PDA

View Full Version : Rv's at the Fairground

jaherbst
01-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Talked to a Lady this morning about rv camping at the Ozark County Fairgrounds during SpyderFest. This is the location of Spyderfest and Venders as I understand it. If you are there for or with , or part of the group you may keep your rv there with hookups for $25.00 per night. Ph is 1-417-833-2660. I think some one else needs to verifie this also before putting this out as the gospel. The conversation was a little confusing. I reiterated several times that I was not a vender and was just part of the Spyderfest group.

Erags
01-12-2014, 05:49 PM
If you are a vendor, you can get a camping space, but for the public it isn't open because if insurance reasons, is what I was told when I call last week. So I hope that answers your question

jaherbst
01-13-2014, 01:16 AM
If you are a vendor, you can get a camping space, but for the public it isn't open because if insurance reasons, is what I was told when I call last week. So I hope that answers your questionI was told that as long as you were here for Spyderfest you could even if you are not a vender which I made clear I was not. The general public who are not here for Spiderfest, just pull in off the road looking for a place to stay overnight creates the insurance problems. I will call the GM tomorrow to try to confirm this. Who would have beleived he was not there when I called. Probably out doing what General Managers do when they are not in the office. He was not there the last two times I called either. If I can contact him I will try to get a paper or email copy.

Spyderal11
01-13-2014, 07:55 AM
Are these campsites full hook-ups electric, water, sewer?

jaherbst
01-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Are these campsites full hook-ups electric, water, sewer?

Yes

jaherbst
01-13-2014, 10:56 AM
Just got off the phone again with Monica Rodriquez at The Ozark Empire Fair Grounds in Springfield MO. She now says Only twenty five dry camp spots will be available. She told me exactly the opposite last week. They do have numerous full hookup sites but she said they are now taken by another function taking place during Spyderfest. Again Aaron Owen the GM was not there. She said that the people who set up Syderfest have not finalized there contract and no provisions were made to reserve any full hookups for Toy Haulers/RV's.

I am sorry if I misled anyone but only reported what I was told previously. Maybe next year Lamont could look into this so that we could stay at the fairgrounds with our RV/ Toyhaulers. I have always done this at the BMW motorcycle rallys and it is certainly the best way to go.

KOA is ten miles from the fairgrounds.