PDA

View Full Version : Not in the Showroom Yet

den1953
01-23-2014, 09:10 AM
I went to my dealer, American Powersports in Findlay Ohio yesterday and that 2014 RT-S that was listed as being in his current inventory wasn't in the showroom yet. His showroom is chocked full of mostly 4 wheelers and snowmobiles right now with only three 2013 Spyders and a handful of each brand of motorcycle he sells wedged in here & there. It is January in Ohio after all and he has a lot of what is currently selling hot. Gotta go with the weather and the season!!

BobnDee
01-23-2014, 09:27 AM
I've run into the same problem more times than care to remember! Many dealers use the word "inventory" do describe the full line of products they sell, but don't have in stock, but can order for you if your willing to wait for an unspecified period while it's manufactured, shipped finally arrives at their shop. No they don't distinguish "current inventory" from "inventory".

The only way to know is to call or e-mail for a list of what they actually have in their showroom. That will save you a potentially long and disappointing tip.

Bob Denman
01-23-2014, 09:33 AM
This time of year; you'll find snowmobiles in the showrooms up here... :gaah:

Cruzr Joe
01-23-2014, 09:59 AM
This time of year; you'll find snowmobiles in the showrooms up here... :gaah:

Dealers in Arkansas don't sell many SnowMobiles. :hun: wonder why? :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

den1953
01-23-2014, 10:31 AM
That's Northwestern Ohio weather right now and that explains a lot right there. I only live about 15 miles from my dealer so it's no big deal to get there and back.

SpyRyd
01-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Went to a local dealer to look at and listen to a 2014 basic RT. Salesman led me through the parts dept, the maintenance dept and then into a storage area where the '14 was parked amongst a lot of other bikes, '13 Spyders, 4 wheelers, etc. I asked why it wasn't on the showroom floor and he said they wanted to move their remaining '13 Spyder inventory before putting it out. Suppose they would show/sell it if a customer asked about a '14 model.

Bob Denman
01-23-2014, 10:34 AM
Dealers in Arkansas don't sell many SnowMobiles. :hun: wonder why? :roflblack:

You guys are just SOOOO... deprived!! :D

Deanna777
01-23-2014, 11:06 AM
This time of year; you'll find snowmobiles in the showrooms up here... :gaah::agree: I checked the Land Air ( in Vermont) website they do not list any of the 2014's :spyder2: 's yet. Base price for a 2014RT-S SE6 is $28,049.00, just saying. :gaah:.Deanna777

Bob Denman
01-23-2014, 11:29 AM
I think that I'm gonna load up on snowmobiles, and sell them to Joe in Arkansas! :thumbup:
Since I'll be the only guy that has any for sale; I figure to make a HUGE pile of money! :roflblack:

Chupaca
01-23-2014, 12:23 PM
those converted snowmobile for sand. We have more dunes than anyone else...:roflblack::roflblack: But ones sees the need to hold off promoting the 2014 RT's in the frozen tundra....:roflblack: Hope spring hit you as hard as winter has...:pray:

ARtraveler
01-23-2014, 04:04 PM
I went to my dealer, American Powersports in Findlay Ohio yesterday and that 2014 RT-S that was listed as being in his current inventory wasn't in the showroom yet. His showroom is chocked full of mostly 4 wheelers and snowmobiles right now with only three 2013 Spyders and a handful of each brand of motorcycle he sells wedged in here & there. It is January in Ohio after all and he has a lot of what is currently selling hot. Gotta go with the weather and the season!!

If you do a search of pretty much any dealer, you will see that they show 2014's all models all colors in inventory. All they have done is uploaded the most recent BRP data. It has nothing to do with what they really have. My dealer is included. My dealer will not have any 2014's for at least a month or so.

My recommendation--when in doubt, check it out. I recommend calling the dealer before making a special trip to test sit or ryde "phantom" inventory.