PDA

View Full Version : HOT Lanes

Cavman
01-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Recently I joined ABATE. I was reading the December news letter and came across this interesting item about certain lanes on the interstates and how they effect motorcycle's use.
I've never heard of a HOT lane? I like using what's left of the HOV lanes. Especially traveling through Atlanta on I-20.

Chupaca
01-22-2014, 11:41 PM
must be a Georgia thing..you all have your work cut out...Here we just get on and off as needed.. :ohyea:

Hawk
01-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the info Caveman!!

SNOOPY
01-23-2014, 07:21 AM
What's a HOT lane? :shocked:

Hawk
01-23-2014, 08:01 AM

I like a cold lane, only warmer. :joke:

High Occupancy Tax

They converted our HOV lanes to this last year. Basically, its like the FL Turnpike or any toll road, but just one lane. (They just want our money!!)

http://dps.georgia.gov/i-85-expres-lanes-hot-lanes

SPYD3R
01-23-2014, 08:43 AM

a HOT LANE (HOV) is a TAX you must pay so not to be denied the use of one particular lane on an intrastate road which is on the far LEFT... all vehicle in that lane MUST be carrying no less than 2 people... the lane has a SOLID LINE on the right and occassionally a BROKEN LINE... the broken line is where you can enter or exit the lane... you will receive another TAX if you enter or exit over a SOLID line... MOST people associate this HOV lane with a high-speed lane... however, if you enter it, and some fool wants to do 50 mph when the other 2,3,4+ lanes are doing 70... YOU ARE STUCK until that person decides to exit the lane... this was designed to keep traffic moving without interuptions... my guess is it was designed to generate revenue... :doorag:

Cruzr Joe
01-23-2014, 10:06 AM
a HOT LANE (HOV) is a TAX you must pay so not to be denied the use of one particular lane on an intrastate road which is on the far LEFT... all vehicle in that lane MUST be carrying no less than 2 people... the lane has a SOLID LINE on the right and occassionally a BROKEN LINE... the broken line is where you can enter or exit the lane... you will receive another TAX if you enter or exit over a SOLID line... MOST people associate this HOV lane with a high-speed lane... however, if you enter it, and some fool wants to do 50 mph when the other 2,3,4+ lanes are doing 70... YOU ARE STUCK until that person decides to exit the lane... this was designed to keep traffic moving without interuptions... my guess is it was designed to generate revenue... :doorag:

How are out of state vehicles handled???

Cruzr Joe

SNOOPY
01-23-2014, 01:45 PM
This sounds stupid, who comes up w this stuff?

SPYD3R
01-23-2014, 01:51 PM
This sounds stupid, who comes up w this stuff?

WHO? our elected officials.... elected by STOOPID people.... that's y i no longer live in my birth state... u have no choice as to where u r born, nor do u have a choice of who your family will be.... but we all have the choice as to where we live, and who r our friends... and i pick them carefully.... life is too short to let any negatives into it.... or @ least do your best to minimize them......
have a gr8 day, and keep smiling.... :cheers:

Cruzr Joe
01-23-2014, 01:57 PM
WHO? our elected officials.... elected by STOOPID people.... that's y i no longer live in my birth state... u have no choice as to where u r born, nor do u have a choice of who your family will be.... but we all have the choice as to where we live, and who r our friends... and i pick them carefully.... life is too short to let any negatives into it.... or @ least do your best to minimize them......

Your license plates are expired.

cruzr joe

Hawk
01-23-2014, 02:04 PM

cruzr joe

Quick, call his state government and report him. Hehe. :joke:;)

SPYD3R
01-23-2014, 02:06 PM

cruzr joe

OLD PIC Joe........
my SPYD3R plate will expire the day after i do..... :cheers:
thx for look'n out for me however....

Cruzr Joe
01-23-2014, 02:21 PM
OLD PIC Joe........
my SPYD3R plate will expire the day after i do..... :cheers:
thx for look'n out for me however....

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: had to harass you, :thumbup:

SPYD3R
01-23-2014, 02:34 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: had to harass you, :thumbup:

take your pick Joseph..... :popcorn:

#1 82139 #2 82140 #3 82141 #4 82142

Hawk
01-23-2014, 02:50 PM
take your pick Joseph..... :popcorn:

#1 82139 #2 82140 #3 82141 #4 82142

Photoshopped. Hehe. :joke:

SPYD3R
01-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Photoshopped. Hehe. :joke:

NO..... it's a SAMSUNG.... :lecturef_smilie:

ARtraveler
01-23-2014, 03:38 PM
It gets more interesting to see what states will do in order to raise more revenue. :yikes:

SNOOPY
01-23-2014, 03:51 PM

Wow, wish I figured out how to do that 30 years ago. Lol

Dan_Ashley
01-23-2014, 04:21 PM
We call 'em "Lexus Lanes" I donno why....maybe cuz it alliterates...????

The gov't of the libs, by the libs, for the libs will reign forever in California. It is so bad that S&W said they are not going to sell guns here any more (really).

MarkLawson
01-23-2014, 04:30 PM
How are out of state vehicles handled???

Cruzr Joe

Out of state tags are fine as long as you have the Peach Pass. If not, they'll track your address down and send you a ticket. First one starts at $75.00, I believe. It would work the same way as Colorado is doing with toll roads now. My brother borrowed my Wells Cargo Cycle Wagon trailer last year and drove through Colorado. Because the only tag they could see was mine on the trailer, I got the toll bill of almost $20. My brother, being the sweet guy that he is, gave me a head's up to expect the bill.

SNOOPY
01-23-2014, 07:25 PM
We use the toll road in Florida a couple times a year and haven't got a bill yet.

Guess we better stop before they catch on. roflmao

Biosafena
01-23-2014, 07:33 PM
I have been on the toll roads around Dallas a few times with both the Spyder and the truck and still no bill. Not that I am complaining! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cruzr Joe
01-24-2014, 09:24 AM
So, if you are mad at someone .............................. you "borrow" his tag and run on toll roads and specialty roads and then "return" the plate and they get all kinds of bills?????? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Hey Bob, can i borrow your lic plate for today???

Cruzr Joe

SNOOPY
01-24-2014, 01:05 PM
Hey Bob, can i borrow your lic plate for today???

Cruzr Joe

He's got no use for it right now. :joke:

Cruzr Joe
01-24-2014, 01:53 PM
He's got no use for it right now. :joke:

:wrong: Bad Dog

SNOOPY
01-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Oops :opps:

Cavman
01-25-2014, 03:02 AM
On my epic cross country trip in the Summer of 2011, I passed thru Colorado on one of those toll roads. My nephew said I would get a bill. I'm still waiting. I think that maybe the extra license plate on the tailgate of my Tundra may have thrown their camera off? It's my ham radio tag that was doctored a bit.

Highwayman2013
01-25-2014, 04:45 AM
That's a joke, if they are going to let motorcycles use the lanes no charge why register?

SNOOPY
01-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Exactly

More paperwork, more bureaucracy...

MarkLawson
01-25-2014, 10:33 AM
That's a joke, if they are going to let motorcycles use the lanes no charge why register?

If I had to guess, they want you to carry the Peach Pass puck so you don't set off their bells and whistles.

MikeinGA
01-25-2014, 04:44 PM
If I had to guess, they want you to carry the Peach Pass puck so you don't set off their bells and whistles.

When they were HOV lanes it free and now they can charge. It's just another way of TAXING and BIGGER GOVERNMENT!!! That's IMHO.

Mike:mad:

Cruzr Joe
01-25-2014, 05:12 PM
Oops :opps:

Pooper Scooper time????

Cruzr Joe

SNOOPY
01-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Oops, just pooped again.

Sorry :opps:

Yol Bolsun
01-27-2014, 05:37 AM
Cavman, thanks for the heads-up.

"Toll Exempt Account (https://www.mypeachpass.com/olcsc/home/ShowAccountType.do)

This is an Account where each vehicle associated with this Account will not pay a toll on toll facilities because each vehicle is (a) a motorcycle, (b) an alternative fuel vehicle bearing alternative fueled license plates issued under O.C.G.A. §40-2-76, or (c) passenger vehicles occupied by three or more people. If there is any chance that you will use the Peach Pass on a toll facility with no HOV requirements (e.g., GA 400), then you must open a Personal or Commercial Toll Account instead of a Toll Exempt Account. If you open a Toll Exempt account and do not comply with the appropriate HOV requirements for a toll facility, the registered vehicle owner will receive a violation notice in the mail. To open a Toll Exempt Account, please contact the Peach Pass Customer Service Center at 1-855-724-7277."

Still trying to figure out where to mount the Peach Pass.

Also, found that GA400 TOLL (http://www.ajc.com/news/news/ga-400-tolls-close-early/nb2ch/) bond has been met so that toll road should be no more.

Cavman
01-27-2014, 07:02 PM
I had to call that number three times today. The first two ladies hung up on me. I'm guessing they were deaf? The third time I called I got a guy. He took my information, description of the Spyder and my tag number. He didn't need my driver's license as was mentioned in the article. He didn't say if he was sending anything that I needed on the Spyder? Guess I'll find out?

Anytime I go thru Atlanta on I-20 I hit the HOV lane on the Spyder. I've only paid twice on GA 400 all those years when it was a toll road. It was right before I got my Spyder two years ago they switched over to the Peach Pass lanes.

Cavman
02-01-2014, 07:05 PM
This what I got in the mail today. They want me to stick it to the inside of my windshield. So I guess the side facing me is inside? Ha! I think I will put down where it's out of my vision and not noticed by people walking by to snag.