PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth FM radio question

MtlBen
01-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Anyone knows a small FM radio that would have built-in bluetooth transmitter that I could pair directly with my Sena SMH10r Intercom and listen to FM radio ?

I'd love to do it with my iPhone, but I want to avoid overloading my data plan.

This is for an other non-spyder setup, and I would like to avoid using an intermediate gizmo like the SENA SM10.

...Ben...

Motorcycledave
01-21-2014, 12:04 PM
1- go to www.senabluetooth.com and ask the tech guys what they know or......
2- just up your data plan and use you phone, remember you can also plug in a media player

Anyone knows a small FM radio that would have built-in bluetooth transmitter that I could pair directly with my Sena SMH10r Intercom and listen to FM radio ?

I'd love to do it with my iPhone, but I want to avoid overloading my data plan.

This is for an other non-spyder setup, and I would like to avoid using an intermediate gizmo like the SENA SM10.

...Ben...

MtlBen
01-21-2014, 07:23 PM
...Basically it is a conductive metal box that is grounded.
That surrounding grounding isolates the internal circuitry of the radio from the Spyder's electrically noisy environment.

I suspect you would need to do something similar with a stand alone radio.

I was expecting that the antenna would be a challenge, it did not occur to me that the noise from the vehicule itself would be an issue.

I am considering this radio for a motorcycle: I already have a working setup on the Spyder. In any case, it seems that such a bluetooth radio does not exist on the market. Funny, considering all the bluetooth intercoms without FM that are in use these days.

...Ben...