PDA

View Full Version : Exit Comments

NorthStar
01-13-2014, 09:55 AM
I sold my 2010 RTS and trailer a while back with every intention of looking at a new RTS down the road. I have decided to "hang up the guns" with respect to Spyder ownership, and wanted to post a few comments about this forum and its members.

There are numerous people on this forum who will bend over backwards to share their wealth of technical knowledge about everything Spyder. On other forums, you always have "super gurus", but on this forum you not only have those sorts of brainiacs, you also have numerous jack and jill members who are not hesitant to contribute to a discussion with their take on things. This, to me, was definitely the primary reason I was an active participant in the forum when I owned a Spyder.

The amount of inflammatory posts, given the diversity of the membership, has always been kept to a minimum. Yes there are those who choose to talk openly about their personal beliefs and life predicaments, yet there appears to be a great tolerance by members to simply allow people to post whatever, within reason, without attacking people about these life opinions that they may have. That level of tolerance has been stretched on many occasions but the membership reigns these in and makes this site a wonderful forum about the joy and anguish of owning a three wheeled roadster.

I just wanted to sincerely thank all of those who have assisted me in working on my Spyder over the last few years. Your contributions to the knowledge base were invaluable to me and I am sure will prove valuable to all new Spyder owners in years to come. It has been a blast.

For those of you who are interested in why I chose to sell my Spyder, the answer is simple...TBC...

:joke:

I bought a Fiat 500 Cabriolet and a two wheeled Burgman 650 scooter.

bruiser
01-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Thank you for your honest and open comments. I, for one, would hope you still visit here. You are still family. If you don't, best wishes to you.

Cruzr Joe
01-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Sorry to see you go but thank you for your insight regarding this forum and it's members. :bowdown:

Enjoy Life :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Dudley
01-13-2014, 10:28 AM
And what is TBC?

Bob Denman
01-13-2014, 10:31 AM
You're family; you're not going anywhere!
Besides; those 500s are kind of sharp! :thumbup:
:nopic:

MouthPiece
01-13-2014, 11:17 AM
Your post was refreshing and well received by me. I wish you the best.

Chris

Marker
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
I sold my 2010 RTS and trailer a while back with every intention of looking at a new RTS down the road. I have decided to "hang up the guns" with respect to Spyder ownership, and wanted to post a few comments about this forum and its members.

There are numerous people on this forum who will bend over backwards to share their wealth of technical knowledge about everything Spyder. On other forums, you always have "super gurus", but on this forum you not only have those sorts of brainiacs, you also have numerous jack and jill members who are not hesitant to contribute to a discussion with their take on things. This, to me, was definitely the primary reason I was an active participant in the forum when I owned a Spyder.

The amount of inflammatory posts, given the diversity of the membership, has always been kept to a minimum. Yes there are those who choose to talk openly about their personal beliefs and life predicaments, yet there appears to be a great tolerance by members to simply allow people to post whatever, within reason, without attacking people about these life opinions that they may have. That level of tolerance has been stretched on many occasions but the membership reigns these in and makes this site a wonderful forum about the joy and anguish of owning a three wheeled roadster.

I just wanted to sincerely thank all of those who have assisted me in working on my Spyder over the last few years. Your contributions to the knowledge base were invaluable to me and I am sure will prove valuable to all new Spyder owners in years to come. It has been a blast.

For those of you who are interested in why I chose to sell my Spyder, the answer is simple...TBC...

I have been wondering where you have been. It has been great meeting you on this forum and it was even better meeting you in person.
Take care and enjoy your new Car and scooter.

Chupaca
01-13-2014, 11:56 AM
your not leaving for you will still lurk about and welcome to chime in anytime. Having owned and ryden a roadster you have a lot you can still contribute. Do hope the Fiat and scooter fill the bill. Both great vehicles...see ya around..!! :thumbup:

SteveMac
01-13-2014, 11:58 AM
It doesn't matter if you don't have a Spyder. I no longer own a Spyder, but I stay in this site for the friends I have made here. I frequent other sites for tech info about my GoldWing, but Spyderlovers will remain my "social site". You should give it some consideration too. :thumbup:

Purple Guy
01-13-2014, 12:02 PM
All the best to you.

spydaman60
01-13-2014, 12:05 PM
good luck on the two new rides!!!:thumbup:

Showie
01-13-2014, 12:46 PM

How about some pics of the new rides? good riding to U :clap:

jerpinoy
01-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Well said and good luck, I love to see your next post and keep us abreast.

bullant12
01-13-2014, 01:08 PM
It was a pleasure meeting you in Spyderfest 2011 (one of my first real life Spyderlover member meets besides the Hooligans and FL Express:thumbup:). Don't be a stranger and you are always welcome to participate on the forums or on any :spyder2: event!

Good luck!

NorthStar
01-13-2014, 02:51 PM
for all the best wishes guys. Here are pictures of my new rides....once the salt disappears from the roads.:banghead:

Bob Denman
01-13-2014, 02:55 PM
HeY!! :shocked: Your little "Italian Beauty" is.... TOPLESS! :yikes: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_1.gif

ARtraveler
01-13-2014, 02:55 PM
You will be missed my friend. Enjoy your new rides. :thumbup:

Dan McNally
01-13-2014, 03:17 PM
for all the best wishes guys. Here are pictures of my new rides....once the salt disappears from the roads.:banghead:

Sweet! Enjoy!

dndfindley
01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
And what is TBC?

I agree this is a good forum (for the little time I've been here). I have been on the other Spyder forum for years http://www.canamspyderforums.com/cmps_index.php?pageid=active_topics . That being said I have noticed one thing with this group that is a pet peeve for me. The person making the post to which I am replying asked a question and was ignored. I see that happen a lot here. Not the case on the other forum.

MidTNDawg
01-13-2014, 06:39 PM
78 next month and I have not figured out a way for me to "hang it up". In fact, I think the Spyder was brought in to extend my riding days after triple by-pass surgery. LOL

wyliec
01-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Is that Fiat offered with the Abarth option?

fastfraser
01-14-2014, 05:40 AM
Hi Mike

How the heck are you going to get golf clubs in those new rides ? LOL We looked at the Burgman before we got the Spyder. I have a Smart Fortwo as a run around and I looked hard at the Fiat . Both good solid choices !:thumbup: Great to have met you and your wife. Enjoy your new toys and stay intouch .

NorthStar
01-14-2014, 07:34 AM
What is TBC?

Have to admit, I totally borrowed that line from "Dave and Teddy's Adventures", which I have had a hoot reading over the past few years. Doesn't make any particular sense in the context that I used it in, but I always wanted to add it to a post.:opps:

Is that Fiat offered with the Abarth option?

Yes the Fiat Abarth is offered in a Cabrio Model, but only with a manual gearbox. I hear however that they will also be offering the Abarth in an automatic in the not too distant future.

The person making the post to which I am replying asked a question and was ignored. I see that happen a lot here. Not the case on the other forum.

I think I understand what you are saying, but I am not 100% sure. Is the OP ignoring your reply, or are other members not chipping in with a response to the OP's question?

If it is the former, I for one have been guilty of failing to follow up with a thank you to all responders to my question. If it is the latter, then I believe that due to the sheer volume of posts/threads in this forum there are times when questions are missed simply because the posts have slipped off of the first page so very quickly and people just don't see the question. On other forums the volume of posts are less and posts are visible to members for a longer period of time. Just my take on things.

Bob Denman
01-14-2014, 07:56 AM
TBC.. "To Be Continued"?? :dontknow:

bobnaquin
01-14-2014, 10:34 AM
I sold my original Spyder a few years back. Then I bought a Fiat 500- the 183rd one brought into the USA after an absence of many years. What a hoot that car was. It was like having a street legal go cart. But I missed the open air feeling. Now a convertible Abarth Fiat would still be with me.

Then I bought a Mercedes SL convertible. This gave me the open air feeling but it was so darn perfect I was afraid to drive it. Not my style to sit and look at something in the garage or to be nervous about driving it hard.

So guess what- I bought another 2008 Spyder. What I should have done was bought a bigger garage.

TBC=you will be back, or at least we all hope so.

Bob Denman
01-14-2014, 10:48 AM
:2thumbs: Welcome back! :clap: