07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
:2thumbs:
Send some to TX

pphantom538
07-25-2008, 10:43 PM
I'd like one in NJ

brooklyn z
07-25-2008, 11:56 PM
we have se5 in california. picking up mine tomorrow, can't wait to ride.

Lamonster
07-26-2008, 04:09 AM
we have se5 in california. picking up mine tomorrow, can't wait to ride.
:congrats: and welcome

rico
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
:clap: SAME TO FL OF TAMPA OK

Arch
07-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Deposit made in June and no word yet in Houston area, Red SE5. My VTX met it's new owner today:( and now I'm without:(. Hurry Hurry Hurry, can't wait to ride the :spyder:.

Ed

dvmdf
07-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Where in Ca are U, and how much was your SE5

brooklyn z
07-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Picked up my SE5 today. The ride home was crazy, strange looks from everyone. Free from manuel clutch, what a big difference, se5 auto down shifts when stepping on brakes. Will install hindle today.:2excited:

vwatso
07-26-2008, 09:10 PM
How is the shifting!!!!

pphantom538
07-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Please tell us more, I need a fix as I wait for mine.

dvmdf
07-27-2008, 11:02 PM
It downshifts automatially if you brake gradually, but seems to have a broblem on qiuck stops, stays on the 3rd ot 4th. Took it bck to the dealer today, they will look at it on Tue.
Any Ideas?

spyryder
07-27-2008, 11:13 PM
It downshifts automatially if you brake gradually, but seems to have a broblem on qiuck stops, stays on the 3rd ot 4th. Took it bck to the dealer today, they will look at it on Tue.
Any Ideas?
Try using the downshift button for quick stops....it probably can't click down fast enough automatically. Are there any special instructions or precautions in your owners manual?

dvmdf
07-28-2008, 01:22 AM
Try using the downshift button for quick stops....it probably can't click down fast enough automatically. Are there any special instructions or precautions in your owners manual?
There is nothing in the manual. I will try to use the downshift button, the strange thing is that it stays on the high gear after a complete stop, so I have to start driving on the 3 rd someimes, it goes but the display shows "error". Pressing the down shift button does not change gears while stopped. Let's see what the dealer says on Tue
Thanx

spyryder
07-28-2008, 02:38 AM
There is nothing in the manual. I will try to use the downshift button, the strange thing is that it stays on the high gear after a complete stop, so I have to start driving on the 3 rd someimes, it goes but the display shows "error". Pressing the down shift button does not change gears while stopped. Let's see what the dealer says on Tue
Thanx
It's possibly showing "error" because the machine is standing still and the computer knows that it isn't in 1st gear.

If I make a stop on my manual transmission Spyder without downshifting, well then it's pretty well stuck in that gear as long as I'm standing still. (If you've ridden motorcycles before, then you're probably familiar with this). That's a normal function of a sequential trans. To get it to downshift I have to inch ahead and push and release the shifter while working the clutch one gear at a time until back in 1st.

The semi automatic uses the same trans as the manual, it's just actuated electronically and uses an automatic clutch.

Try rolling ahead slowly and clicking the downshift button while moving ahead....it should shift once you are moving.

hope this helps...

bjt
07-28-2008, 07:14 AM
If I make a stop on my manual transmission Spyder without downshifting, well then it's pretty well stuck in that gear as long as I'm standing still. (If you've ridden motorcycles before, then you're probably familiar with this). That's a normal function of a sequential trans.

Same here. I can sometimes get the tranny to downshift one gear while stopped but it is just a lot better to be downshifting while stopping, no matter how quickly you are braking. You would want to be doing this in an emergency maneuver anyways. If you had to slow down very quickly to 15 mph and then speed up again almost as quickly, you don't want to still be in 4th or 5th gear.

Star Cruiser
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
just got a delivery truck from brp, we now have 14 se5 in stock
lets the good time roll......... contant laval, canada:clap::2excited:
OH NO!!!! and I just made a comment about the SE5 being available in the US of A and not in Canada yet! That was in regards to the "First SE5 in TN" post

aubierules
07-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanx

u have a problem houston....mine shifts all the way to first every time...take her back

Cundiffla
07-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I just Got My Spyder Saturday 7/26/08 SE5..... It is Awesome!!! Love the way it shift gears.... I am looking forward to riding everyday!! :clap:

Any one have any ideas on what I can do to dress it up (such as Grips, Pegs, etc.)?

Thanks!!!!!

bjt
07-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Any one have any ideas on what I can do to dress it up (such as Grips, Pegs, etc.)?

Thanks!!!!!

That has been happening since the Spyder first came out last November. Read the My Spyder Mods (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) forum. It's reasonably compact (only 10 threads right now) and should be a relatively quick read. There are details and links to posts on all types of mods including grips and pegs.

pphantom538
07-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I just Got My Spyder Saturday 7/26/08 SE5..... It is Awesome!!! Love the way it shift gears.... I am looking forward to riding everyday!! :clap:

Thanks!!!!!
Can I ask when you ordered.? trying to gauge when I may get mine which was ordered in late Feb. 08

Cundiffla
07-30-2008, 05:34 AM
Can I ask when you ordered.? trying to gauge when I may get mine which was ordered in late Feb. 08

I ordered Mine April 22, 2008. Jacksonville Florida

mrfilovirus
07-30-2008, 03:00 PM
I just got notification that mine was shipped and they expect it within the week.

I ordered mine in May 08.

rockstar
07-30-2008, 10:17 PM
where did you buy it at?

mrfilovirus
07-31-2008, 12:03 AM
Proshop Motorsports And Marine
575 W Lake Mead Pkwy
Henderson, NV 89015

Two brothers own and operate the place. Great guys.

Cundiffla
07-31-2008, 07:37 AM
Any Ideas?

Found out mine only does it when I stop too quickly and downshift at the same time. When it was stuck just shift up "while stopped" and then it will downshift automatically. At least that is what happen to me.

pphantom538
07-31-2008, 08:50 PM

Thanks!!!!!
where located, please.

Cundiffla
08-05-2008, 11:05 PM
where located, please.
Jacksonville Powersports
Jacksonville, Florida

Cundiffla
08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
where located, please.
Jacksonville Powersports
Jacksonville, Florida