PDA

View Full Version : What's With the New Backrest?

fredace
02-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Is there any adjustment on it at all? I'm only 5'8" and I'm practically sitting on the glove box.

Has anyone gotten the BRP backrest to adjust?

Cruzr Joe
02-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Is there any adjustment on it at all? I'm only 5'8" and I'm practically sitting on the glove box.

It is non-adjustable.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
02-01-2014, 11:47 AM
I believe that we had somebody in here working on it though... :thumbup:

Chupaca
02-01-2014, 12:01 PM
but it was just not thought out well. Hopefully they or someone will come up with a mod for that....:gaah:

ARtraveler
02-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Seem like we have non-adjustable and non-compatible with the other seat (OEM/Comfort) going on. Not good for a $500 accessory IMO. :(

stillriding
02-01-2014, 04:03 PM

I just got home from the mc show in Cleveland and got to sit on one with the BRP backrest. It may just work for me although I'm large around the middle. Though not adjustable it appears that it can be tilted back a hair. The main bracket mounts to the frame under the seat and two rods from the backrest go through the seat and lock into the bracket. A couple of washers (used as spacers) placed under the front of the bracket MAY tilt the backrest back a little without damaging the seat. I may try doing that as long as the dealer allows me to return it if it's not comfortable.

stillriding
02-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Seem like we have non-adjustable and non-compatible with the other seat (OEM/Comfort) going on. Not good for a $500 accessory IMO. :(
​I'm not certain, but I think BRP has a backrest for their comfort seat.

ARtraveler
02-01-2014, 04:07 PM
​I'm not certain, but I think BRP has a backrest for their comfort seat.

They do, but it is different. The way I currently understand it--if someone puts the new backrest on the OEM seat and then decides they want to opt for the optional comfort seat--a separate part # backrest is required. You cannot use the same backrest for both seats. $500 for the optional seat and another $500 for the backrest that fits. Therein lies my complaint.