PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty?

dizzyspots
01-30-2014, 04:04 PM
So....I just found out that between the previous owner not doing paperwork and BRP being slow on the uptake, my 2012 Spyder with 2000 miles is out of warranty by about 70 days. Have any of you purchased non-BRP extended warranty and used it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Mike

ARtraveler
01-30-2014, 04:21 PM
So....I just found out that between the previous owner not doing paperwork and BRP being slow on the uptake, my 2012 Spyder with 2000 miles is out of warranty by about 70 days. Have any of you purchased non-BRP extended warranty and used it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Mike

You have posted pretty much same in a couple threads--you might want to hone it down to one.

RE: aftermarket warranty--you may want to check with the dealers in your area if they will honor the warranty. Usually the selling dealer will--but you may run into issues with other dealers--as in a break down on the road situation. BEST is supposed to be honored by all CanAm dealers.

A shame that other people have messed up a warranty continuation on your purchase. I would pursue the matter a little further if possible.

Jshomen
02-14-2014, 12:04 PM
Yes, we just purchased a 2 year, non BRP warranty from Ridenow - Ina Road in Tucson. Came in handy as two weeks after getting it the analog tachometer went out and now the whole instrument cluster will be replaced at no cost to us next week. FYI
Jshomen