PDA

View Full Version : Hindle question

Napalmseth
07-30-2008, 08:09 AM
I installed my Hindle last night, LOVE the new sound. I do however have an exhaust leak. What type of silicone do I need to get to repair the leak? Do I have to remove the pipe again or can I just put the silicone around the lip.
Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Oh, and can I get the silicone in any auto parts store or home depot?

dryheat
07-30-2008, 10:48 AM
I installed my Hindle last night, LOVE the new sound. I do however have an exhaust leak. What type of silicone do I need to get to repair the leak? Do I have to remove the pipe again or can I just put the silicone around the lip.

I used a high temp silicone gasket made by Permatex available at Checker Auto (I'm sure also at any chain, i.e. Auto Zone)
I spread a thin bead on the header before slipping on the Hindle... no leaks. I also put on Evoluzione's performance air filter, pulled the snorkel tubes and installed his O2 sensor mod. SOOOOO much better!:2thumbs:

Napalmseth
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm actually waiting for them to get the O2 sensor in stock. I already have it ordered. I have the air filter on the way already, but then Ken released his race airflow system, so I ordered that too... Where are(and what are) there snorkels everyone seems to be removing? I have NO mechanical ability. So therefore I'm clueless.

Way2Fast
07-30-2008, 12:29 PM

If your pipe is leaking you probably didn't tighten the clamp bolt enough. It has to be torqued to 24 Ft Lbs. This is a lot tighter than what you would assume is "tight enough" when doing it without a torque wrench.

Richard

Napalmseth
07-30-2008, 12:41 PM
If your pipe is leaking you probably didn't tighten the clamp bolt enough. It has to be torqued to 24 Ft Lbs. This is a lot tighter than what you would assume is "tight enough" when doing it without a torque wrench.

Richard

I was wondering about that. By the way, you were a breeze to deal with Richard. Thank you again!!!

P.S. I'll be contacting you again soon. It appears I over torqued my touring windshield. I have a little crack forming at one of the bolts.
Not yet as I have to "recover" from my recent purchases as of late.

dryheat
07-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm actually waiting for them to get the O2 sensor in stock. I already have it ordered. I have the air filter on the way already, but then Ken released his race airflow system, so I ordered that too... Where are(and what are) there snorkels everyone seems to be removing? I have NO mechanical ability. So therefore I'm clueless.

When you open up the airbox, you will see them. They are just two joined rubber tubes that extend 2-3" into and out of the box. Removing them just increases the airflow, making the airpath less convoluted. Some people don't like the sound (it's a little noisier) and have reinstalled them.

Napalmseth
07-30-2008, 03:16 PM