PDA

View Full Version : can am in connecticut

jdmhatchvii
07-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I was wondering if there is anyone who owns a can am in ct also what are people paying for these. I went to the dealer over the weekend he wanted sticker which i believe is 15,800 or close is everyone paying sticker let me know thanks cory

GoodHouse
07-27-2008, 09:15 PM
I am in CT. I put a deposit down on a SE5 from Gargano's in East Haven. I am in the waterbury area... theres a place called land and sea marine on east main st. He does custom paint jobs and i think he has 5 sm5 in stock. I am pretty sure no matter where you are in the world, your paying sticker or more. I wish i knew land and sea marine existed before i put my deposit down because its closer and the people seem good, gave us a bunch of information, brochures, etc...
Where are you located?

jdmhatchvii
07-27-2008, 09:57 PM
i live in stamford i went up to east heaven over the weeken my permit is expired so i couldnt ride the spyder but i sat on it and i love the way it looks just matter of time and getting some cash together so i can buy one i want to put down as much as possible to get my payments lower did you finance with them or some one else ok thanks and have fun.

scottmanesis
07-28-2008, 12:14 AM
I am in CT. I put a deposit down on a SE5 from Gargano's in East Haven. I am in the waterbury area... theres a place called land and sea marine on east main st. He does custom paint jobs and i think he has 5 sm5 in stock. I am pretty sure no matter where you are in the world, your paying sticker or more. I wish i knew land and sea marine existed before i put my deposit down because its closer and the people seem good, gave us a bunch of information, brochures, etc...
Where are you located?
I used to live in Waterbury.....hope you have excellent theft insurance...I have lived in ALOT of places and Waterbury ranks amongst the lowest of them all....no offense to you I just worry about your Spyder being stolen.

jeuchler
07-28-2008, 05:45 AM
I was wondering if there is anyone who owns a can am in ct also what are people paying for these. I went to the dealer over the weekend he wanted sticker which i believe is 15,800 or close is everyone paying sticker let me know thanks cory

If you mean is anyone purchasing below sticker price, I'd bet "no."

The big issue (especially from some dealers in the southwestern US, apparently) has been extra bogus fees tacked on. Maybe this is obvious, but really try to get an out the door price--in writing would be awesome.

Also consider that you're just a hop, skip, and jump from several (apparently) reputable dealers in Massachusetts, from the Berkshires all the way back east. It might be worth checking them out:

http://www.6impossible.com/spyder/spyderDealersMA.jpg

Good luck! If you go to Pittsfield, ask for Wally and mention my name.

bjt
07-28-2008, 07:23 AM

I haven't heard of any dealership North America selling Spyders below sticker price. Last time I checked, most of the eBay sales still want to get the sticker price if not more. I think your only hope of getting one cheaper is to find a used one that someone is willing to sell at a discount.

Smylinacha
07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I got mine from Garganos - and I paid over sticker but I was also trading in another bike too. I love them over there - treat me very well.

GoodHouse
07-28-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm not from waterbury, but the waterbury store is the closest to me. I am going to finance but did not go through the process yet. Most likely i will go with whatever financing program they offer. As long as the rate is reasonable. I just put down a 1k deposit to order it. I didnt test drive yet because i dont have a permit / endorsement either. Once mine comes in, i am going to go get it.

jdmhatchvii
07-28-2008, 09:11 PM
thankd for the info i cant wait to get one but i think im goin to wait till spring i need to pay a bunch of bills then save some cash to put down yeh i went ot ganagos or how ever you spell it over in east heaven they had some there nice looking ride wish had more money i would be riding one asap if that was the case.

Zerocool
07-29-2008, 06:26 PM

I'm in Milford, CT, bought mine at Higgins Powersports in Barre, MA. I was on the list a year ago for #2475 of the Premiere Editions - before CT dealers were allowed to sell them - and trailered it home on 4/9/08.

Yes, paid sticker, plus extra for the mods and installation. Also paid cash, so the goat rodeo of financing was avoided :clap:

The guys at Higgins are top notch. Had my 625 mile service done at Gargano's in Eats Haven, also great guys.

Let us know when you get yours. We'll circle a few others in State and maybe get some rides going :2thumbs:

jdmhatchvii
07-29-2008, 06:59 PM
ok ill let you guys know when i get mine but i doubt anytime soon yeh i cnat wait to get my permit again so i can go ride one. guestion whats difference with premier edition and reg. i have seen few on ebay.

Smylinacha
07-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Gotta take back what I said - hubby corrected me - we did not pay over sticker for it. And I do have to say the guys at Garganos are the best. When I did a search for dealers in CT after the announcement from brp went out that they added dealers, I called all of them. Garganos seemed very enthusiastic to be selling them compared to the other dealers I talked to. Even the owner rides one and he's all hyped up on the Spyder. So that is why I stuck w/ those guys - family owned business, nice people and they got me a Spyder pretty darn quick.

GoodHouse
07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
My girlfriend stopped by land and sea on saturday. As far as i understand it, they do a lot of onsite customizations such as custom paint jobs and sell a lot of acessory parts such as the pegs, pipes, wheel etc. They seem like they are into modding and selling mods. I think they told her they will do custom paint job for 700 bucks. I saw a metallic plum se5 and a black sm5 in pictures she took for me because i was at work and could not make it there to see them in person. They seem very enthused about the spyders.

willfulboy
07-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know if they allow test drives at Garganos? I live pretty close to them and I've never ridden a Spyder yet. Do they have any in stock?

I'd like to see what the ride is like before I dish out 20 thousand dollars. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two models?

Look forward to your responses, and for that matter I look forward to joining in on some of those Connecticut area Spyder rides.

bjt
08-01-2008, 06:03 AM
Does anyone know if they allow test drives at Garganos? I live pretty close to them and I've never ridden a Spyder yet. Do they have any in stock?

I'd like to see what the ride is like before I dish out 20 thousand dollars. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two models?

Look forward to your responses, and for that matter I look forward to joining in on some of those Connecticut area Spyder rides.

welcome Welcome to SpyderLovers willfulboy.

The only difference in the current models is that one is a manual shift transmission (SM5) and the other is an electronic shift transmission (SE5).

The SM5 has a hand clutch and a 5 speed, 1 down - 4 up, foot shifter. Reverse is selected by shifting down while in first and holding the Reverse lever.

The SE5 does not have a clutch and has up shift - down shift pushbuttons on the left hand controls. It has 5 gears and reverse, the same as the SM5. The SE5 is not an automatic transmission. It will automatically downshift for you but you have to push the up button to shift up through the gears.

If / when you go, have fun on your test ride. :spyder: