PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear

zzneonzz
08-01-2008, 01:30 PM
So what does everyone here put on when the rain starts coming down? I'm looking at invensting in some rain gear hopefully before I need it :D so wanting to see what others use.

Napalmseth
08-01-2008, 01:39 PM
I went with the Frogg Toggs. They're a little lighter for the heat and humidity.

sleepman
08-01-2008, 02:48 PM
A lot of this depends on what kind of foul weather you plan on riding in. I usually won't stop for any kind of rain so I want something that will keep me dry through even the heaviest rains, but since I'm in Florida I also want to stay cool. For pants I prefer the Frogg Toggs, they're fairly cheap to buy but my current set has held up for more than a year now and right now I'm using almost every day. For a jacket I've got both the Frogg Toggs and a Firstgear, I actually prefer the Firstgear because I doesn't balloon up as much as the Frogg Toggs does.

Napalmseth
08-01-2008, 02:54 PM
The new frogg toggs have a "cape" in the back that helps stop the ballooning. I'm in florida too. So heat and humidity is definitely an issue.

tatt2r
08-01-2008, 02:58 PM
large plastic trash bag ..... doesn't take up much room... cheap ..... i size fits all .... and makes my ex wife think i have no money ..... and makes homeless people jealous.... and if it's really coming down bad i put bread bags over my feet .... thinking about putting colored dot stickers all over spyder to match wonder bread bags ....

NancysToy
08-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I wear a Techics suit, my wife has Tourmaster. Almost all the motorcycle rainsuits work well, and don't balloon.
-Scotty

rupbre
08-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Frogg Toggs. Light and do a great job.

MSGTDOC
08-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Frogg Toggs

Greg H.
08-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Okay! Okay! But, what about your shoes/boots? What do we do there? :yikes:

zzneonzz
08-01-2008, 04:23 PM
Okay! Okay! But, what about your shoes/boots? What do we do there? :yikes:

Good point Greg!!! Glad you stepped in and helped me out with my next question :D

ataDude
08-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Good point Greg!!! Glad you stepped in and helped me out with my next question :D

That's easy... waterproof boots. I use Sidi... short ones for summer and taller ones for winter.

docdoru
08-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Totes Zipper Town Rain Boots and Leep Frog Motorcycle Rain jacket and pants. BTW, the rain finally stops :chill: in Tampa!

NancysToy
08-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Tourmaster overboots, over my riding boots if it is raining hard. Wife's riding boots are waterproof. There are many waterproof boots, and a few overboots available. The Tourmasters are $20. For gloves we wear our waterproof riding gloves in light rain, and either neoprene fishing gloves, or large dishwashing gloves over our normal ones for heavier stuff. There are dedicated overgloves available, too.
-Scotty

sleepman
08-01-2008, 07:14 PM
I use a set of my neoprene diving gloves when it rains. For my boots I bought a pair of Survivors at Walmart and they have stayed dry through all but the heaviest of rains. If thats not enough I use a set of leg gators, which are vinyl slip-ons that cover the boot and go up to just under the knee. They work great for keeping your feet dry and when not in use they don't take up a lot of room.

Sopher
08-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I found waterproof pants from Columbia and a Columbia Titanium waterproof packable jackets works well.

Greg H.
08-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all the input, everyone! :clap:

At the dealer in Olive Branch today, I checked out what they had. Fieldsheer Storm Two-Piece Rainsuit. I tried on the large jacket. It seemed to fit me well. Now; my inseam is 36". So, the pants, I would have to try to make sure they would be long enough. The price was about $65.00.

I found them online here...
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/41/2467/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Storm-Two-Piece-Rainsuit.aspx

spydsense
08-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I have Frogg Toggs and Harley Davidson gaters for your feet.

hondaman
08-02-2008, 05:18 PM
anyone used the can-am caliber jacket and or pants?

zzneonzz
08-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks for all the input, everyone! :clap:

At the dealer in Olive Branch today, I checked out what they had. Fieldsheer Storm Two-Piece Rainsuit. I tried on the large jacket. It seemed to fit me well. Now; my inseam is 36". So, the pants, I would have to try to make sure they would be long enough. The price was about $65.00.

I found them online here...
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/41/2467/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Storm-Two-Piece-Rainsuit.aspx

Greg were is the dealer in Olive Branch located that you have been going to? Do they have a good selection of riding gear? I went to Cycle Gear and got a pair of gloves but those guys up there aren't very friendly in my opinion so looking for some place else to try.

Oh yea and Oakland PD asked me to pull over this morning so he could check out the :spyder:was probably the nicest cop I have ever come across.

Greg H.
08-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Greg were is the dealer in Olive Branch located that you have been going to? Do they have a good selection of riding gear? I went to Cycle Gear and got a pair of gloves but those guys up there aren't very friendly in my opinion so looking for some place else to try.

Oh yea and Oakland PD asked me to pull over this morning so he could check out the :spyder:was probably the nicest cop I have ever come across.

First of all: WHAT??!!!!!!!! :shocked: I was supposed to be the first pulled over by the Oakland PD so they could check out 'my Spyder'! :( Oh well! Very cool, nonetheless! Did you think they clocked you for going over the limit? I meant to warn you earlier. Don't speed in Oakland! :yikes: I told 3 co-workers that once. Within just a few months of that, all 3 had come out to our place, and every one of them got pulled over and ticketed for speeding! Seriously! They really frown on speeders! Maybe it's best, I didn't say anything to you this morning when you mentioned you were headed this way. It may have brought you bad luck! :)

The dealer, I went to is about 2 miles west of 78 on Goodman Rd. From here, it's about 44 miles. Suzuki / Yamaha are in the same building. And, just to the east, in the same big parking lot is the Honda dealer. We walked over to the Honda dealer after buying the helmets. It's the biggest Honda dealer, I have ever seen, too! They had 2 or 3 Honda Goldwing Trikes. And, about 12 or 15 Goldwings! Not to mention, they had one of those Valkyrie Rune's. That's a wild machine! And, of course, all the other Honda bikes, and several ATV's, and Waverunners, too.

The Suzuki / Yamaha dealer had a nice selection of gear. The Honda store had a lot, as well. I didn't see really amuch of a selection of bags, however.

I'm buying the BRP Can-Am Respirator Gloves, and probably one of the Caliber jackets pretty soon (from FRS).

zzneonzz
08-02-2008, 05:46 PM
First of all: WHAT??!!!!!!!! :shocked: I was supposed to be the first pulled over by the Oakland PD so they could check out 'my Spyder'! :( Oh well! Very cool, nonetheless! Did you think they clocked you for going over the limit? I meant to warn you earlier. Don't speed in Oakland! :yikes: I told 3 co-workers that once. Within just a few weeks of that, all 3 had come out to our place, and every one of them got pulled over and ticketed for speeding! Seriously! They really frown on speeders! Maybe it's best, I didn't say anything to you this morning when you mentioned you were headed this way. It may have brought you bad luck! :)

HAHA I knew he didn't clock me for speeding since I was only doing 60 in the 65 area when he started pulling up next to me. He then followed me all the way to the light just before the Autozone and rolled his window down and asked if I would pull over so he could check it out. I gladly complied and spet the next 30 minutes in the Autozone parking lot answer questions from him and others. :D I did tell him to get ready to be seeing them though.

Greg H.
08-02-2008, 05:52 PM
HAHA I knew he didn't clock me for speeding since I was only doing 60 in the 65 area when he started pulling up next to me. He then followed me all the way to the light just before the Autozone and rolled his window down and asked if I would pull over so he could check it out. I gladly complied and spet the next 30 minutes in the Autozone parking lot answer questions from him and others. :D I did tell him to get ready to be seeing them though.

Very Cool! Here is the link to the dealer in Olive Branch. Nick is the guy that assisted us. Really nice folks down there. :)

http://www.obmotorcycleatv.com/