PDA

View Full Version : Any Thoughts on having a Spyderfest West Such as Nevada,Arizona,New Mexico,California

Montery
01-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Now that there are so many new Spyder owners in the west,I was wondering why can't we have a gathering out west.I would be intersted in seeing comments to such an idea.We have so many riding areas and great hotels,motels in places like Las Vegas. Just a thought I'm from Lake Havasu City and we have lots of places to stay and good riding areas.

ARtraveler
01-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Now that there are so many new Spyder owners in the west,I was wondering why can't we have a gathering out west.I would be intersted in seeing comments to such an idea.We have so many riding areas and great hotels,motels in places like Las Vegas. Just a thought I'm from Lake Havasu City and we have lots of places to stay and good riding areas.

The lynch pin to something like this is to have a sponsoring dealer willing to take on all that goes with it. There are some other events that are in that area, Durango, SIR, a Washington State event, etc. May be a little difficult to organize such an event--but will be watching.

Chupaca
01-30-2014, 05:14 PM
Would be nice...but there is a lot involved in setting one up. I give a lot of credit to those dedicated to making them happen. Do see your point though, most of the big ones are long drives for those out west. To bad no one has been able to get a true figure of registerd spyders by state or even how many have been sold or made...but brp holding to mid/east must mean thats where the bulk is...still would be nice..!! :dontknow:

NancysToy
01-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Spyders in the Redwoods is already held in California, in August if I remember right.

cptjam
02-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Two easy ways come to mind:
Laughlin
Las Vegas Bike Week

we go every year, and can establish a rendezvous point. If we build a large enough gathering, the following year will be bigger! A Spyder only event is a great time, but takes a lot to host. Durango and SIR are great, and I encourage more people to go. Spyderfest is fantastic, and the premier Spyder event. Make the trek, see how it runs, grow from there.

SpyderAnn01
02-15-2014, 01:34 AM
Laughlin is the same time as Spyderfest.

rugbyruth
02-15-2014, 03:07 AM
would love to have a spyderfest closer to the western states. When is spyders in redwoods? we would like to go this year.

Ruth:doorag:

murphybrown
02-15-2014, 05:16 AM
would love to have a spyderfest closer to the western states. When is spyders in redwoods? we would like to go this year.

WA state: June 6, 7, 8....check us out at www.heartofwashington.org :thumbup:

Purple Guy
02-15-2014, 11:21 AM

Aug 4 - 7
http://spydersintheredwoods.weebly.com/

cabodan
02-15-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm in see you all there or we can meetup on I-5 SOUTH from Canadian border and go as a group.:yes:

garb55
05-28-2014, 02:05 PM

August 4-7

I lived in Torrance 3 years ago
I am going to Spyders in the Redwoods
If you are going and coming up Hwy 95 PM me and we can join up on the ride
I live in Bridgeport Calif. 1/2 block off 395
Don

Dan_Ashley
05-28-2014, 03:33 PM
If anyone knows how to start up and host such an event, I would like to help. I do not know how to get this going, so I can't be the lead.
However, I want to help.
Several nice venues come to mind:
San Diego is incredible in the Spring and in the Fall.
The Central Coast is beautiful all the time.
Palm Springs is great in November and March.

I think the best would be San Diego. There are lots of nice hotels near the beach areas and rydes to the mountains, beach, and desert areas could be taken for less than 200 miles round trip.

I would like to help. But I do not know how to get it going....

Pampurrs
07-05-2015, 11:24 AM
:popcorn: