PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth communications

vwatso
07-27-2008, 10:39 PM
Wanted to check the site to see what's the best Bluetooth communication for the money. So many out there!!!!

nhawkins
07-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Not sure I'm interested in a bluetooth communication also. Have you seen Blue ants version and chatterbox also haves a new one. Just a few suggestions.welcome

bjt
07-28-2008, 06:49 AM
I would be interested in a good Bluetooth system also but, for the communication, GPS, music, etc. things I want to integrate, I think I'm stuck with a corded system. Still, I'm interested to see what people use / recommend. :popcorn:

sleepman
07-28-2008, 07:31 AM
I've got the Scala Q2, it allows for bike to bike communication and bluetooth with your cellphone. The bike to bike works very well and so does the bluetooth phone feature. I can make or take phone calls and the sound quality is excellent, I can hold a conversation at 75 mph and hear the everything perfectly. The only drawback is that while it does have an FM radio you cannot link an mp3 player using bluetooth. I bought an fm transmitter and plug that into my mp3 player and it seems to work well.

Spanky
07-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I am going with a J&M CB 2003 (they have a special one made just for the Syder) with the Zumo 550 GPS.

The Zumo550 GPS can store and play MP3's plus I get XM radio with bluetooth only to the cellphone.

The Zumo goes thru the CB2003. It is wired but the Bluetooth stuff just isn't up to snuff for me.

The Zumo plays XM radio or MP3's while in navigate mode. It will interrupt with voice directions and resume playing. The CB will interrupt the Zumo with 2 way communications automatically.

The added benefit is the ability to summons help if needed when out of cellphone range. Can't do that with Bluetooth.

:spyder: :cheers: