PDA

View Full Version : Ladies & Gentleman, Children of all ages; I found a Helmet!!!

Greg H.
08-02-2008, 08:17 AM
To say I'm excited, is putting it mildly. :popcorn: Yesterday, I went down to Olive Branch Suzuki Yamaha (Mississippi) to check out their helmet selection. I was told they had a great selection. And, they do! :thumbup:

I'm buying an HJC Sy-Max II Modular. I got really good assistance from them regarding fit, and everything. The price is about $270.00.

Wearing glasses certainly presents a challenge when it comes to finding a good quality helmet that allows easy install of eyeglasses. The HJC is the best I have seen. I was going to check out the Nolan N102 (much more $$$). But, I was having trouble finding a dealer in the area. Not to mention; they are closer to $400+.

Here is a link to the Sy-Max II...
http://www.hjchelmets.com/prds_symaxii.htm

After talking to some friends, and giving it more thought, I became pretty set on going with a modular. The features on the HJC are nice, as well. It has the pop down sunshade that sets in 3 positions, too. Cool! My glasses are photogray. So, that feature I may not ever need. But, it's nice that it's there. Also; the reviews are pretty good on this helmet. Also; the ventilation is reported to be good.

I'm ordering solid silver. The HJC Sy-Max IIs are only available on solid colors. And, that's okay with me.

So far, like everything else 'Spyder related', yes; the helmet needs to be ordered! :) All they have on their shelves is black.

zzneonzz
08-02-2008, 08:38 AM
To say I'm excited, is putting it mildly. :popcorn: Yesterday, I went down to Olive Branch Suzuki Yamaha (Mississippi) to check out their helmet selection. I was told they had a great selection. And, they do! :thumbup:

I'm buying an HJC Sy-Max II Modular. I got really good assistance from them regarding fit, and everything. The price is about $270.00.

Wearing glasses certainly presents a challenge when it comes to finding a good quality helmet that allows easy install of eyeglasses. The HJC is the best I have seen. I was going to check out the Nolan N102 (much more $$$). But, I was having trouble finding a dealer in the area. Not to mention; they are closer to $400+.

After talking to some friends, and giving it more thought, I became pretty set on going with a modular. The features on the HJC are nice, as well. It has the pop down sunshade that sets in 3 positions, too. Cool! My glasses are photogray. So, that feature I may not ever need. But, it's nice that it's there. Also; the reviews are pretty good on this helmet. Also; the ventilation is reported to be good.

I'm ordering solid silver. The HJC Sy-Max IIs are only available on solid colors. And, that's okay with me.

So far, like everything else 'Spyder related', yes; the helmet needs to be ordered! :) All they have on their shelves is black.

:congrats::2thumbs:

Director
08-02-2008, 08:51 AM

Good choice, Greg. I have an earlier version SyMax (I m wearing it in my avatar picture) and it is an excellent helmet. I really like the tinted drop-down visor on the SyMax II.:thumbup:

Bruce

Greg H.
08-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Good choice, Greg. I have an earlier version SyMax (I m wearing it in my avatar picture) and it is an excellent helmet. I really like the tinted drop-down visor on the SyMax II.:thumbup:

Bruce

Thanks Bruce! We just got home. My Wife decided to go with the Sy-Max II, as well. She wanted some graphics, however. The dealer mentioned there are some wraps that can be purchased, and applied. I will investigate that further. For me personally, I like the silver, as it is. Of course, both helmets had to be ordered! You know; just like the Spyder!!! :banghead::cheers: This is just too much fun, already! So, that was a purchase of just over $600! roflmao

Big Arm
08-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks Bruce! We just got home. My Wife decided to go with the Sy-Max II, as well. She wanted some graphics, however. The dealer mentioned there are some wraps that can be purchased, and applied. I will investigate that further. For me personally, I like the silver, as it is. Of course, both helmets had to be ordered! You know; just like the Spyder!!! :banghead::cheers: This is just too much fun, already! So, that was a purchase of just over $600! roflmao

Greg, I don' tknow if this link will work, but, check this out.........http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HJC-SY-MAX-II-2-MODULAR-HELMET-SILVER-M-MEDIUM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1 247QQcategoryZ6749QQihZ013QQitemZ230269057018QQrdZ 1QQsspagenameZWD1V If this dosen't take you to the item, go to ebay, and type in the number 110274578690 in the search box, and it will show helments from helmetdepot. It might be worth looking at. If this isn't the size wanted, look under sellers other items.

Greg H.
08-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Greg, I don' tknow if this link will work, but, check this out.........http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HJC-SY-MAX-II-2-MODULAR-HELMET-SILVER-M-MEDIUM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1 247QQcategoryZ6749QQihZ013QQitemZ230269057018QQrdZ 1QQsspagenameZWD1V If this dosen't take you to the item, go to ebay, and type in the number 110274578690 in the search box, and it will show helments from helmetdepot. It might be worth looking at. If this isn't the size wanted, look under sellers other items.

Wow! Yeah! That's a sweet deal. I could have saved some $$$. The one thing though, was these guys were really helpful. And, most of the time, if I were to find a better online deal, I might go for it. But, also; the helpfulness of the dealer made it worth it. Maybe a bit crazy... But, what the heck! :D

Here's a review of the Sy-Max II by Helmet Harbor.......
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Oh! and, I meant to mention this earlier; these HJC Helmets do come with nice bags. Not as fancy as the BRP (Scorpian) bags for $49.95, but nice.

Smylinacha
08-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I have one of those for winter time - they are nice:) I don't have to worry about glasses anymore - just got contacts so NO MORE GLASSES! YAY! If it's sunny out I just swap to a smoked shield on my helmet - I wear a 3/4 in the summer.