PDA

View Full Version : new dash cluster, anyone?

kma10-4
07-25-2008, 02:52 PM
has anyone had dash cluster replaced? my mode button on dash stopped working, so i always use the one on the handle bar anyways. but dealer said they would have to replace the whole dash .but on new dash the miles would be at zero and i would have to keep track of total miles to get true miles for service etc, and he thinks the true miles would show up on computer .not sure .so if thats all true i'll just leave it as is
thanks spydee #53

dltang
07-25-2008, 06:41 PM
has anyone had dash cluster replaced? my mode button on dash stopped working, so i always use the one on the handle bar anyways. but dealer said they would have to replace the whole dash .but on new dash the miles would be at zero and i would have to keep track of total miles to get true miles for service etc, and he thinks the true miles would show up on computer .not sure .so if thats all true i'll just leave it as is
thanks spydee #53

I am getting a new cluster, right now I am using a used one that the dealer had at the dealership. When you hook up your spyder to the computer, your real hours will show up and your real hours will show up on the new cluster but your miles will not. When they installed the used cluster it has 749 miles on it already but I reset the Trip B switch to keep track of "my" miles. I will have to add those to my original cluster miles so that I can know my actual miles ridden. The new cluster will be at zero when I get it so I will have to add my total to that every time. I wish there was a way they could just put the miles on the new cluster but they said they couldn't do it.

ataDude
07-25-2008, 08:54 PM
... I wish there was a way they could just put the miles on the new cluster but they said they couldn't do it.

No you don't, not really. If they can put 'em on, they can take 'em off. ;)

spyderbitten
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
My cluster acts up on real foggy days. Today was extremely foggy and

within my first 8 miles the nuetral lights started flashing, along with

the turn signal indicator. Then the motor started missing and cutting out.

Lasted about 15 seconds, then ok. No error codes displayed on cluster

:dontknow:. This has happened twice. Both times on foggy mornings.

arntufun
11-22-2014, 02:44 PM
My cluster acts up on real foggy days. Today was extremely foggy and

within my first 8 miles the nuetral lights started flashing, along with

the turn signal indicator. Then the motor started missing and cutting out.

Lasted about 15 seconds, then ok. No error codes displayed on cluster

:dontknow:. This has happened twice. Both times on foggy mornings.

Was the fog in low lying areas or up further in the hills ????

Bob Denman
11-22-2014, 03:57 PM
:oldpost: :banghead:

arntufun
11-22-2014, 04:52 PM
Are you telling me you don't think my post was funny ??????????????? I asked if was Low lying fog or was it further in the hills.......... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
Some of us have been here a few years and can occasionally get a little wild........ :ohyea:

Bob Denman
11-22-2014, 05:12 PM
It's just those bad influences, from among the SlingSnotters... :D

MikeinGA
11-22-2014, 07:30 PM
thanks spydee #53

Did you remove your cluster? I had the same type of problem. When I replaced a head light bulb I removed the cluster and when I was replacing the cluster I connected cable to the back of the cluster and checked the connection to make sure that it seated properly and that fixed the mode button problem.

Mike

coz
11-22-2014, 07:46 PM
:oldpost: :crackpipe::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
11-22-2014, 07:51 PM
Are you telling me you don't think my post was funny ??????????????? I asked if was Low lying fog or was it further in the hills.......... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:
Some of us have been here a few years and can occasionally get a little wild........ :ohyea:

This time--you didn't get me on the WOPS thing (way old post). :roflblack::roflblack:

Glad to see you posting more often. :yes:

Yazz
11-22-2014, 08:31 PM
:oldpost: :crackpipe::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

:agree::wrong:

CMA Cowboy
11-22-2014, 09:06 PM
The cluster went out on my 2011 as I was driving down the interstate. That will get your heart pumping. Lost 24000 miles on the odometer. There was a problem with my 2014 when I bought it and cluster was replaced within 300 miles.

SpyderAnn01
11-22-2014, 11:22 PM

Did it take you 6 years to come up with that reply post? :roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-23-2014, 09:44 AM
He's just "Stirring the Pot" a bit... :gaah: