PDA

View Full Version : Installations at Spyderfest

2Paw
01-26-2014, 12:30 AM
I am thinking about having some things installed at Spyderfest, Bajaron swaybar and links and a Spyderpops bumpskid. Do I need to make prior arangements with someone and an appointment to do this or is it just first come first served?

Chupaca
01-26-2014, 12:46 AM
never been but you could PM then and set something up or they will let you know the procedure...:thumbup:

Spacetrucker
01-26-2014, 01:32 AM
No first in first out just come and get it do at fest, that how most work it their, you will have their....party all night long.......

GloryRyders
01-26-2014, 05:43 AM
Most of the vendors just take you in order that you get to them. If you have Spyderpops do the Bump Skid and Sway Bar he will probably have at least three guys doing the work, so it should go pretty fast.:2thumbs: Besides, while you wait, you can walk around to the other vendors and see what else you want!:roflblack:

murphybrown
01-26-2014, 08:31 AM
I have done both...had set appointment with vendor (i.e. for Spyderfest 2014 I already have a set appoint with Reggy of TRICLEDS) plus I have done a pre order with Brenda Thompson of FLO fame.)..Then there is the truth in GloryRyders statement...as you visit different vendors booths (man is it going to be NICE for them as well as for us to be INSIDE) you will find many more 'I wants' . Now remember this will be my 4th Spyderfest so I have lots of experience flexing the plastic!!!! I have also sent messages to several vendors to get a list of what they will be installing at Spyderfest. OH YEA, Vendor Village is a must do at Spyderfest and already it is going to outshine anything we have seen before...:yikes::thumbup::yes:

Cruzr Joe
01-26-2014, 10:15 AM
I am thinking about having some things installed at Spyderfest, Bajaron swaybar and links and a Spyderpops bumpskid. Do I need to make prior arangements with someone and an appointment to do this or is it just first come first served?

PM spyderpops and he can set you up with both items

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

currin20fan
01-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Definitely send the vendors a message and let them know what you are looking for (if you know) I think that would help them out too with their inventory. Just saying......:chat:

Bob Denman
01-26-2014, 11:03 AM
:agree: Communication NEVER hurts :shocked:... and can often help! :D

Deanna777
01-26-2014, 07:16 PM
:agree: Communication NEVER hurts :shocked:... and can often help! :D:agree: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap: Deanna777

DJFaninTN
01-26-2014, 07:22 PM
would someone please kill this thread before my wife reads it and takes away my credit card for that trip:pray:

sealfloorboards
01-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Some customers contact me before SF and make sure they get the Floorboards or other new Seal Items they want. That helps me determine how many of what to bring. This is especially true with my new, lower, Floorboard Prices and new Seal Creative Concepts products. At SF, it's pretty much 1st come, 1st served unless you specifically request a time in advance.

Ride in comfort,
John
sealcreativeconcepts.com

spacetiger
01-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Some customers contact me before SF and make sure they get the Floorboards or other new Seal Items they want. That helps me determine how many of what to bring. This is especially true with my new, lower, Floorboard Prices and new Seal Creative Concepts products. At SF, it's pretty much 1st come, 1st served unless you specifically request a time in advance.

Ride in comfort,
John
sealcreativeconcepts.com

John,

I like your new line of products; clever thinking there. In particular, I like how you leveraged off the tow hitch to create a platform to carry addition "stuff".

What I like about it is that the extra weight is that it is added to the rear unsprung weight - that is, it isn't carried through the rear suspension if I understand your design. Since the weight is carried through the tow hitch and the tow hitch is mounted to the swing arm, then the weight coming from the tote rack goes directly on the tire and not through the rear shock. If you get your rear suspension set up right, the additional weight you carry will not upset it. Very clever, I am guessing you can carry at least the factory tongue load (40 lbs).

Now for a modification request to your design: add a small 90 degree bracket to the front of the tote rack so the owner can add a rotopax like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RotopaX-1-GALLON-FUEL-GAS-PACK-with-MOUNT-and-L-Bracket-/200350179578?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ea5cd20fa&vxp=mtr
I'm sure the change would be modest to the rack, but would allow the rider to safely carry 2 gals of gas (size it for at least that size container). You might have to move the rack back a tad so there is room for the gas container (it stores upright, so it only needs a few inches of depth). The gas can is safely stored out of the way and can be easily retrieved without unpacking. I cannot imagine anyone on this board who wouldn't want an extra 2 gal of fuel. Just stop at a rest stop, and pop in the 2 gal in a a few minutes.

Let me know when you have this option added to the design!

Jerry