctly the first time and will not give you crap about where you bought it simply because it does not matter. A dealer is a dealer period and even asking if you bought from them is offensive and something BRP needs to stop. It simply should not matter. Anyone who says it should or can is simply wrong it is BRP's responsibility to police it's dealer network to provide the best service experience available. That is my opinion and I am sticking with it do you hear me BRPCares (Steve). Do you care about us?
:gaah:....Dave , I'm with you on this one ......Here is a short answer, Dealers may not be Happy if you don't buy from them because ............"THEY MAKE APPROX.$ 4000 TO $ 6000 + IN EACH NEW SPYDER " they sell..................MSRP, is a joke .....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-15-2014, 02:03 PM
What's wrong with the dealer making money on the sale? :dontknow:
They're the ones who've invested their money in the risky powersports market... :shocked:

jeromeb
07-15-2014, 02:50 PM
No leak on my 14 RTL, 2500 miles, and I check daily for oil spots. Last week while checking for any drips, I noticed oil under my wife's almost new Ford Explorer. Two quarts to top off for trip to the dealer and half day in the shop. Tech found that the filter and oil plug had not been properly tightened in the factory. Charged for oil change. I said the serenity prayer and moved on to more important things. Group club ride to dinner. Relax and enjoy my friends.

jerry

Bob Denman
07-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Same deal here: 2,500 miles, and the garage floor is plenty good and clean... just as I figured ti would be! :D :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-15-2014, 08:00 PM
What's wrong with the dealer making money on the sale? :dontknow:
They're the ones who've invested their money in the risky powersports market... :shocked:A nd I never ever ever said there was anything wrong with a dealer making a profit ..........I don't know why you read into the the things that arn't said Bob.....:gaah:....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

SPYD3R
07-15-2014, 08:03 PM
ALL THESE REPORTS OF LEAKS.......

AM I ON A HARLEY DAVIDSON WEBSITE FROM 30 YEARS AGO.......????? :banghead:

Bob Denman
07-15-2014, 08:41 PM
:gaah:....Dave , I'm with you on this one ......Here is a short answer, Dealers may not be Happy if you don't buy from them because ............"THEY MAKE APPROX.$ 4000 TO $ 6000 + IN EACH NEW SPYDER " they sell..................MSRP, is a joke .....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

How would you have read your very own CAPITALIZED statement? :dontknow:

ulflyer
07-16-2014, 05:43 AM
[QUOTE=SPYD3R;842207]ALL THESE REPORTS OF LEAKS.......

[:banghead:/QUOTE]

Only a hand-full got past the dealerships early on. If there's been any recent ones most likely it was the dealer who failed to make the very minor repair before it was sold. Mine was "fixed" even tho it never leaked a drop. :D

BLUEKNIGHT911
07-16-2014, 06:43 AM
How would you have read your very own CAPITALIZED statement? :dontknow:
:gaah:..:lecturef_smilie:..:roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack:....Bob do you know the difference between CAPITALIZATION and large print ? ? ? ........Mikeguyver :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: And what does the print size have to do with the content of what was being said ? ? ?..........Apples to Oranges , ! ! !:nopic:

Bob Denman
07-16-2014, 06:58 AM
THEY MAKE APPROX.$ 4000 TO $ 6000 + IN EACH NEW SPYDER

When I was in School; these letters would have been considered as "Capitalized"...

Bob Denman
07-16-2014, 07:45 AM
The initial statement that caught my attention

A nd I never ever ever said there was anything wrong with a dealer making a profit ..........I don't know why you read into the the things that arn't said Bob.....:gaah:....Mikeguyver :thumbup:
An apparent contradictory statement...

:gaah:..:lecturef_smilie:..:roflblack::roflblack:: roflblack::roflblack:....Bob do you know the difference between CAPITALIZATION and large print ? ? ? ........Mikeguyver :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: And what does the print size have to do with the content of what was being said ? ? ?..........Apples to Oranges , ! ! !:nopic:
Do you re-read any of your prior posts?

And I do believe that when your statements are viewed in their entirety; your intent as regards their meaning becomes perfectly clear...

Bob Denman
07-16-2014, 07:48 AM
Mike,
Unlike you; I just can't grab a hunk of wood and an old beer can tab, and whittle out a transaxle for a Cobra... :bowdown:
But I DO know words; you're in MY ballpark now! :thumbup:

Magdave
07-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Time for some Ice Cream will Bruster's do? :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Do the have Rocky Road?? :D :2thumbs:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_76.gif

ARtraveler
07-16-2014, 02:06 PM
:agree: also. I think its time for some ice cream. The thread about an oil leak has taken a southerly turn. Let's get along, keep it going about oil leaks if necessary, and not get into a fight over other things.

I have not had a problem with mine, so did not say much in here.

SpyRyd
07-16-2014, 02:07 PM
[QUOTE=SPYD3R;842207]ALL THESE REPORTS OF LEAKS.......

[:banghead:/QUOTE]

Only a hand-full got past the dealerships early on. If there's been any recent ones most likely it was the dealer who failed to make the very minor repair before it was sold. Mine was "fixed" even tho it never leaked a drop. :D

I have a recent one, oil leak that is. And, it ain't from the "screw" where most of the reported leaks have been. My leak is from the oil tank that's on the rear of the motor (as diagnosed by my dealer tech). Dealer ordered parts needed to fix, parts came in, dropped bike off on 7 Jul, tech started disassembly (motor has to be removed) and discovered tranny needed to be removed to get oil tank off (service manual did not so state), more parts needed to be ordered, those parts ordered 9 Jul and received yesterday, 15 Jul, work will not be completed this week.

See my post (Spyder-less for Awhile) in the 1330 forum with pictures.

Magdave
07-16-2014, 02:44 PM
Do the have Rocky Road?? :D :2thumbs:http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_76.gif

They got Gator Flavor :clap:That pic is from my back door by the way :yikes:

Bob Denman
07-16-2014, 05:28 PM
:D Cool... Belts and boots on the hoof! :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
07-16-2014, 06:11 PM

Also, handbags and wallets. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-16-2014, 06:19 PM
But I only need a new belt right now... :shocked:
And I'd like some fancy boots! :D

ARtraveler
07-16-2014, 06:22 PM
But I only need a new belt right now... :shocked:
And I'd like some fancy boots! :D

Sorry, just the old leatherman coming out a bit. And yes, I had alligator and croc skins. (South American).

Magdave
07-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Well he is 12-14ft and I do not think his 2, 8-10ft brothers or his 10 ft girlfriend would be amused. He bellows like a bull ( bovine) and vibrates my house sometimes.:shocked:

Bob Denman
07-16-2014, 08:18 PM
It sounds as if his family re-unions are very memorable... :shocked:

MidTNDawg
07-16-2014, 08:32 PM

you do not even have a clue on unit profit at a dealership. Just one thought, have you ever thought of overhead?

Deanna777
08-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Vin008 no oil leaks, ( I have not been home long enough to fine out, :roflblack:) with 372 miles on it. Deanna777:ohyea:

MarcusB
08-02-2014, 08:14 PM
Mine has a 1000 miles on it not a drop anywhere, oil level still full. MarucsB

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-02-2014, 08:48 PM
you do not even have a clue on unit profit at a dealership. Just one thought, have you ever thought of overhead?
:yes::yes::yes:.......Yep your right I'm clueless .....and you arn't and I'm very glad there a people like you who are Happy to pay M.S.R.P. or more ....because then I can Pay waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less and save a few thousand $$$$$$$$$......:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::r oflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflbla ck::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::ro flblack:.......................I certainly hope you got your R*cks off on this post .................I know I did :lecturef_smilie:......Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-03-2014, 07:21 AM
:lecturef_smilie: Michael...
Play nice, or we'll have Dee take your keys away!

The-BigDog-30
08-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Problem is everybody wants to say how great the 14's are, but in reality there's been nothing but problems- brakes, oil leaks, clutch, tires, rear shock, ignition, alignment, loose bolts, fuel pumps, etc. The list goes on , most of it should be corrected by BRP and you would think they would have cleaned it up by now. The rest is due to a bad delivery at dealer by undertrained techs. Should not be swept under the rug like it's no big deal.

The-BigDog-30
08-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Yes I have a workable answer Bob just like at Spyder fest or OE they have at least 1 BRP trained (and paid by BRP not the dealer) tech at each dealership that sells their products. He can give real time feedback to headquarters and accurate answers to customers. Obviously this may cost them money but they may be able to rotate them around 1 week at a time. For example we have 5 dealers in SC assign at least 2 regional techs that spend at least 1 week a month at each one of them. I am sure the dealers are up for free tech work. The dealers could advertise what weeks they will be in town. It is up to BRP to restore confidence not dealers who could care less. Most OEM vehicle builders have regional reps.

Love this idea, just keep rotating them, maybe they could train the techs while they're there, since most dealer techs do there training on the internet.

DrewNJ
08-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Problem is everybody wants to say how great the 14's are, but in reality there's been nothing but problems- brakes, oil leaks, clutch, tires, rear shock, ignition, alignment, loose bolts, fuel pumps, etc. The list goes on , most of it should be corrected by BRP and you would think they would have cleaned it up by now. The rest is due to a bad delivery at dealer by undertrained techs. Should not be swept under the rug like it's no big deal.
Agree! No more or less problems than before really......However, All the 14' owners are just happy they can putter around at near idle, get a bit better gas mileage, and not feel any heat off the motor.

Not really my thing, but I get it....

Roadster Renovations
08-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Sounds like a random problem. May be that someone on the assembly line had some bad days. Maybe didn't think they needed to use the locktite promoter or they were not applying enough locktite, who knows.

No one is saying this is ideal nor is anyone making excuses for BRP. Everyone agrees that every new Spyder should be perfect. Still, the fact is that we know they aren't all going to be perfect.

On a scale of 1-10, this is about a 1/2 ;). Once it is fixed you should never have any more issues. Your future is very bright!

Planning on checking mine. Sad thing is, was at the dealer for service on Thursday and this never showed up on the recall checks. Will check my VIN number to see what mine it!

BLUEKNIGHT911
08-03-2014, 12:09 PM
:lecturef_smilie: Michael...
Play nice, or we'll have Dee take your keys away!
.....Bob I certainly HOPE you sent HIM this message also because HIS language prompted mine ...........I never start any Fights BUT I will finish them ..........if attacked .....:yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:.....Mikeguyver :thumbup:

Bob Denman
08-03-2014, 01:36 PM
If you kids don't sit quietly back there; I swear that I'll turn this car around, and take us home!
:lecturef_smilie:I don't care who started what! :D

DrewNJ
08-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Looks like the inmates are getting cranky again at the old folks home...... must be nap time, or someone got a larger helping of peas than another person....

sddinnh
08-03-2014, 04:39 PM
Looks like the inmates are getting cranky again at the old folks home...... must be nap time, or someone got a larger helping of peas than another person....

The drug guy was late making his rounds. You got any of that ice cream left? :roflblack::roflblack: