PDA

View Full Version : TEST DROVE SE5 YESTERDAY

tatt2r
07-31-2008, 09:00 AM
brought my bike in for service and while i was there me and my better half took an se5 out for a test run .... the only thing i didnt like about it was that when i ordered my spyder it wasnt available ... ran great .... up shift was smooth ... i put it threw the works ... and except for no clutch it handled and performed as well if not better than my sm5 .... it was a little funky to get used to not having to let off gas or down shift .... but with in 15 minutes i loved it ... we went to hampton beach NH there was a bit of traffic ... and it was cool not to have to pull in clutch .... the shifting was so good from 2nd to 1st i had to look at dash to see if it down shifted ... 45 minutes later we were back at shop .... the owner said that he has one coming in at the end of august that someone ordered and backed out of so i bought it for the girlfriend ...
and i know as a matter of biker pride that we like the clutch ... but it is 2008 modern technology rules and the se5 is that .... was not disappointed in the least....

Greg H.
07-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Nice Report! And, congrats on getting another! What color for this Spyder? :congrats:

zzneonzz
07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
brought my bike in for service and while i was there me and my better half took an se5 out for a test run .... the only thing i didnt like about it was that when i ordered my spyder it wasnt available ... ran great .... up shift was smooth ... i put it threw the works ... and except for no clutch it handled and performed as well if not better than my sm5 .... it was a little funky to get used to not having to let off gas or down shift .... but with in 15 minutes i loved it ... we went to hampton beach NH there was a bit of traffic ... and it was cool not to have to pull in clutch .... the shifting was so good from 2nd to 1st i had to look at dash to see if it down shifted ... 45 minutes later we were back at shop .... the owner said that he has one coming in at the end of august that someone ordered and backed out of so i bought it for the girlfriend ...
and i know as a matter of biker pride that we like the clutch ... but it is 2008 modern technology rules and the se5 is that .... was not disappointed in the least....

:congrats: I love mine as well and have seen no problems other than user error :) Glad someone who has actually be riding has a good review of this machine. Since i had never ridden before i thought it was awsome and very easy to get used to riding.

tatt2r
07-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Nice Report! And, congrats on getting another! What color for this Spyder? :congrats:
another silver ...but i have plans for mine .... i'll post it over the winter when done ....

nudle
07-31-2008, 10:42 AM
:2thumbs: After reading some reports I almost changed my order to a sm5, but after reading your report I think I will stick with my oringal order a der se5.Thanks for the honest roport :2excited: it's hard waiting but I can Dream.

aubierules
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
i am not disappointed in the least.....having had 2 wheel , clutched bikes, all my life i find it much more enjoyable to not have to pull in the clutch.....but to each his/her own:2thumbs:

bjt
07-31-2008, 05:14 PM

Congrats to you and your girlfriend! End of August, still enough good weather to get the new Spyder through it's first service this year. :thumbup:

slather1
07-31-2008, 07:40 PM
I already have the SM5 and like it alot. The clutch and gears shift smoothly. My dealer has a demo SE5 that I drove. If they had been available I would have spent the extra money.

Big Arm
07-31-2008, 08:00 PM
What is the difference in price between the SM5 and the SE 5 ????

zzneonzz
07-31-2008, 08:24 PM
What is the difference in price between the SM5 and the SE 5 ????
$1500

pphantom538
07-31-2008, 08:35 PM
The wait for my SE5 is killing me. Enjoy yours and keep up the posts.

brooklyn z
07-31-2008, 08:57 PM
love n my se5. easy as hell to ride.
breaks starting to squeak, less than 100 miles logged.:yes: