PDA

View Full Version : My new 2014

carajony
01-28-2014, 10:58 PM
Went in for my 5000 maintenance on my 12 n rode out on a new black 14 RTS. Rode it home 160 miles. Loved it. What a difference. Don't get me wrong. I never had any major issues with my 12 but what a difference. Now a couple questions for the experienced peeps here.
I thought the windshield was supposed to have louvers. Only has 2 holes close to the bottom.
When I got home n parked it my oil light came on.
Gas wasn't that great but I was going 80 the whole way n cruise control on.
Can someone make a do's n dont's for the 14's.
where did the trunk release button go?

Besides that its time to start farkling it up.

Awesome awesome awesome. :ohyea:

Chupaca
01-28-2014, 11:11 PM
but seems they didn't walk you through that well. The frunk button has become a farkle, you have to add it. The windshield comes with vents which are the holes. As for the oil light check the oil level. There has been a bulletin about a case bolt causing a oil leak but should have been done before you took possesion. Congratulations on the new ryde...enjoy..:ohyea::ohyea:

NancysToy
01-28-2014, 11:20 PM
but seems they didn't walk you through that well. The frunk button has become a farkle, you have to add it. The windshield comes with vents which are the holes. As for the oil light check the oil level. There has been a bulletin about a case bolt causing a oil leak but should have been done before you took possesion. Congratulations on the new ryde...enjoy..:ohyea::ohyea:

The oil light does not check the oil level...it indicates low oil pressure. If the engine was turned off, the light will come on. If it is on with the engine running, you have a serious problem or a sensor malfunction.

Jim&Teresa
01-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Congrats on your new 2014 Spyder! :congrats:

Enjoy the year on your new ryde.....:2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
01-29-2014, 12:47 AM
You will find that the gas mileage is better than it was on earlier models but at speeds of 80 and up the mileage is still lousy. You should expect to go around 170 miles before the low fuel light comes on!

Bob Denman
01-29-2014, 07:41 AM
:agree: The spyder is still the aerodynamic equivalent of a "Barn Door"... :shocked:
Dial the speeds back, and watch the MPGs climb... :thumbup:

Purple Guy
01-29-2014, 07:42 AM
:congrats:on your upgrade!

carajony
01-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Thanx on the tips. N yes my spyder was still on when the light came on. I had just pulled in to my garage n put it on park then oil light came on. Didn't come on once the whole ride.

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2014, 08:53 AM
You have the twin of mine, I am real happy with it except that i just realized that a BLACK SPYDER is hard to keep clean, but it runs faster and smoother and looks better than all the other colors :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

SAPD911
01-29-2014, 08:58 AM
You have the twin of mine, I am real happy with it except that i just realized that a BLACK SPYDER is hard to keep clean, but it runs faster and smoother and looks better than all the other colors :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Once you go white, oh wait, thats "black", you never go back. LOL.

First 600 miles are break-in, lol. And yes I would have the dealer check the oil light. I would check the oil before starting it up though.

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Once you go white, oh wait, thats "black", you never go back. LOL.

First 600 miles are break-in, lol. And yes I would have the dealer check the oil light. I would check the oil before starting it up though.

CORRECTION: first 3,000 Miles are break in, Have the dealer check your oil light situation as soon a possible (right Away)

Cruzr Joe

Dan McNally
01-29-2014, 09:02 AM
:congrats: . . . I'm officially jealous!

SAPD911
01-29-2014, 09:10 AM
good to know about the break-in, thought the manual said 600. Oh well, I drive like a slow poke anyway.

Don in E Texas
01-29-2014, 02:27 PM
You mean the next time I have my 2010 serviced I'll ride out on a 2014? Wait until I tell my wife about that one. But if it is Black, she might not notice.
Ride like you stole it and enjoy it.

Don

ARtraveler
01-29-2014, 04:57 PM
:congrats:on the new ryde.

RE: Break in--page 56 of the owners manual

A break-in period of 3000 mi is required for the vehicle.

During the first 300 mi avoid hard breaking.

During the first 3000 mi
Avoid full throttle acceleration
Avoid prolonged riding
If the cooling fans operate continuously...pull over and shut off the engine to let air cool off the engine.
After the break in period, your vehicle should be inspected by an authorized CanAm dealer.