PDA

View Full Version : 6,000 Miles

daddydarko
07-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Going in for my 6k checkup this weekend. My dealer feels 6k is too soon to check valve clearance and I tend to agree. Others have similar opinions at their shop du jour?

daddydarko
07-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Anyone else gone in for their 6k checkup??

bjt
07-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Not yet but dltang is due for it and I'm not too far behind. I'll definately be needing it by the time we get back from the U.P trip. I read some other post where folks were saying that they may be holding off until 12,000 miles for the valve check. Not sure that they had any scientific data to back that up. I'm not sure what we are going to do, probably just take the Spyders to the dealership and let them do what they think is necessary. :dontknow:

smokster
07-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Not yet but dltang is due for it and I'm not too far behind. I'll definately be needing it by the time we get back from the U.P trip. I read some other post where folks were saying that they may be holding off until 12,000 miles for the valve check. Not sure that they had any scientific data to back that up. I'm not sure what we are going to do, probably just take the Spyders to the dealership and let them do what they think is necessary. :dontknow:
Everyone I talk to that knows these engines feels that it is too early and that these motors do not necessarily need it. Of course I really know nothing, but may wait as well. Put the 800.00 into gas.

spyderwoman
07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
i'm over 6000 now and i'll think i'll wait. is there anything else i should have done at 6000? had oil changed at 3000.