PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Matt Silver

bluestratos
01-30-2014, 10:47 AM
I hope to finalize a deal today or tomorrow at the latest due to the extended warranty off. I read that the matt finish must be handled carefully when washing and is not to be waxed. Is this true of this paint color on the RT?

Cruzr Joe
01-30-2014, 10:49 AM
I heard that the Black on the RT limited is a softer paint but have not heard anything about any of the other colors

Cruzr Joe

ulflyer
01-30-2014, 11:10 AM
I hope to finalize a deal today or tomorrow at the latest due to the extended warranty off. I read that the matt finish must be handled carefully when washing and is not to be waxed. Is this true of this paint color on the RT?

Its true according to my salesman. They have one on the floor and he was very specific about not using wax....that it will bloch up the paint, etc, only soap and water should be used.

Olddood
01-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Treat this paint as you would Flat Black. The wax will leave white films and make it look terrible (like it really faded in the sun). Just my opinion......You got a Matte finish, why would you want to shine it up with wax?

Chupaca
01-30-2014, 12:22 PM
matte finishes were produced to avoid reflection. Waxing will damage this finish. Sadly the other draw back is that if you get any small scratches you can not buff them out. It is a great look but requires more care. Check auto supply for matte finish protection if you are wanting to protect the finish cause your not going to make it shine...:thumbup:

stillriding
01-30-2014, 12:28 PM

​And the owner's manual says you can't use quick detailers either.

cuznjohn
01-30-2014, 12:32 PM
yellow is faster

den1953
01-30-2014, 01:02 PM
The two American motorcycle manufacturers have had matte finishes available for the last several years now and from reports I've seen in other forums, yes the do not wax story holds up. It's also true that matte paints scratch more easily and show scratches more vividly, so that is why I am avoiding them. It's a personal taste and preference thing if you really like the look though.

sharp
01-30-2014, 01:29 PM
Flash Gordon informed me to check Chemical Guys that they have a soap and a detailer for matte finishes.I found their products on Ebay a little cheaper.

DrewNJ
01-30-2014, 01:37 PM
I saw the matte silver at the show and it looks fantastic! I'd bet its not as difficult as the matte black to keep looking nice.
A good friend had his vette vinyl wrapped in pearl white matte and it actually was pretty easy to keep clean and nice looking vs. The matte black.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

ARtraveler
01-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Great information. This was the first I heard. Was at first interested in the Silver LTD with maroon seat--but changed my mind to Yellow RTS. I will see if my dealer is aware on the "no wax"--just to have some fun with them the next time I visit. :roflblack: