PDA

View Full Version : Best Warranty

3corvettes
01-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Picking up my 2014 RT Limited today, and had a question about the warranty. Didn't the web site claim that you got the 2 yr. plus 2 yr. Best if you ordered a new 2014 in the fall, which I did?
Just curious what other 2014 owners got.

NetJunkie
01-29-2014, 10:30 AM
As long as you bought it (paperwork complete and delivered) by the end of January you should get an additional 2 years.

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
As long as you bought it (paperwork complete and delivered) by the end of January you should get an additional 2 years.

:agree: that is what i got. Did you get something different?

Cruzr joe

NetJunkie
01-29-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm not even sure I got anything from the dealer stating the additional 2 years in my paperwork but I did get my BEST card showing the full 4 years.

SpyderAnn01
01-29-2014, 10:36 AM
Did your dealer not give you the extended warranty?

3corvettes
01-29-2014, 10:38 AM
Did your dealer not give you the extended warranty?
Picking it up this afternoon, just checking to see what if that is indeed the correct info.

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2014, 10:48 AM
Good idea, you should be good to go. :thumbup:

Thumbs up on the new ride.

Cruzr Joe

bcoulter19
01-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I'm getting an extended 2 years manufacturer warranty on my 2013 rt-s so 4years. you should get at least that on a 14.

jcthorne
01-29-2014, 12:24 PM
You can also add the 5th year for not all that much money.

Tango
01-30-2014, 10:42 AM
My dealer confirmed I would get the extra 2 years of BEST. Butt, doesn't expect to see the Spyder till late Feb., or March. I pre ordered a yellow RTS SE6. :yikes:
Tom :trike:

murphybrown
01-30-2014, 10:46 AM
But Pitbull powersports assures me that I got the BEST 2 year extended and I will add the 3rd year. BEST is a must have on my must have list...:thumbup:

Purple Guy
01-30-2014, 07:42 PM
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, not delivered till end of March and I got 2 + 2 warranty with mine.

jimbo277630
01-30-2014, 08:00 PM
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, not delivered till end of March and I got 2 + 2 warranty with mine.

the dealer told me you get the extra 2 years if you finance it if you pay cash you don't anyone knows if that's true of not pick up my 2014 limited today

NetJunkie
01-30-2014, 08:17 PM
the dealer told me you get the extra 2 years if you finance it if you pay cash you don't anyone knows if that's true of not pick up my 2014 limited today

That's not true. I paid cash and got it. And that's no where in the offer print.

Flash Gordon
01-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Picking up my 2014 RT Limited today, and had a question about the warranty. Didn't the web site claim that you got the 2 yr. plus 2 yr. Best if you ordered a new 2014 in the fall, which I did?
Just curious what other 2014 owners got.

I placed a deposit on a 2014 RT-L the first week of Oct. 2013. I completed the deal and paper work on Dec. 24, 2013. The sales manager told me that I was getting the regular 2 year warranty plus the 2 year extended warranty. After looking through all of my paper work, I did not find anything that stated anything about the 2 year extended warranty.

I received the packet today from BRP and thought that maybe it would be in that envelope, but it was not. In fact the only thing that was in the packet was the Accessary book for the 2014 which I already had from the dealer. Then I had the pin and patch to have sewn on a clothing item. A form letter that did not say anything different than the one that I received when I purchased my 2013 RT-L purchased on Feb 7, 2013.

I guess now I should contact the sales dept. at the dealership and ask what I should have to show that I have a 4 year warranty.

Thanks for all of the information on this web site. It sure is very helpful.

NetJunkie
01-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Have you gotten your BEST card yet? If so look at the dates on it.

Flash Gordon
01-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Have you gotten your BEST card yet? If so look at the dates on it.

No I have never seen a Best Card. I did not purchase an extended warranty on the 2013. I guess I will get a Best Card, but who will send it to me? I think I need to call the dealership tomorrow and ask some questions.:dontknow:

Deanna777
01-31-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm not even sure I got anything from the dealer stating the additional 2 years in my paperwork but I did get my BEST card showing the full 4 years.I got the same thing when I bought my 2012RTS-SE5 from my dealer, also I got the" BEST card " in the mail showing that it expires in 2016. Deanna777

Flash Gordon
01-31-2014, 10:33 PM
No I have never seen a Best Card. I did not purchase an extended warranty on the 2013. I guess I will get a Best Card, but who will send it to me? I think I need to call the dealership tomorrow and ask some questions.:dontknow:

I called the sales manager at the dealership today, and he advised me that we do not get the "Best Warranty" here in Florida. Instead, the service manager will print something out for me when I bring it in for service, and the extended warranty is backed by BRP. I may have to ride over to the dealership before I get my first 3,000 miles service so I can have a piece of paper showing the extended warranty.

wyliec
01-31-2014, 11:00 PM
I called the sales manager at the dealership today, and he advised me that we do not get the "Best Warranty" here in Florida. Instead, the service manager will print something out for me when I bring it in for service, and the extended warranty is backed by BRP. I may have to ride over to the dealership before I get my first 3,000 miles service so I can have a piece of paper showing the extended warranty.

Will you still be getting the roadside assistance that normally comes with the Best Warranty? Just something to ask the dealer.

Flash Gordon
02-01-2014, 08:01 PM
Will you still be getting the roadside assistance that normally comes with the Best Warranty? Just something to ask the dealer.

I don't know, but I guess I will find out just what it covers when I get a printout from the Service Mgr. at the dealership. This must be unique to Florida.

NetJunkie
02-01-2014, 08:07 PM
I don't know, but I guess I will find out just what it covers when I get a printout from the Service Mgr. at the dealership. This must be unique to Florida.

Looks like he's right..but in the end I think you will be the same. See the fine print here:

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/promotions/can-am-spyder-yellow-tag-event.html

They exclude Florida from the extra 2 years of BEST, but give you a BRP factory warranty extension instead. Also, if you look here (http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html) you'll see there is a different BEST brochure for Florida..and it appears that BRP must sub out that warranty service to an insurance company for Florida.

In the end you still have a 4-year warranty. Just maybe not roadside but that's not a big deal.

Flash Gordon
02-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Looks like he's right..but in the end I think you will be the same. See the fine print here:

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/promotions/can-am-spyder-yellow-tag-event.html

They exclude Florida from the extra 2 years of BEST, but give you a BRP factory warranty extension instead. Also, if you look here (http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/best-extended-service.html) you'll see there is a different BEST brochure for Florida..and it appears that BRP must sub out that warranty service to an insurance company for Florida.

In the end you still have a 4-year warranty. Just maybe not roadside but that's not a big deal.

Thanks for the above information and links. I did not secure an extended warranty for my 2013 Spyder, so I had no idea how the 4 year warranty worked on my new 2014. Now I know. Thanks again for the information.