PDA

View Full Version : Piaggio MP3 500, an alternative?

axhead
07-30-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm a "Spyder Spouse". However, after several rides on my wife's Spyder, I chose a different route. I purchased a Piaggio MP3 500 scooter. See www.piaggiousa.com (http://www.piaggiousa.com) if you aren't familiar with it. Although, also a 3-wheeler, the approach is entirely different. Two front wheels are articulated so that it leans like a conventional cycle or scooter. Before discounting this bike (available in 250cc, 400cc, and 500cc), take a test ride. Handling is excellent, performance is good with plenty of power for interstate travel, and Piaggio has been building scooters forever. Thus far, I've experienced an average of 55mpg. Build quality is excellent.
I ride with a group that is mostly 1000cc or up, and have had no problems keeping up with the group, mountains or highway.
Like the Spyder, it has no shield - Marcel is custom fabricating one for me to solve that issue.
Like most European scooters, the seat is terrible. I plan on having the seat modified this Fall by either Russell or Bill Mayer Saddles to solve that.
All in all, I love the bike. It cost $6600 less than the Spyder, outhandles my 750 Yamaha Virago, and draws almost as big a crowd as the Spyder.
I realize this is a Can Am Forum, but having seen several, less than complimentary comments on this and another Forum about the MP3, I thought it might be beneficial for Y'all to hear from a rider with 35+ years of riding experience who owns one.

Wayne Hall
Whitesburg, TN

NancysToy
07-31-2008, 07:19 AM
I'm a "Spyder Spouse". However, after several rides on my wife's Spyder, I chose a different route. I purchased a Piaggio MP3 500 scooter. See www.piaggiousa.com (http://www.piaggiousa.com) if you aren't familiar with it. Although, also a 3-wheeler, the approach is entirely different. Two front wheels are articulated so that it leans like a conventional cycle or scooter. Before discounting this bike (available in 250cc, 400cc, and 500cc), take a test ride. Handling is excellent, performance is good with plenty of power for interstate travel, and Piaggio has been building scooters forever. Thus far, I've experienced an average of 55mpg. Build quality is excellent.
I ride with a group that is mostly 1000cc or up, and have had no problems keeping up with the group, mountains or highway.
Like the Spyder, it has no shield - Marcel is custom fabricating one for me to solve that issue.
Like most European scooters, the seat is terrible. I plan on having the seat modified this Fall by either Russell or Bill Mayer Saddles to solve that.
All in all, I love the bike. It cost $6600 less than the Spyder, outhandles my 750 Yamaha Virago, and draws almost as big a crowd as the Spyder.
I realize this is a Can Am Forum, but having seen several, less than complimentary comments on this and another Forum about the MP3, I thought it might be beneficial for Y'all to hear from a rider with 35+ years of riding experience who owns one.

Wayne Hall
Whitesburg, TN
Saw a Piaggio MP3 500 at the Portland, IN scooter meet a couple of weeks back. It had Illinois plates. It also had a large, flared windshield. Someone is already making them. No way to see over the darned thing, however...too tall.
-Scotty

LaughingHeart
07-31-2008, 08:37 AM
I tried the Piaggio too and was impressed. I liked that it leaned in turns. However, being vertically challenged, the Spyder works better for me.

axhead
07-31-2008, 10:08 AM
GIVI makes one but I wasn't impressed with it. It's fairly large so that may be what you saw. Piaggio makes a factory shield, but its got lots of mounting hardware and doesn't really provide full protection in rain. It's also pretty short, and I think you'd get some helmet buffeting with it.

NancysToy
07-31-2008, 11:07 AM
I tried the Piaggio too and was impressed. I liked that it leaned in turns. However, being vertically challenged, the Spyder works better for me.
Same with my wife, that's why she chose the Spyder.

Semi
08-02-2008, 02:16 PM
You can not compare that peace of s*** with a spyder!

Greg H.
08-02-2008, 02:39 PM

:shocked:

pphantom538
08-02-2008, 03:03 PM
I disagree, you can compare them, just not fair to the MP3 to put it up against the spyder!

IdleUp
08-02-2008, 03:37 PM

Well it's clear you don't know anything about the Mp3's - Next to the Spyder they are one of the most safest bikes on the road. The dual tire suspension is a one of a kind and don't be surprised if you see more bikes with this set-up. I owned the MP 250, when they came out.

It's a great bike for touring, quiet - quick, and cheap to buy and operate.

AnthonyG
08-02-2008, 04:42 PM
Semi instead of posting a derogatory statement that is of little or likely no use why don't you try to articulate a statement that would illustrate your disagreements with the MP3's. I find your lack of tact to be less than useful on this forum and would appreciate it if you could be both respectful and informative. Thanks in advance.

Marcel July
08-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Hi and Hello to all.
Slowly but surely, it just is not funny anymore
what I read here.:mad::mad::mad:
I do believer, that it does NOT matter, what bike
someone drives.
:clap: Drive what suits you best.:clap:
I thing that's a shame, that there are still in 2008
people use a forum for nasty words and low end comments or just onside statements in there post.
I really don't judge anybody no matter what there drive
and what there wear.
I love to ride and meet people from all Groups and Ages.
Just let us have some fun on the road.
See, I rather ride with a group of people with
different models and brands than a "mono" cultured
group. Just for the fun of it.
Sorry, but those attacks just go to far (at least for me).
That's it for me.
Marcel

jeuchler
08-02-2008, 05:27 PM

Not a cool first post for you, friend, IMHO...

retread
08-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Was looking at MP3/500, decent ride, interesting front suspension. DON'T forget to lock it when you come to a stop! Couldn't find enough storage, and less than 4 gal. tank. I think I like my Spyder better. (Could be I'm biased.)

IdleUp
08-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Was looking at MP3/500, decent ride, interesting front suspension. DON'T forget to lock it when you come to a stop! Couldn't find enough storage, and less than 4 gal. tank. I think I like my Spyder better. (Could be I'm biased.)

Well your right it's not a Spyder in any form but then again I paid around 6K for my MP3 250. You only use the lock when your getting off the bike so you don't need a stand - some guys use the Suspension lock at a long traffic light, it will unlock when you increase the throttle or hit around 5 mph. You can store a full face helmet in the trunk and there's plenty of storage under the seat for a few other items. Regarding the tank I was getting around 200 miles on a tank. For the rider who still like to have the feel of a bike with leaning and the security of two wheels up front, the Piaggio MP3's are a great alternative.

By the way here's some great reading for those interested:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/2008-piaggio-mp3-500-ie-review-84851.html

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic7574.html

Bimjo
08-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Hi and Hello to all.
Slowly but surely, it just is not funny anymore
what I read here.:mad::mad::mad:
I do believer, that it does NOT matter, what bike
someone drives.
:clap: Drive what suits you best.:clap:
I thing that's a shame, that there are still in 2008
people use a forum for nasty words and low end comments or just onside statements in there post.
I really don't judge anybody no matter what there drive
and what there wear.
I love to ride and meet people from all Groups and Ages.
Just let us have some fun on the road.
See, I rather ride with a group of people with
different models and brands than a "mono" cultured
group. Just for the fun of it.
Sorry, but those attacks just go to far (at least for me).
That's it for me.
Marcel

Well spoken Marcel. :agree:

axhead
08-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Actually, I can and Did. My wife has owned a Spyder for 3 months so I had time for a fairly in depth analysis. I also researched the bike via internet both on European and USA sites.
Comparison:
Spyder / MP3 500
Cost $15,499 / $8899
MPG 35 / 55
Performance outstanding / good even on Interstate
Handling very good / very good
Stock seat very good / horrible
Brakes good - squeal / good - no squeal
Fit & Finish good / very good
Met my needs NO / Yes
First service $280 / $160

To use the derogatory remark that was used to describe this product show a lack of knowledge of Piaggio/Vespa quality and performance. From a cost/benefit standpoint the Piaggio won, hands down, for ME. I continue to be impressed with its performance and handling and its consistent 55 mpg. My dealer (Destination Cycles in Knoxville) is exceptional - courteous, friendly and committed to customer service - just the opposite of what I experienced with the Knoxville Can AM dealer.

So, ride what you will, but don't condemn another's ride unless you can back it up with facts and figures, and personal riding experience.

Greg H.
08-03-2008, 08:59 AM
I find this thread interesting in a few ways. One thing that is cool is the fact that the starter of the post now has both a Spyder, and a MP3 500. Nice balance. :)

However; comparing an MP3 500 to the Spyder is much like comparing a Corvette to a Lamborghini Murcielago. While in some ways they do the same things, in other ways, the comparison is unfair. You can also use the Mazda Miata to Honda S2000 for a comparo, if you wish.

The MP3 500 is Economy. The Spyder is an Exotic. Something else that comes to mind here is the fact that the Spyder is an ultra-stable platform. The MP3 500 isn't. Again; I'm not knocking the MP3 500. With the exception of both the MP3 500 and the Spyder having 3 wheels, they really do not share much.

At this time, there is no other vehicle on the market that should be compared to a Can-Am Spyder. Nothing exists. The Honda Goldwing Trike while has to be a touring dynamo. But, it doesn't handle very well. The T-Rex is $50,000! Needless to say, the T-Rex is Exotic! :) But, practical? Not to my bank account!

Derwin
08-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Ah, heck, I may as well jump in on this!

I have been looking at the CanAm Spyder and the Piaggio MP3 for some time now. As you all know, I decided upon the Spyder. They are BOTH great products, in quality as well as just plain fun. I think they are in different catagories, though. I would feel VERY comfortable riding the Spyder cross-country on a major road trip. But I don't know if I would feel the same way about the Piaggio, altough I think the Piaggio is more than capable of doing it. As with MOST things, this is a personal taste type of choice.

It is a well-known fact that the Piaggio MP3 is considered the very Best when it comes to scooters. And that is what the MP3 is....a 500cc scooter (also 250 and 400cc!). I don't understand how people can say that you can't compare the MP3 with the Spyder....of course you can! I have been doing it for the past year. But each person makes the comparison based on PERSONAL preferences and needs. There are a heck of a lot of people that simply prefer the Piaggio MP3 over the Spyder. Many compared both products, and decided the MP3 meets their needs and desires better. Others, obviously, have come to the conclusion that the Spyder meets their needs best, me included. Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it! :D

Marcel.....Good words that we all should remember. Thanks!

Derwin

Semi
08-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry guys for that bad words but my girlfriend died because of a sunspension failure on one of the first MP3's :(. Now i have a spyder and up to now it is a great vehicle and absolutly not compareable with the piaggio.
I agree with some of you It seams to be a great technology but personaly i hate that vehicle!!!

Sorry again!

Bimjo
08-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Sorry for your loss Semi. :pray:

Derwin
08-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Semi.... Sorry to hear about your loss. I've also lost a close friend due to an accident they say was caused by a vehicle failure. Not a bike, but a car. I would hate to see something like that happen with somebody riding a Spyder, but these are machines made by human-beings which are fallible.

I still buy products made by the "big 3" automakers, even though there have been a "zillion" recalls that have caused many deaths. It would be the same way with BRP and Piaggio. As a matter of fact, BRP has legal action against them as we speak due to the death of a girl that was riding one of their skeedoo's. The complainant states that there was a flaw in the Skeedo that caused her death. They claim there was a design flaw in the unit made by BRP. You can actually watch the proceedings on CourtTV. It's been going on for the last week or so now.

I'm sure many people buy BRP products, including the Spyder, even though they have pending lawsuits against them, including this product negligence lawsuit. It doesn't mean that BRP products are all garbage, including the Spyder. It most likely means that there was something wrong with THAT PARTICULAR unit.

But I feel with you, man. I might just feel the same way if I were in your shoes.

Derwin

Ray R
08-03-2008, 11:17 PM
because of a sunspension failure on one of the first MP3's
Sorry about your loss. That had to be terrible.

I don't mean to open old wounds. But can you describe in more detail what happened with the suspension? I'm seriously considering a MP3, and would like more info about any potential failures.

Is her case documented anywhere?

DrKnowItAll
08-04-2008, 07:17 AM
My brother in law owns a MP3 500. I've had the pleasure of riding it several times. When he first bought it, we thought it was simply a 3 wheeled automatic motorcycle... Neither of us were impressed. I decided to put deposit down on SE5 Spyder after initially reacting to Piaggio.. He kept it, kept riding it, and it kept growing on him. I kept riding it more as well and it has grown on me too. I think it's a great piece of machinery. It handles well, the gas mileage is phenomenal and the service quality from Piaggio has been stellar. The 500 can get up to around 90 mph which is plenty speed for most. I've considered several times forfeiting my deposit and getting one. The wait for the SE5 plays brutal tricks on your psychology. But since so many have started to recieve theirs, I anticipate mine will arrive sooner than later. I know this is a Spyder site but we're all reasonable people here. I think the Piaggio is a great trike and I give it positive reviews in every aspect. The gas mileage is by far the best incentive to owning one of these.

Greg H.
08-04-2008, 08:46 AM
It is a well-known fact that the Piaggio MP3 is considered the very Best when it comes to scooters. And that is what the MP3 is....a 500cc scooter (also 250 and 400cc!).
Derwin

You just said it! The MP3 500 is a Scooter. That's about as removed as you can get from a Spyder. :shocked:

Putt-Putt
08-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Well I've never ridden a MP3. But I do like the gas mileage, and if it is made by Vespa it should be good. I have ridden Vespa's and they are as good as it gets for scooters.

Derwin
08-04-2008, 09:40 AM
You just said it! The MP3 500 is a Scooter. That's about as removed as you can get from a Spyder. :shocked:

Well, how is a "scooter" different than a "motorcycle"....or any other 2 or 3 wheeled vehicle that gets a person around? The MP3 has a 500cc engine....pretty good if you ask me. A lot of small motorcycles don't have that! The only visable difference that I can see is that a "scooter" has a small platform to put your feet on. Other than that, it's a motor vehicle like any other. The Piaggio MP3 is a great vehicle, no matter what you want to call it. It's far better than a whole lot of vehicles that people call "motorcycles", but just because it has a platform to put your feet on, are we supposed to think less of it? Sounds silly to me.

Like I said in a previous post.... The "BEST" vehicle (Spyder vs. Piaggio) is defined by ONLY the INDIVIDUAL who is looking (although you CAN independently look at various aspects of a vehicle to see the quality and specs, of course!) If a person has absolutely no need for a Spyder, does not like it, and has absolutely no use for it or intention on buying it, then its obviously not the "best" vehicle for THEM and for what they intend on using it for. I, personally, like BOTH vehicles, no matter what you want to call them. The Spyder fits my needs the best, though, and that's what I ordered.

I just agree with marcel in that it does not matter WHAT a person rides, as long as THEY like it and enjoy it.

Derwin

Greg H.
08-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Well, how is a "scooter" different than a "motorcycle"....or any other 2 or 3 wheeled vehicle that gets a person around? The MP3 has a 500cc engine....pretty good if you ask me. A lot of small motorcycles don't have that! The only visable difference that I can see is that a "scooter" has a small platform to put your feet on. Other than that, it's a motor vehicle like any other. The Piaggio MP3 is a great vehicle, no matter what you want to call it. It's far better than a whole lot of vehicles that people call "motorcycles", but just because it has a platform to put your feet on, are we supposed to think less of it? Sounds silly to me.

Like I said in a previous post.... The "BEST" vehicle (Spyder vs. Piaggio) is defined by ONLY the INDIVIDUAL who is looking (although you CAN independently look at various aspects of a vehicle to see the quality and specs, of course!) If a person has absolutely no need for a Spyder, does not like it, and has absolutely no use for it or intention on buying it, then its obviously not the "best" vehicle for THEM and for what they intend on using it for. I, personally, like BOTH vehicles, no matter what you want to call them. The Spyder fits my needs the best, though, and that's what I ordered.

I just agree with marcel in that it does not matter WHAT a person rides, as long as THEY like it and enjoy it.

Derwin

Again; I'm not knocking the MP3 500. I think they are very cool! I completely agree, too, that whatever makes a person happy is what counts. That's really all that matters. :D

Corvettes are Awesome (wish I could afford one)! And, Certainly; so is the Murcielago! :thumbup: They both do the job very well. They're just different animals. And, this is how I choose to compare the two aforementioned vehicles.

For sure; the fact that it has a 500cc engine qualifies it more as a 'motorcycle' doesn't it? Half the size of the Spyder engine, but hearty! :)

And, I don't even like calling the Spyder a motorcycle. To me, it's a Roadster. It's unique! It's different! Funny thing is, my wife said she will probably always call it a bike! :( Ha! Oh well. :)

Derwin
08-04-2008, 10:14 AM
And, I don't even like calling the Spyder a motorcycle. To me, it's a Roadster. It's unique! It's different! Funny thing is, my wife said she will probably always call it a bike! :( Ha! Oh well. :)

Yep! It IS unique! I think that's why so many people absolutely LOVE the Spyder. It's also why I ordered one. :2thumbs: But PAYING for it is a whole other matter. :D Still nobody interested in a nice VogueOne vehicle? It has 3 wheels...and it TILTS! It also gets around 80 miles per gallon. Very cool thing to bounce around town in. Go see it at www.FlyTheRoadNow.com (http://www.FlyTheRoadNow.com)

Derwin

I think you can tell I am REALLY pushing this thing. I want my Spyder, and need to scratch-up some scratch!

mrfilovirus
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Derwin - shouldn't your spyder be sitting at the dealership already?

Derwin
08-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Derwin - shouldn't your spyder be sitting at the dealership already?

Well, I told Brett (dealership manager) to contact me when it arrives, but he still has not contacted me. So I really don't know where my Spyder is at this point in time. It's probably for the good anyway since I don't have all of the cash to pay for it. By the way, mrfilovirus..... Are you interested in getting the VogueOne as a nice little "toy"? I'd be glad to send you one. I know.... I'm shameless. :(

Derwin

GoodHouse
08-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Derwin - Do you have a regular job besides selling the vogueone's? My question is because it seems like when you talk about finances your only source of money can come from the vogue's. If you are having a tough time selling them, i would try walking up to some mom/pop stores and asking if you can put one out in the front of their store property on a main road and give them a piece of the pie for commission. Or try and go to a local bank / festival / charity / radio station and since these vogues are unique offer to sell one to the establishment so they can auction them off or give one away. Maybe offer to give one away to a radio station so they can give one away in a contest on the radio therefore you can get your website out there with free plugs. You need exposure to sell those things. They are neat looking and inexpensive but i would never buy one through the internet. I dont know anyone who would.

Derwin
08-04-2008, 07:10 PM
They are neat looking and inexpensive but i would never buy one through the internet. I dont know anyone who would.

That's pretty strange. Literally BILLIONS of dollars in commerce takes place over the internet on a daily basis. There are tons of protections in place to help the consumer and the seller. Back in the 1990's it was risky, but not really in todays world. I have sold MANY of these over the internet, and I know a whole lot of people/companies that have sold scooters, motorcycles, and most every type of product over the internet. It's a great place to market items. But you are not alone in your "fear" of the internet. MANY people feel the same way as you.

As to your question...I make money by marketing various products.

Thanks for your suggestions on marketing the VogueOne. I have a good marketing plan that will be coming into affect next month, but I don't think it will kick-in in time to get the Spyder I have on order. This is why I was mentioning it on this thread.

If you think the vehicle is cool, and you are interested in it, feel free to give me a call. You can even come over to our warehouse in Rockdale, Illinois to check one out in person.

Derwin

GoodHouse
08-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Derwin

I never mentioned anything about purchasing the vogue would be risky, i just said i wouldnt do it. That vogue is a product that is not mainstream. Its rare and the general public does not know about its reliability, looks, safety, feel of driving etc. Its not like buying a used honda civic on ebay. And its too expensive to take a chance on like buying gorilla hooks from as seen on tv. So purchasing off the internet site unseen or tested will never work unless somehow nationally it picks up major recognition. Its a vehicle which is never a simple purchase. Most practical people will not dump 2500 on a vehicle not seen or tested and most will not go to ILL to check them out. Its just not practical IMHO. If i saw one locally here in CT i would definitely check them out because 2500 is cheap for a cool toy like that. Good luck

My point is even approaching a local powersport dealership would be a good idea for marketing your machine.

Derwin
08-04-2008, 08:17 PM
So purchasing off the internet site unseen or tested will never work unless somehow nationally it picks up major recognition. Its a vehicle which is never a simple purchase. Most practical people will not dump 2500 on a vehicle not seen or tested and most will not go to ILL to check them out..

Well, I guess I respectfully dissagree with your opinion. I have witnessed far too many products of even higher cost and less recognition sell over the internet "sight unseen" by people from across the country, and, in fact, from other parts of the world. I have been in marketing for over 20 years, and have seen most everything. But I do appreciate your suggestions, and I respect your opinion. :thumbup:

Derwin

bjt
08-05-2008, 01:06 PM

Derwin

To me, the difference between a scooter and a motorcycle is the transmission. Most scooters I know of have an automatic transmission of some type. There is no gear shifting done by the rider at all. Most motorcycles have a manual shift transmission. Those that don't have a fully manual shift, like the SE5, may require rider shifting at some point and allow for that.

Derwin
08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
To me, the difference between a scooter and a motorcycle is the transmission. Most scooters I know of have an automatic transmission of some type. There is no gear shifting done by the rider at all. Most motorcycles have a manual shift transmission. Those that don't have a fully manual shift, like the SE5, may require rider shifting at some point and allow for that.

But to my point..... What is the difference that should cause one person to think themselves better than another simply because one is riding a machine that has an automatic transmission (scooter and some motorcycles), and the other is riding a machine with a manual transmission (most motorcycles)? I'm sure a whole lot of motorcycle riders also drive a car of some kind that has an automatic transmission. Should people feel "superior" because they own a car that they have to shift themselves? Ridiculous, right? I feel the same way about this discussion of motorcycles vs. scooters....It's just pretty childish if you ask me. Personally, I love shifting gears in a car or truck, but I don't feel "superior" for doing it! :)

Derwin

GoodHouse
08-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Ive been very interested in the Mp3 500 for some time now. Its what i was originally looking into and then stumbled upon the spyder. Well today for the first time i saw an mp3 400 in person in traffic next to me. I thought it looked great, and it definitely had pep it was beating all the cars from the line light to light. I'm glad i finally saw one. Because now i definitely know i made the correct choice in the spyder. Theres no doubt as for as commuting is concerned the mp3 is the most practical choice. Due to the price, mpg, etc its a very practical buy thats safe and fun. But I am not buying a motorcycle/scooter for the practical purpose but for a fun purpose. And the spyder is just that, fun! Its got the power, looks, and fun factor i am looking for. If you sat and mp3 and a spyder next to each other, i bet most would want to jump on the spyder first... thats how i feel about it. I cant wait much longer for my se5!

axhead
08-05-2008, 09:00 PM
Ive been very interested in the Mp3 500 for some time now. Its what i was originally looking into and then stumbled upon the spyder. Well today for the first time i saw an mp3 400 in person in traffic next to me. I thought it looked great, and it definitely had pep it was beating all the cars from the line light to light. I'm glad i finally saw one. Because now i definitely know i made the correct choice in the spyder. Theres no doubt as for as commuting is concerned the mp3 is the most practical choice. Due to the price, mpg, etc its a very practical buy thats safe and fun. But I am not buying a motorcycle/scooter for the practical purpose but for a fun purpose. And the spyder is just that, fun! Its got the power, looks, and fun factor i am looking for. If you sat and mp3 and a spyder next to each other, i bet most would want to jump on the spyder first... thats how i feel about it. I cant wait much longer for my se5!
You couldn't be more correct about the "wow" factor. My wife and I have had the Spyder and the MP3 both at several rallies, local events, shows. The reaction is always the same - "wow, awesome, etc. on the Spyder", and "OH, it has 3 wheels too" on the MP3 500". So if you looking for unique looks, attention, etc get the Spyder. It just wasn't for me.
Wayne

Derwin
08-05-2008, 09:29 PM
If you sat and mp3 and a spyder next to each other, i bet most would want to jump on the spyder first... thats how i feel about it. I cant wait much longer for my se5!

Absolutely! What clinched it for me was when I actually test drove it in Wilmington, Illinois. The "wow" factor is with both vehicles, but the Spyder DOES win hands down on that. Also, I feel that the Spyder is just so much more stable and much more safe to ride than ANY 2 wheeled (or 3 wheeled tilting) vehicle.

Very good post. You summed up my feelings exactly!

Derwin