PDA

View Full Version : Adding accdessories

craigclive
08-01-2008, 07:23 AM
I just took delivery on mt spyder yesterday and am planning to install a GPS and 2 way radio. I thought using open spaces on the fuse box would be the easiest wya to go. I cannot figure out how to remove the fuse box to get at the back of it. It appears that there are two clips to move, but they are too close to get a screwdriver in.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig

jnt
08-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey, Craig! welcome

Many of us have used Evolutione's Power Bus, which adds 6 switched circuits. Pretty easy install, too. Then you are ready for up to 4 more farkles.

NancysToy
08-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Hey, Craig! welcome

Many of us have used Evolutione's Power Bus, which adds 6 switched circuits. Pretty easy install, too. Then you are ready for up to 4 more farkles.
I took a different approach. Purchased an auxilliary fuse block from Advance Auto Parts, and installed that and a ground block and relay in front of the coolant tank. Ran a heavy hot wire from the battery to the relay, and tapped into the switched 12V accessory circuit to trigger it. Pretty much like the Evoluzione bus, except cheaper, and all available locally. Lamonster did much the same thing, it appears.
-Scotty