PDA

View Full Version : Two questions..?

Chupaca
01-26-2014, 12:51 AM
1. When the Nanny applies the brakes do the brake lights come on..??
2. Can I get brp to pay for new brake pads if the Nanny wears them out..?? :roflblack:

jcthorne
01-26-2014, 08:48 AM
No

Good luck with that....

BikerDoc
01-26-2014, 08:58 AM
No. And brake pads are a wear item not warranty

grumpybob
01-26-2014, 09:35 AM
Call BRP on both questions and report back to us on what they tell you. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-26-2014, 09:42 AM
:shocked: "No" squared...

Chupaca
01-26-2014, 12:33 PM
had to ask...wife hates the nanny always asking why are you braking..?? Why does it sputter when you power out of a tight corner..?? It's the nature of the beast...ryding buddies ask "do you ever use the brakes when ryding the back roads hence question one...thanks :thumbup:

BajaRon
01-26-2014, 12:49 PM
had to ask...wife hates the nanny always asking why are you braking..?? Why does it sputter when you power out of a tight corner..?? It's the nature of the beast...ryding buddies ask "do you ever use the brakes when ryding the back roads hence question one...thanks :thumbup:

Does she have the stock sway bar?

cuznjohn
01-26-2014, 12:56 PM
i had the same question about the auto braking on my car when it is in cruise control. i wondered when a car cut in front of me or when i came up on a car going slower than me and my car hit the brakes did the brake lights come on. than one night when driving in the dark my car applied the brakes when i was in cruise control and sure enough i saw behind me in the mirror that the brake lights came on.

BajaRon
01-26-2014, 01:37 PM
i had the same question about the auto braking on my car when it is in cruise control. i wondered when a car cut in front of me or when i came up on a car going slower than me and my car hit the brakes did the brake lights come on. than one night when driving in the dark my car applied the brakes when i was in cruise control and sure enough i saw behind me in the mirror that the brake lights came on.

Everyone is saying 'NO' the brake lights don't come on when the Nanny applies them. And I don't know so I have to go with that. But it surprises me because that is a safety hazard. The Nanny can slow you down quite a bit in a hurry. You'd think BRP would want the guy behind you to know that...

Bob Denman
01-26-2014, 01:42 PM
:agree: :shocked: It seems odd that they wouldn't fire them up... :shocked:

We'll need somebody to take a buddy along as a trailer; noting brakelight appearances (If any!), when Nanny is aroused... :thumbup:

Chupaca
01-26-2014, 02:49 PM
Does she have the stock sway bar?

She rydes with me, as a passenger, and we do have the sway bar joints and relocators which have helped the handling a great deal. In doing so we approach perhaps little too fast. Still oh so much fun...!! :2thumbs:

Chupaca
01-26-2014, 02:54 PM
:agree: :shocked: It seems odd that they wouldn't fire them up... :shocked:

We'll need somebody to take a buddy along as a trailer; noting brakelight appearances (If any!), when Nanny is aroused... :thumbup:

When we feel it the most we are alone. Most of those we ryde with are not as wild and those that are are ahead or can't see....will have to work on this a bit...ooh more reasons to ryde...:yes:

DrewNJ
01-26-2014, 04:05 PM
I was able to get rid of that "sputter" when accelerating hard out of a tight corner by having a "dealer" zero out/reset the yaw rate sensor with the bike unloaded.....actually we slightly lifted the rear before the reset...but shhh!

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

DrewNJ
01-26-2014, 04:11 PM
There's another way to do it too, that we did on another Spyder that works just as well. But its one of those things where I don't want to get into the "safety discussion" or "warranty" discussions with those "take it to your dealer" members.

billybovine
01-26-2014, 04:11 PM
I was able to get rid of that "sputter" when accelerating hard out of a tight corner by having a "dealer" zero out/reset the yaw rate sensor with the bike unloaded.....actually we slightly lifted the rear before the reset...but shhh!

:agree: Next time you bring it in for service get the yaw sensor reset and have steering angle sensor checked as well.