PDA

View Full Version : I want to say, Congratulations to all of you new 2014 RT owners!!

Greg H.
01-26-2014, 09:04 AM
:)
As some of you know, I traded my 2011 RS-S in for a 2013 RT-S in Circuit Yellow Metallic last July. I've put 6,500 miles on it so far. But; yeah... as we all know (especially those of you that live further north of me), winter hasn't been too kind to us so far! Lol!

Anyway; I've heard great things about the 2014 model! And, I have mostly gotten over being crazy when I found out only 8 weeks after I bought my RT-S, that the 2014 model when have the 3 cylinder, etc,,,etc,,,etc,,,. :yikes: Yeah! I'm good! :) It gives me something to look forward to in 3 years or so when I'm ready to buy my 4th Spyder! :clap:

Option wise; here are a couple of items that I purchased that I will share with you that you might like, or maybe, already have.
I love the vented windshield, and the adjustable side deflectors. I consider these essential - at least for me. Oh! I'm 6'4". So; I got the 25" windshield. Perfect!
The Tri-Axial Adjustable Handlebar is nice. It adds some flexibility. Certainly, not as essential. But, nice. I also have the Akrapovic Sport Silencer. I like it. It's not as loud as the Hindle that I had on my first GS. I keep thinking about pulling the baffles out to see how it sounds that way. The dealer told me that the screws that hold the baffles on this model are not spot welded. But; I have not yet looked close enough to know.

I have the Comfort seat (2" more length). Roomy! :) I'm getting ready to order the Utopia Backrest with the Quick Out option, and I'm not sure with that installed if it will give my Wife
ample room. If not, I ran remove it when we ride together.
Anyone that already has the Comfort seat, and Utopia, please feel free to chime in here. Love to hear your thoughts.

I also just ordered new HJC Symax 3 helmets to replace our 5+ year old Symax 2s. I was going to order Sena BT communications. But, I discovered Sena is about to announce an all new model that doesn't release until April. I'm going to wait.
I have the Garmin Zumo 665 (w/XM). (Garmin SM-10 mounted in frunk) However, I cannot listen to the XM through the Spyder's external speakers. Some say it works for them. I give up on that, and the dealer cannot figure it out. That have no idea, even after talking with Garmin. So; I decided to go with speakers in the helmets. Yay!

Let's see.... A couple of other items that I purchased; trunk shelf, and MP3 holder. They do help keep it a bit more organized back there. I like to keep our rain gear, emergency tire repair kit below that shelf. Works nice!

Oh! There is one other item! I was at my buddy, Erick Del Toro's house, a few months back. You might know of Erick and his Wife, Leira. They are Spyder Lovers of the Highest Order! :)
Erick and I are discussing everything Spyder, and enjoying a chilled beverage, and I notice on his RT-S that it has a 'Cramp Buster' on the throttle. Now; I had seen these before. But, that was it; never thought more about it. I ask Erick how he liked it. He likes it a lot! He says, hang on a second,,, walks over to his work bench, and turns out, he has an extra one! He says; enjoy! :bowdown:
Folks; this is probably the best $10 you could ever spend to enhance your Spyder ride.

Everyone ryde safe!

Chupaca
01-26-2014, 11:19 AM
been using one for years. Have never been crazy about cruise control on a bike of any kind. I don't like anything other then myself in control of the throttle. When in the industry installed many of all kinds and always found folks had problems. If any The drag systems I would say are the ones you can still control with a little force...recomend the cramp buster...:thumbup:

DJFaninTN
01-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Greg,

I think we saw you last weekend riding west on Hwy 64. If you happen to see a new 13 RT Limited Pearl White with a couple of high vis riders on it, that would be me and the wife unit. If it isn't freezing cold then we are out riding most weekends. We just crack up laughing every time we go out and the crowds this bike seems to attract.

This morning we rode to breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Lakeland and then rode up to Brownsville and back home again. That wind was starting to really pick up the last hour of our ride.

Once Erick gets back I have a full day of upgrades for him to help me with. Cannot wait till I get the front end alignment.

If you ever venture down Feathers Chapel you'll have to stop by. Hope to see you out on the road soon!

BTW .. Motorcycle Dave has a killer price on the new Sena 20's. We are hoping they will be shipping sometime in late February. Might check with him if you are still in the market.

ARtraveler
01-26-2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks for posting all the good information. RE: crampbusters--I used them on the 2008 and 2009 and liked them a lot. Have not felt a need with the cruise control on the RT's.

Greg H.
01-26-2014, 03:35 PM
We live south of Hwy. 64 off Warren Rd. about 2 miles. Feathers Chapel Rd. is great! We are out that way often. Really close to us! We also cook on a BBQ team at the Somerville Moose Lodge competitions.
We rode to Midtown last Monday for a day out, & a nice lunch at Local.
Now that 385 is open, I go that way to work, quite often (Collierville). So; I'm on Hwy 64 a lot.
Today would have been a decent day to be out. But; I am recovering from a nasty cold, and decided it best to stay home. But; i am smoking a big a$$ Ham on my Smokey Mountain. :)
It's not a complete wasted day. Lol!

PM me when you get the time. Erick has mentioned to me, as well, about the alignment. We all need to get together.

Take care!

Greg,

I think we saw you last weekend riding west on Hwy 64. If you happen to see a new 13 RT Limited Pearl White with a couple of high vis riders on it, that would be me and the wife unit. If it isn't freezing cold then we are out riding most weekends. We just crack up laughing every time we go out and the crowds this bike seems to attract.

This morning we rode to breakfast at Cracker Barrel in Lakeland and then rode up to Brownsville and back home again. That wind was starting to really pick up the last hour of our ride.

Once Erick gets back I have a full day of upgrades for him to help me with. Cannot wait till I get the front end alignment.

If you ever venture down Feathers Chapel you'll have to stop by. Hope to see you out on the road soon!

BTW .. Motorcycle Dave has a killer price on the new Sena 20's. We are hoping they will be shipping sometime in late February. Might check with him if you are still in the market.

Greg H.
01-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Very welcome!

Thanks for posting all the good information. RE: crampbusters--I used them on the 2008 and 2009 and liked them a lot. Have not felt a need with the cruise control on the RT's.