PDA

View Full Version : Harley No More - Was bitten by a bunch o' SPYDERS

SGS RYD
01-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Hi folks~
I "was" a long time HARLEY rider until this past weekend. Several Spyder riders came to my home to have "Spyderpops" do his magic to their bikes. My husband owns a Spyder, though I've never ridden it. Anyhoo, after meeting a really fun group of folks and hearing about all their wonderful riding adventures I was encourage to "try one out." So, I sweet talked the hubby into letting me take his out for a spin while he was at work this past Tuesday. It was a VERY WINDY:yikes: day, but OMG beautiful. He has a 2013 RT. WOW, What a rush! After getting rid of my "phantom left foot clutch" issue, I managed to head out to some twisty country roads and a highway. I had a Huge Grin upon my return and just knew I had to have one these bad boys! :ohyea: So, I found a matching 2013 QUANTUM BLUE one in town for a steal and jumped on it. Traded in my '08 H-D Softail Heritage Wednesday afternoon. I take delivery of MY new Ride tomorrow at 11 a.m :yes:

Hubby and I look forward to many miles riding together as well as meeting and making new friends in the Spyder community!

Bob Denman
01-24-2014, 01:28 PM
:congrats: :welcome: :nopic: :2thumbs:

fispyder
01-24-2014, 01:30 PM
:welcome: :congrats: On your new :spyder:Been on mine since 2010. Enjoyed every minute of it.

d.o.spyder-rts
01-24-2014, 01:34 PM
:congrats:on your spyder purchase and:welcome:to the spyder web. Dale

Cruzr Joe
01-24-2014, 01:51 PM
Welcome to the more smiles per mile club

Cruzr Joe

jcthorne
01-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Just amazing what happens when you have a bunch of Spyder owners over for an alignment party. She really is stoked. Did all the dickering and futzing around with the dealer herself and got a damn good deal on a new RT-S.

Course now that Louise is here, no more talking about all the farkles I never bought.....

Congrats dear. Gonna be fun.

Benggolf
01-24-2014, 02:09 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the club!!!! :thumbup:
You will be wearing that proverbial grin for many, many miles.
I love riding the Can Am because it just gives you more relaxing opportunities to enjoy the scenery and enjoy the
company of great Can Am owners.

ARtraveler
01-24-2014, 02:21 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde and your first post on SL. :thumbup:

cuznjohn
01-24-2014, 02:21 PM
congrats and welcome to the club

rick_w
01-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi folks~
I "was" a long time HARLEY rider until this past weekend. Several Spyder riders came to my home to have "Spyderpops" do his magic to their bikes. My husband owns a Spyder, though I've never ridden it. Anyhoo, after meeting a really fun group of folks and hearing about all their wonderful riding adventures I was encourage to "try one out." So, I sweet talked the hubby into letting me take his out for a spin while he was at work this past Tuesday. It was a VERY WINDY:yikes: day, but OMG beautiful. He has a 2013 RT. WOW, What a rush! After getting rid of my "phantom left foot clutch" issue, I managed to head out to some twisty country roads and a highway. I had a Huge Grin upon my return and just knew I had to have one these bad boys! :ohyea: So, I found a matching 2013 QUANTUM BLUE one in town for a steal and jumped on it. Traded in my '08 H-D Softail Heritage Wednesday afternoon. I take delivery of MY new Ride tomorrow at 11 a.m :yes:

Hubby and I look forward to many miles riding together as well as meeting and making new friends in the Spyder community!

Congratulations and welcome to the Blue RT Club.

Dan McNally
01-24-2014, 02:42 PM
:congrats: and welcome to the family!

Purple Guy
01-24-2014, 02:49 PM
:welcome:and :congrats:on coming over to the Three Wheels Side! :thumbup:

03hdjill
01-24-2014, 04:08 PM
Hi folks~

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome... I understand completely. I bought a 2013 ST Limited last Memorial Day week and sold my "old friend" (2003 Harley FLHTI that I had bought new) a few months later. My husband then got bit...bought him a 2012 RT S and sold his FLHRCI.

Have fun!

Chupaca
01-24-2014, 04:15 PM
those test rydes will do you in..congrats on the new ryde your going to love it more with every ryde. Enjoy..!! :ohyea::ohyea:

TexAmRider
01-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi folks~

You are gonna love it. I still have my 2 wheeler, but enjoy the Spyder so much more. Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy !!:clap:

Deanna777
01-24-2014, 05:02 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: on your new :spyder:. We need a pic. Deanna777

SGS RYD
01-24-2014, 05:18 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: on your new :spyder:. We need a pic. Deanna777

I take delivery tomorrow. Will post a pic asap.

OJ UK
01-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Welcome aboard SGS RYD!! The fun starts here!! :yes::yes: :clap:

Mt-man
01-24-2014, 06:45 PM
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Scorpin
01-24-2014, 06:56 PM
:yes:Have Fun!

samewok
01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Congrats and enjoy.

PW2013STL
01-24-2014, 07:15 PM
I know what you mean. My wife got her Spyder last March, and I sold my Harley in Aug. to purchase the 14 limited that I have on order.

Welcome to Spyder Land:ohyea:

Cavman
01-25-2014, 03:10 AM
Welcome to the fun! More grins with the color blue of course!

GloryRyders
01-25-2014, 05:51 AM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new :spyder:..............hope to see you at SPYDERFEST :yes:

SPYD1
01-25-2014, 07:46 AM
:2thumbs::congrats:

spyderbirds
01-25-2014, 10:16 AM
:congrats: on the conversion to the spyder

Deanna777
01-25-2014, 05:28 PM
I take delivery tomorrow. Will post a pic asap.OK, keep us posted. Enjoy your :spyder2:. Deanna777

RBS66
01-25-2014, 07:23 PM
CONGRATS!!!

Rd_Runner
01-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Hi folks~

Awesome!!! Welcome to the world of :f_spider:'s.

:clap::thumbup::yes:

- Mike

twain
01-25-2014, 07:41 PM
Congrats Louise:yes: I am sure we will see you and James on rides and events. :thumbup: Ride safe

Highwayman2013
01-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Welcome!:yes:

StanProff
01-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Good to you!!!!! you guys will have a great time. congrats.

Jim&Teresa
01-25-2014, 08:21 PM
:congrats:on your new Spyder. Best wishes for a great year on your new bike! :2thumbs:

spyder-dude
01-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Congrats and welcome to Spyder Lovers! :thumbup: