PDA

View Full Version : SE5-First In Last Out

captainryder
07-31-2008, 07:06 AM
I know its been only 2 weeks since we've heard about SE5's being delivered. But the question to me, and perhaps some others is how does BRP decide where the first ones are sent to dealers vs. the first ones ordered by date?

:congrats: to all those receiving their SE5's. But when I know I've ordered earlier than some and find others that only have waited since May of this year, it adds to my frustration and anxiety. Here's where some of you probably say go chill and take a pill!

Some of these fulfilled orders are out of sequence because of cancelled certificates, others maybe because of distribution routes by BRP. BUT SERIOUSLY, I'VE PLACED A $1000.00 DEPOSIT DOWN. It's not like I just filled out a form and didn't put anything up in good faith. So where's the good faith with BRP in keeping some type of sequence of first ordered first in line. You've seen those lines at retail stores for XBox last year, people camp out in front of the store for 36-48 hours and their place in line meant something. It's no different.

P.S. I've written Syderteam.com twice about status of SE5, and about mine in particular over the last 2 months and they never return e-mail. Probably on their :cus: list. And are making a point to make sure mine is the last to arrive!

SpyderBrett
07-31-2008, 08:53 AM
I would speculate it is by delivery efficiency. Seems like they are cranking a LOT of them out right now - so I would bet they are confident that they will hit all of the 'deliver by' dates - so that gives them the flexibility to send out the SE5's to the dealerships that have larger orders. For example, if there are only 2 deposits down at your dealership, it is likely more cost efficent (shipping and inventory risk on paper) for them to send 6 to the dealership that I was at (they had deposits on at least 6 SE5's) and hit a dealership with a smaller order later.

Again, just speculating.

rockstar
07-31-2008, 09:43 AM
all of the se5s that have been shipped are from phase one dealerships.look at brps website it will show if your state is phase 1 or 2.the good news is that someone posted that theres will be in within 2 weeks from tx wich is a phase 2 dealership
i also ordered in tx so waiting for the call.

jeuchler
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
...when I know I've ordered earlier than some and find others that only have waited since May of this year, it adds to my frustration and anxiety. Here's where some of you probably say go chill and take a pill!

Some of these fulfilled orders are out of sequence because of cancelled certificates, others maybe because of distribution routes by BRP. BUT SERIOUSLY, I'VE PLACED A $1000.00 DEPOSIT DOWN. It's not like I just filled out a form and didn't put anything up in good faith. So where's the good faith with BRP in keeping some type of sequence...

All I can say is that I feel your pain.

If you read some of the old posts here from last winter, the same thing was happening with the very first production run.

My own frustration was that I waited almost exactly one year from the day I put down my deposit at the beginning of April of 2007, yet folks down south and out west and even in other countries were taking delivery much sooner. In my feeble mind it didn't seem to make sense as I live only a few hour drive from the plant where they are assembled! Closer = sooner?? :dontknow:

We also exhausted ourselves researching the "premiere edition" numbers logic, mine, for example, being 2929 out of a total of 2500! (Of course the total was kind of like when some dealers quote you a "bottom line" price. It turned out that 2500 was = to about 3586 or so...)

I will say the wait is worth it, and I will say this the folks on this forum helped get me prepared with a better knowledge of the vehicle than many dealers, as well as keep me (moderately) sane!

Hang in there, and maybe try to redirect your (justified) frustration energy to reading over the pre-delivery inspection checklist, the owners manual, and the threads on installing any mods you might be planning.

Good luck!

NancysToy
07-31-2008, 11:05 AM
When I was at the dealer yesterday, he said that even BRP seems to be confused. First BRP notified them that orders were running significantly ahead of schedule, and to expect August orders in July. Then they notified them that the August orders promised for July wouldn't be delivered until September. Next thing they knew a truckload of Spyders arrived at their door. All they can say with certainty is that they have recieved their red SE5 demo, and they are ahead by at least a month on order dates, with six or so Spyders waiting to be uncrated and prepped. Seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing at BRP. Be patient...and hopefully pleasantly surprised.
-Scotty

captainryder
07-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks to everyone, :2thumbs:

At first I thought maybe I was getting over sensitive about what I hear and read is going on.

I have a whole list of things I'm planning to change. I'm ordering a windshield from Calsci this afternoon. And being 6'2' tall, I know that the risers will be something that I will surely have to have. I'm just waiting on someone or NeonMagic to make sure that the riser is compatible with the electronic shifting box on the left handlebars. I won't have to worry about a clutch handle getting in the way of the windshield.

Got a Zumo550 already, and can't decide on com gear yet. But will use the Zumo features of MP3 and bluetooth, which is leaning me towards the Noland helmet system. My dealer says that the backrest and rear luggage rack as well as outdoor cover and tank bag are all received just waiting for the Spyder!

By the way, my dealer has been upfront, and has guaranteed me a price of 16999 with 499 setup. That's a sweet deal and I'm very proud of them for this.

So you see, I've been spending money in my waiting time. (It's costing plenty this anxiousness, probably more than a psychiatrist!) :)

92lt
07-31-2008, 02:44 PM
I agree. I placed my order in the beginning January. I'm in New York. Acording to bossweb, it looks like I'll get mine in the beginning of September hopefully. Why do people in Florida and California get theirs first even though I placed my order earlier? (Nothing against those people, of course. :congrats:)

SpyderDog65
07-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Im gonna get me an Roadster Red SE5 in Sept. Boy i cant wait. was gonna buy a 08 Harley Fatboy but after reading all the posts on the :spyder: i have now changed my mind, The Safety features is what sold me on it,plus im partially disabled back and shoulder injury.so i like not having to hold up a big bike and the :spyder: has all the safety features i would want as standard.:2thumbs:. Iam in Rancho Cordova Ca. I cant wait to find other Spyder riders to go on rides with,it sounds like such a blast.Stay Safe out there and watch out for the other fella:yes:

Trypod
07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
So you see, I've been spending money in my waiting time. (It's costing plenty this anxiousness, probably more than a psychiatrist!) :)

Just consider the money you're spending now as a deposit on your therapist :D , as all you'll need to make your day better after your :spyder: arrives is to mount up and ryde. :2thumbs:

bjt
07-31-2008, 06:08 PM
All I can say is that I feel your pain.

If you read some of the old posts here from last winter, the same thing was happening with the very first production run.

Ahh yes.... I remember those days well. :) Sounds like the SE5 purchasers are getting the same treatment that us Premier Edition owners got while waiting on our Spyders. More than a few people had to try and 'chill out' :chill: while trying to make sense of BRP's shipping schedule and numbering scheme.

pphantom538
07-31-2008, 08:37 PM
I empathized with the premier buyers who had to wait and now It's my turn - SE5 in NJ

Big Arm
07-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Ahh yes.... I remember those days well. :) Sounds like the SE5 purchasers are getting the same treatment that us Premier Edition owners got while waiting on our Spyders. More than a few people had to try and 'chill out' :chill: while trying to make sense of BRP's shipping schedule and numbering scheme.

:agree::banghead: