PDA

View Full Version : Micron resonating sound (ouch)

Sopher
07-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I admit I'm a newbie. We all were at some point right?

I bought the Micron Black to Silver fade slip-on and 90deg from No Magic Neon.

Install was easy. I was supprised by the very deep sound of the mufler. In fact it may be too deep for me. When I accelerate on the highway, I get this resonating tone that reverberates up into my full face modular Shoei Multitec helmet. After a a few days of commuting to my customers, the sound is starting to bug me and would give me head aches and ringing in my ears. Sometimes I like the bark, but other times, not when it's so low in the frequency range. I liked the immediate increase in power band and cooler running.

I swapped back to to stock for now. Anyone know of a baffle insert that can help me?

spyder13
07-29-2008, 05:30 AM
I have a carbin fiber Leo Vince that has a baffle for sale.

bjt
07-29-2008, 11:29 AM
I admit I'm a newbie. We all were at some point right?

I bought the Micron Black to Silver fade slip-on and 90deg from No Magic Neon.

Install was easy. I was supprised by the very deep sound of the mufler. In fact it may be too deep for me. When I accelerate on the highway, I get this resonating tone that reverberates up into my full face modular Shoei Multitec helmet. After a a few days of commuting to my customers, the sound is starting to bug me and would give me head aches and ringing in my ears. Sometimes I like the bark, but other times, not when it's so low in the frequency range. I liked the immediate increase in power band and cooler running.

I swapped back to to stock for now. Anyone know of a baffle insert that can help me?

I found out after the fact that this is a benefit to the Hindle over the Micron. As a person who has owned both exhausts told me, the Hindle barks when you get on the throttle but quiets down if you ease up. The Micron barks all the time.

Sopher
07-30-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm wondering about an aftermarket baffle or possibly make one myslef out of galvanized sheet rolled up and held in place with a bolt; sortof.

AMTJIM
07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
The Hindle was on the demo bike and I had the same experience...it seemed so loud I thought for sure I would get a ticket. I want an exhaust, but I have been leaving for work at 4am lately and not sure the rest of the neighborhood would like the exhaust as much as me.

sleepman
07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Have you considered using ear plugs? If the sound is holding in the helmet that well then you probably are getting a lot of wind noise inside the helmet as well. The wind noise can lead to hearing damage in the long run just as much as a loud exhaust. I'm using a Shoei R-1000 and have no problems with the exhaust not being too loud.

Sopher
07-30-2008, 09:27 PM
I have considered it, but rejected it since I would eventually like to use a blue tooth headset someday or install a nice audio system.

I just need to change the harmonic pitch. I figure that one option is to make my own baffle. Easily changable and removable. Trial and error.

NancysToy
07-31-2008, 07:12 AM
I have considered it, but rejected it since I would eventually like to use a blue tooth headset someday or install a nice audio system.

I just need to change the harmonic pitch. I figure that one option is to make my own baffle. Easily changable and removable. Trial and error.
Just so you know, I am able to hear my helmet speakers when I wear my earplugs. I just turn up the volume a few notches.
-Scotty