PDA

View Full Version : Looking for demo ride info from BRP

ChrisW
01-28-2014, 10:03 AM
And this is what I got...

Thankyou for contacting BRP.
In response to your request, you can check the event section of the website t: http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/events.html (http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/events.html)
I hope this information will help!
Thank you for your time.
Louis-David
BRP
I understand BRP sends out demo Canam Spyders for demos in severial locations,can you send me a list of the locations on the west cost please?
Thanks,
Chris

Thank you for your response.

You must be aware that our dealers are independent businesses, separate fromBRP; therefore they may have different stock or pricing information, differentlabor rate and they may apply different promotions to the units. They may alsohave demo or rentals or not at their location.

Unfortunately, BRP does not keep track of this information.

Louis-David
BRP

3 Wheel Addict
01-28-2014, 10:29 AM
I would think that if a dealer had some to sell he would be more than happy to give a demo ride, if you have your ducks in a row. I have seen people leave mad from my local dealer because he would not let them demo a unit but it was because they did not have a MC license at all.

ChrisW
01-28-2014, 10:35 AM
I have a MC Lic. as I ride a GW and I have an approved creditline thru BRP, just looking to test ride so I feel good about the bike first.Not one dealer wants to step-up to the plate as of yet...

Chupaca
01-28-2014, 10:42 AM
call around to the dealers in your area and see who has demos available. You may have to drive a bit but there are many. These roadster sell best once test driven risky as it is to the dealership. There are rental places as well but you have to do the leg work. Hopefully those in your neck of the woods can point you in the right direction....:thumbup:

Pirate looks at --
01-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Are you talking about a weekend ryde or just a 1/2 hour demo ryde to see how it fits? Dealers here in Ca offer rydes any time you want one. In fact there is a Guy that works out of Twin City Motor Sports in Roseville that still rents Spyders.

NancysToy
01-28-2014, 11:48 AM
Spyder dealers are required to have demo machines by BRP, to the best of my knowledge. Dealers that don't comply make BRP pretty unhappy. Please understand, however, that the 2014 machines are just starting to arrive, so dealers may not have a demo in stock as yet...or one of each model. Ask about taking a demo ride and see what they say. If they say plain "No," find another dealer and report them to BRP. If they say we'll have one in a month, you'll just have to be patient. Further down the road, look for the BRP demo trailer at selected events. I'm sure they will have it at Spyderfest in April, and at Durango in June.

Blue Star
01-28-2014, 12:27 PM
International Motorcycle Shows
Seattle, Washington

(Indoor Event)
Washington State Convention Center
800 Convention Place
Seattle, WA 98101
02/14/14
3:00 pm - 8:00 pm

02/15/14
10:00 am - 8:00 pm

A bit of a drive for you, but I would assume (you know what that means) that there would be demos at the motorcycle show.

Something to remember when calling dealers for demo rides is even if the dealer has a demo bike, it might not be a 2014, as my dealership's demo bike is a 2012.

If you don't want to drive that far, but are willing to drive about 210 miles to come out to San Jacinto CA. You can take my test bike for a spin. I have a 2014 RT SE6. Send me a PM if you want to make arrangements.

ChrisW
01-28-2014, 12:45 PM
International Motorcycle Shows
Seattle, Washington

(Indoor Event)

Washington State Convention Center
800 Convention Place
Seattle, WA 98101

02/14/14
3:00 pm - 8:00 pm

02/15/14
10:00 am - 8:00 pm

A bit of a drive for you, but I would assume (you know what that means) that there would be demos at the motorcycle show.

Something to remember when calling dealers for demo rides is even if the dealer has a demo bike, it might not be a 2014, as my dealership's demo bike is a 2012.

If you don't want to drive that far, but are willing to drive about 210 miles to come out to San Jacinto CA. You can take my test bike for a spin. I have a 2014 RT SE6. Send me a PM if you want to make arrangements.

PM sent

ARtraveler
01-28-2014, 02:39 PM
And this is what I got...

Thankyou for contacting BRP.
In response to your request, you can check the event section of the website t: http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/events.html (http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/events.html)
I hope this information will help!
Thank you for your time.
Louis-David
BRP
I understand BRP sends out demo Canam Spyders for demos in severial locations,can you send me a list of the locations on the west cost please?
Thanks,
Chris

Thank you for your response.

You must be aware that our dealers are independent businesses, separate fromBRP; therefore they may have different stock or pricing information, differentlabor rate and they may apply different promotions to the units. They may alsohave demo or rentals or not at their location.

Unfortunately, BRP does not keep track of this information.

Louis-David
BRP

I see you are back with your post about demos. We are just at the place where the 2014's are beginning to arrive at some dealerships. The best idea if you want to test ride within a couple weeks or so is to go to the auto show advertised in this thread. The other advice about calling the dealers in your area is good. There is a dealer list function on the BRP webpage. It is obvious you are having some difficulty with BRP computer generated messages. Go back to the site, and find dealers listed in your area. Give them a call, to find out if they have a 2014 demo available yet, and make an appointment. Do not trust the fact that a dealer shows item X in stock. Most are showing that they do. That is just a download from BRP showing the information about all the new 2014's. My dealer has the same information on his website and does not have a single one in stock.

I also note, that some very fine people have offered you a test ride and they are only a couple hundred miles away. A good offer indeed!

Also, the advice about demos is right on. Dealers are supposed to have a demo and allow rides to prospective customers. Since you have the required license, that should not be an issue in your case.

Hang in there. I can see you are very eager to get on board a 2014. From what we are reading, they should be worth the wait.

cuznjohn
01-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Spyder dealers are required to have demo machines by BRP, to the best of my knowledge. Dealers that don't comply make BRP pretty unhappy. Please understand, however, that the 2014 machines are just starting to arrive, so dealers may not have a demo in stock as yet...or one of each model. Ask about taking a demo ride and see what they say. If they say plain "No," find another dealer and report them to BRP. If they say we'll have one in a month, you'll just have to be patient. Further down the road, look for the BRP demo trailer at selected events. I'm sure they will have it at Spyderfest in April, and at Durango in June.

never had a demo bike but he did have a rental that cost me 210 dollars for the day, it was not a bad deal and i enjoyed having the bike for the day to get used it it, and all i had to do was show my license and watch a safty film about the bike for insurance coverage

StanProff
01-28-2014, 03:28 PM
My dealer does do demo rides but is very cautious about it. They have had two demo units wrecked by people that have a motorcycle license. One rode a harley and was adamant that they could ride anything. That demo was totaled when that person wrecked it. The other one, again was an "experienced" license driver, and with the owner riding with him (on the passenger seat) went through a ditch and hit a chain link fence in front of the dealer. Luckily minor injuries in that case. The first one was a little more serious with injuries. All I am saying is you just don't jump on a Spyder and master it in a 5 minute demo ride and I don't blame dealer for being cautious about it. A lot of people are way over confident when getting on a spyder for the first time.

ChrisW
01-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Ok, I think things may be coming together as I have beenoffered a test ride from “Blue Star” (see above post) on Feb. 7thand this will help a lot in moving forward in the possible purchase of one. Istill am having some issues with getting the Out The Door price. One dealer inCalifornia has the OTD price but can’t figure out how to sell to a person fromArizona State and I am still waiting for an Arizona dealer to give me the OTDprice.
Thanks to everyone for all of your good information... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

ARtraveler
01-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Ok, I think things may be coming together as I have beenoffered a test ride from “Blue Star” (see above post) on Feb. 7thand this will help a lot in moving forward in the possible purchase of one. Istill am having some issues with getting the Out The Door price. One dealer inCalifornia has the OTD price but can’t figure out how to sell to a person fromArizona State and I am still waiting for an Arizona dealer to give me the OTDprice.
Thanks to everyone for all of your good information... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Many variables go into the OTD price. Trade value, accessories purchased, will you finance? loan rate, watch out for dealer reserve. Bank says 5%, dealer tells you 7% you agree, bank gives dealer 2% bonus on handling the financing. Doing it yourself can avoid this situation. Even DOC fees and dealer assembly. These are all areas where the dealer can "play" with the final price. Be wary of anyone that will not tell you the price. From those dealers, I say, run, run, run. I would tell them, give me the price or I will walk. Once you have the price, then its time to negotiate to get what you feel will be fair. It can be as bad or worse as buying a new car.