PDA

View Full Version : BRP Called

schnauzermom
01-30-2014, 06:57 PM
So I have read of other forum members being called randomly by BRP but didn't really think it would happen to me. Since I have a 2011 RTS and pretty much problem free, I would not be visible to the Corporate Offices. But low and behold, we had a great 20-25 minute chat. She was very friendly and wanted to know me and my riding experiences on the RT. When I told her about the only issue I have had, which is the throttle body in 2012, she said, "oh was that the vacation on the Oregon coast?" So they do read and pay attention to the forum because I had gone into great detail on the forum about being broken down, etc etc. Wanted to know any changes I would like to see on future models, wanted to know the farkling I've done on mine, asked about my hubby and his Harley....all in all I would say I was impressed. I have and still am a Harley owner since 2003 and have never been called from Milwaukee about my experiences, I have owned a Kawasaki and never been called about my experiences. Now I do realize there are folks who are going to read this and say they have had real issues with their Spyder but never been called (ie 2013 issues) but she did say they are trying to talk to folks with all viewpoints, negative and positive. So I have a high regard for BRP and know that our forum family is playing a big part in their relationship with their customers.

SpyderAnn01
01-30-2014, 07:03 PM
That is fantastic. The 2014 is a product of those type of phone calls. They do listen

ARtraveler
01-30-2014, 07:12 PM
They don't call many people--but they do call. I had a call in 2011 or so. No other manufacturer has called me, and I have owned over 40 assorted.

RBS66
01-30-2014, 07:12 PM
I got a call from them today also. I was driving in my car and missed the call and they did not leave a message. When I got to my destination I checked my phone and saw that it said Quebec Canada. So I called the number back and they answered speaking in French. I asked if they spoke English and they said yes I told her my name and Asked who was calling and they had no idea who have made the call from their facility. They said to many employees to know who was calling me. Man what a bummer I was looking forward to talking to them.

bruiser
01-30-2014, 08:21 PM
That is fantastic. The 2014 is a product of those type of phone calls. They do listen

True.

Bob Denman
01-31-2014, 08:18 AM
I would certainly appreciate a phone call about now... :shocked:

schnauzermom
01-31-2014, 11:04 AM
Sooo sorry Bob, saw your "expressed feelings" yesterday...kinda of like watching Charlie Brown having a melt down! Was not pretty...I think I'm emotionally scarred. :yikes: SOMEONE WITH PULL NEEDS TO MAKE A CALL FOR THE GUY AND GET HIM INFO On HIS 2014!!!!!!!:mad:

Tango
01-31-2014, 11:14 AM
Sooo sorry Bob, saw your "expressed feelings" yesterday...kinda of like watching Charlie Brown having a melt down! Was not pretty...I think I'm emotionally scarred. :yikes: SOMEONE WITH PULL NEEDS TO MAKE A CALL FOR THE GUY AND GET HIM INFO On HIS 2014!!!!!!!:mad:

Bob's and my dealer are about 50 miles from each other. My Yellow and his Cognac must be on the same truck. The slow one. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Not that we can ride it if it were here. nojoke Tom :trike:

Bob Denman
01-31-2014, 11:25 AM
Tom,
Do you remember your folks telling you about the "Slow boat to China"? :yikes:

Chupaca
01-31-2014, 12:44 PM

They already know what your going to ask...:roflblack::roflblack: But you would be a good sourse...:2thumbs:

Bob Denman
01-31-2014, 12:49 PM
Carlo called me... :2thumbs:
He'll find the bike! :yes::ohyea::yes:

Hawk
01-31-2014, 01:55 PM

They probably knew it was you and put it on the short bus!!;)

schnauzermom
01-31-2014, 02:11 PM
See...big brother BRP is watching and listening:shocked: Love those guys :clap:

schnauzermom
01-31-2014, 02:14 PM
OOPs...or did you call them..

Cruzr Joe
01-31-2014, 02:22 PM

Please refer all short jokes to Snoopy. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Anonymous

Bob Denman
01-31-2014, 02:38 PM
No. Carlo gave me a call... :thumbup:

Hawk
01-31-2014, 02:40 PM
Please refer all short jokes to Snoopy. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Anonymous

More of a special needs joke than a short joke.

Bob Denman
01-31-2014, 02:55 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_2.gif

cuznjohn
01-31-2014, 03:17 PM
good things come to those that wait, so your bike has to be the best one of them all

Tango
01-31-2014, 05:19 PM
Tom,
Do you remember your folks telling you about the "Slow boat to China"? :yikes:

Yup, I remember. Ours is on the slow boat across the lake. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: Tom :trike:

Bob Denman
01-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Tom,
I spoke to Carlo at 3:50 this afternoon...
It's the end of the Month, Quarter, and Year for BRP...
They're shipping aout a TON of bikes tonight, and Monday.
Ours are definitely on the trucks!! :yes::ohyea::yes:
Next week, Baby!! :2thumbs::D

SpyderDen
01-31-2014, 05:35 PM

Thats not funny. My last name is Buss. My mother was 4'8". I'm a towering 5'6". :roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-31-2014, 05:40 PM
But; it's not the size of the dog in the fight... :thumbup: ;)

SpyderDen
01-31-2014, 05:46 PM
:agree::clap: Or the size of the pen. It's the penmanship.

Hawk
01-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Me and a friend at work, who is vertically challenged, were having playful words today and I said " if you have any more to say to me, go get a step stool so you can say it to my face" his reply was " I would have to be at the other end of the hallway because of your gut"

I am not sure who got the better of that one, lol.

SNOOPY
01-31-2014, 10:39 PM

Anonymous

Hey! :gaah:

Bob Denman
02-01-2014, 12:34 AM
Me and a friend at work, who is vertically challenged, were having playful words today and I said " if you have any more to say to me, go get a step stool so you can say it to my face" his reply was " I would have to be at the other end of the hallway because of your gut"

I am not sure who got the better of that one, lol.
Amongst friends... Everybody always wins, :thumbup:nojoke

rugbyruth
02-01-2014, 02:41 AM
I'm very impresses that brp makes these call to thier owners.:bowdown::clap:

mwkess
02-01-2014, 09:53 AM
So I have read of other forum members being called randomly by BRP but didn't really think it would happen to me. Since I have a 2011 RTS and pretty much problem free, I would not be visible to the Corporate Offices. But low and behold, we had a great 20-25 minute chat. She was very friendly and wanted to know me and my riding experiences on the RT. When I told her about the only issue I have had, which is the throttle body in 2012, she said, "oh was that the vacation on the Oregon coast?" So they do read and pay attention to the forum because I had gone into great detail on the forum about being broken down, etc etc. Wanted to know any changes I would like to see on future models, wanted to know the farkling I've done on mine, asked about my hubby and his Harley....all in all I would say I was impressed. I have and still am a Harley owner since 2003 and have never been called from Milwaukee about my experiences, I have owned a Kawasaki and never been called about my experiences. Now I do realize there are folks who are going to read this and say they have had real issues with their Spyder but never been called (ie 2013 issues) but she did say they are trying to talk to folks with all viewpoints, negative and positive. So I have a high regard for BRP and know that our forum family is playing a big part in their relationship with their customers.

I also received a call from BRP several weeks ago. We spoke for about 15-20 minutes. We discussed a number of items and when we concluded the call I felt that BRP was really interested in what we Ryders have to say. Thanks BRP :thumbup: