PDA

View Full Version : WHERE'S MY 2014 RT LIMITED!!

Guzzi
01-14-2014, 08:49 PM
I have been patiently waiting for my new 2014 RT Cognac Limited since making a deal and a healthy deposit, Sept 28th. BRP had told dealers that shipments would start by the end of Oct. Oct came and went, along with Nov, Dec, and now Jan. I have been unable to ride my 2012 because of a mileage constraint on my original pricing deal. Shame on me! Dealer was notified that my RT Limited was finally shipped on Jan 3rd. Here it is the 14th and still no sign of the truck and BRP can't even tell us where the truck is!. In the meantime 2014's are showing up at dealers all over the country, one local Florida dealer has had 2 loads of 2014's delivered so far. Several new bikes have been delivered to customers around the country; some to those lucky few that did not place a prior order. I know my dealer is frustrated for lack of accurate information from BRP, AND I,'M GETTING FED UP WITH WAITING. No good has been served by my placing a big down payment 3 and a half months ago, and then setting on my a*#, while BRP decides how to allot production, even though many of us have long standing deposits on new RT's. BRP should learn that this not the way to gain customer confidence, and above all they should let the dealers know what's going on, so they can keep the buying customer informed. That I could live with. All i hear is silence from BRP, and the only worthwhile news comes from this great forum and its members. You can probably tell that I am frustrated and plainly pissed off at this point. As such, if I don't see my new bike by next week, BRP and the dealer will lose only one sale, but I will save a lot of money, stop my frustration, and quite frankly, my 2012 RTS is looking better all time. OLD GROUCH GUZZI:mad::mad:

Chupaca
01-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Not much one can say to make this experience better. Do hope the truck does get there soon and your wait will be over. Do agree they should not take advance orders prepaid and deposits if they don't expect to deliver them first...hang in there...;)

SpyderAnn01
01-15-2014, 01:40 AM
I know you are frustrated over the wait but I guarantee the 2014 will be worth it.

Purple Guy
01-15-2014, 07:30 AM
One would think that if a deposit is put down on a Spyder, that order should be in the queue and delivered as such.
I hope your wait is almost over so you can get out and enjoy your ride!!!

MouthPiece
01-15-2014, 07:55 AM
Note to self: Do not text in a movie theater.

Chris

Bob Denman
01-15-2014, 07:59 AM
:agree: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/14/14_6_19.gif
This morning; I saw a report stating that he felt "threatened", when the victim threw popcorn at him... :gaah:

Guzzi,
At least you've been told a ship date. :thumbup:
I called my dealer last evening; was told "By the end of the Month..." :shocked:

jimbo277630
01-15-2014, 08:43 AM
I have been patiently waiting for my new 2014 RT Cognac Limited since making a deal and a healthy deposit, Sept 28th. BRP had told dealers that shipments would start by the end of Oct. Oct came and went, along with Nov, Dec, and now Jan. I have been unable to ride my 2012 because of a mileage constraint on my original pricing deal. Shame on me! Dealer was notified that my RT Limited was finally shipped on Jan 3rd. Here it is the 14th and still no sign of the truck and BRP can't even tell us where the truck is!. In the meantime 2014's are showing up at dealers all over the country, one local Florida dealer has had 2 loads of 2014's delivered so far. Several new bikes have been delivered to customers around the country; some to those lucky few that did not place a prior order. I know my dealer is frustrated for lack of accurate information from BRP, AND I,'M GETTING FED UP WITH WAITING. No good has been served by my placing a big down payment 3 and a half months ago, and then setting on my a*#, while BRP decides how to allot production, even though many of us have long standing deposits on new RT's. BRP should learn that this not the way to gain customer confidence, and above all they should let the dealers know what's going on, so they can keep the buying customer informed. That I could live with. All i hear is silence from BRP, and the only worthwhile news comes from this great forum and its members. You can probably tell that I am frustrated and plainly pissed off at this point. As such, if I don't see my new bike by next week, BRP and the dealer will lose only one sale, but I will save a lot of money, stop my frustration, and quite frankly, my 2012 RTS is looking better all time. OLD GROUCH GUZZI:mad::mad:

I to payed for my 2014 in oct and was told it would be in Nov but to be told in Dec and then told the 6 to 10 would be in now was told theres a holdm and would be sent out end of Jan have seen where people are getting them and even people that are just getting a free ride on them does seem the people that has payed for there s would know more than whats going on the dealer told me from the get go people that pay for them would get them as some as thay where started shipping becouse the dealer had 10 days to pay for the ones which where put down as payed for

Bob Denman
01-15-2014, 08:58 AM
:shocked: That may be the longest sentence that I've ever seen... :bowdown:

MouthPiece
01-15-2014, 09:04 AM

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

Cruzr Joe
01-15-2014, 09:07 AM

:agree: i ran out of breath twice before i got through the whole sentence.

Guzzi, the wait will be worth it but the aggravation is hard to tolerate. Mine was also shipped on the 3rd and i picked it up on the 10th

Cruzr Joe

GC Wheeler
01-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Me to except I traded my 2011 spyder in in Oct. Really disappointed

Bob Denman
01-15-2014, 09:34 AM
:gaah: September 16th... :gaah:

Dan McNally
01-15-2014, 10:00 AM
Just playing devil's advocate, here . . . just because you paid a dealer a deposit is not an iron-clad guarantee that BRP got the order, immediately . . . a dealer could have used the money for other things, planning on placing the order later . . . Has BRP acknowledged to you that they have an order for you, dated 28 September? It isn't always BRPs fault . . . some dealers are not 100% honest with us, and blame BRP for everything.

Bob Denman
01-15-2014, 10:03 AM
That's a VERY good point... :shocked:
And scary, too!

Papa
01-15-2014, 10:08 AM
Add another October order still waiting for any word.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maliamd
01-15-2014, 11:18 AM
I have been waiting too since the fall.:banghead: Deposit down. Been told the end of January since the get go. It does kinda get me that people are getting 2014 demos for days or weeks before the advance orders have been filled.

Bob Denman
01-15-2014, 11:40 AM
:shocked: I keep trying to remind myself:

"Patience; the ONE virtue, that none of us can WAIT to acquire!"

But it doesn't help... :D

SpyderAnn01
01-15-2014, 12:09 PM
I guess I am the oddball here my dealer ordered mine with no money down. So I happily ride my test Spyder and hope that the arrival of my 2014 coincides with the departure of the test machine.

Bob Denman
01-15-2014, 12:19 PM
:clap: :2thumbs:
You lucky Devil... :D

Cruzr Joe
01-15-2014, 12:52 PM
:clap: :2thumbs:
You lucky Devil... :D

You are halfway right :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: that's all i got to say.

The Devil made me say it

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
01-15-2014, 01:04 PM
:shocked: She's gonna hurt you... :shocked:

Cruzr Joe
01-15-2014, 01:07 PM
:shocked: She's gonna hurt you... :shocked:

Yeah, I know, it just kind of slipped out, i couldn't help it, YOU started it.:lecturef_smilie: It's all your fault

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
01-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Do you think that if we EACH take a beating; it'll only hurt half as much? :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
01-15-2014, 01:19 PM
Do you think that if we EACH take a beating; it'll only hurt half as much? :roflblack:

You see how much trouble you get me into???????????

I was sitting at work trying to be responsible and you gotta stir things up. :D

You started it. :lecturef_smilie:

That's my story and i am sticking with it. :p:p

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
01-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Just playing devil's advocate, here . . . just because you paid a dealer a deposit is not an iron-clad guarantee that BRP got the order, immediately . . . a dealer could have used the money for other things, planning on placing the order later . . . Has BRP acknowledged to you that they have an order for you, dated 28 September? It isn't always BRPs fault . . . some dealers are not 100% honest with us, and blame BRP for everything.

You beat me to the answer, but I was thinking the same thing. It may not be BRP's fault. I do not think that early deposits have any effect on BRP builds, shipments, or to what dealers they go. I do believe that the priority shipments go to dealers that sell the most, etc.

I only put down a deposit once. That was for my first :spyder2:--the 2008. That was 7 months before they even hit Alaska. The dealer and I got Spyder #1 and #2 to hit the state. All other :ani29: purchases have been on a handshake. I get the first Yellow RT-S to hit the dealer. Sometime in March which is the usual procedure here.

jerpinoy
01-15-2014, 05:01 PM
Note to self: Do not text in a movie theater.

Chris

:agree::agree::agree::agree: :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: As we grow old we learn how to live our life safe and do the right choices. God Bless us all and keep us from harm.:pray:

caw001
01-15-2014, 07:12 PM

BRP could also have told the dealers when they can start placing orders. I bet there were many dealers that just had a list. Mine seems to be flying by their pants. But I have not really dug into their list, but there were 10 people ahead of me.

I was told mine would be here "sometime" in February. Yeah sure the instant gratification isn't there, but the wait will be worth it.

Patience young grasshopper, and you surely shall get the spyder...

Guzzi
01-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Ok folks, here's the latest word today, from my dealer and BRP! My dealer placed the order Sept 30. Dealer received shipping notice from BRP on Jan 2nd, that my limited had shipped. Last week my dealer received a new Cognac 2014 RTS, and NOT a limited! Apparently BRP acknowledges that they screwed up the order, but it still leaves me without my new bike after 3 1/2 months. BRP said they are building another truckload of seadoo's and Canam's for delivery into our area. They would or could not tell my dealer when this would be! So here we are again, no bike and no assurance of a delivery date!! By the way, this all occured while I was in the sales managers office with him both on the phone and by email with BRP, so I have no reason to suspect my dealer of any delay or problems on their end. BRP really sucks, but after my tirade last night, I guess I'll hang in there for a couple more weeks to see what happens.
OLD GROUCH GUZZI :mad::banghead::cus:

Utah Geezer
01-16-2014, 01:07 AM
My dealer has not received any 2014's yet. He said that BRP is holding up a lot of shipping due to working out electrical issues and wanting to make sure that they don't have some of the same problems that they have had with others. Anybody else heard this.

MouthPiece
01-16-2014, 06:51 AM
My dealer has not received any 2014's yet. He said that BRP is holding up a lot of shipping due to working out electrical issues and wanting to make sure that they don't have some of the same problems that they have had with others. Anybody else heard this.

That is BS. Get another dealer. Someone is blowing smoke up where the light don't shine. IMHO

Chris

Bob Denman
01-16-2014, 08:02 AM
I just got the same story about the delay in delivering some chairs that the Missus ordered... :gaah:

spyder-dude
01-16-2014, 07:13 PM
My dealer in NC that I have mine ordered from states they are one of the biggest Can-Am dealers on the east coast. But they say that they don't get notified of when these units ship from the factory which I know is a bunch of BS. This is going to be my 4th spyder and I know how BRP works by now.

Getting very frustrated with all of the excuses!

Guzzi
01-16-2014, 07:41 PM
My dealer in NC that I have mine ordered from states they are one of the biggest Can-Am dealers on the east coast. But they say that they don't get notified of when these units ship from the factory which I know is a bunch of BS. This is going to be my 4th spyder and I know how BRP works by now.

Getting very frustrated with all of the excuses!
I totally agree!!:agree:

SpyderAnn01
01-16-2014, 09:45 PM

Is your dealer Fox? I stopped there today and they weren't exactly the friendliest people I've ever met. Go to Henderson, NV Pro Shop has a 2014 RT LTD in stock.

BRPcare
01-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Apparently BRP acknowledges that they screwed up the order, but it still leaves me without my new bike after 3 1/2 months.

Hi Guzzi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still waiting on your vehicle. I completely understand your eargernesss to get your Spyder and I want you to know that we're working closely with your dealer and doing everything we can to ensure you get your roadster as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you can definitely send me a PM here on Spyderlovers if you have a question or simply want to discuss any of this.

warp10
01-17-2014, 09:05 AM
How about telling us how many RT's have shipped so far?

bscrive
01-17-2014, 09:17 AM
I know I would be frustrated with not having my bike, especially when you hear of RT's for sale at dealerships that don't already have them sold. One thread has a guy who just walked in and bought a new one off the floor. He didn't have to wait. If I put down a load a cash and was getting the run around I would be very upset.

I would think that a good business practice would be to send out the ones that already have a deposit on them. But then again, I guess it makes more business sense to make you wait since they already have your money.

Guzzi
01-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Update from BRP! I guess my bitchin to my dealer and BRP got thru. Was contacted by spyderlovers BRPcare and answered his post. Got a phone call a couple hours later about the situation with my 2014 RT LIMITED, ordered Sept 28th. An apology from BRP for the time elapsed, and a promise to find out where my RT is, and a promise to phone me monday with an answer, and delivery date. Steve was very apologetic and friendly, and somewhat renewed my faith in BRP customer service. He said it should be here by the end of the month, and that was confirmed by my dealer later today. After 4 months, it's about time! Now the waiting begins again!
:ohyea: