PDA

View Full Version : Rattle noise coming from the exhaust

steelers58
07-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi Spyder 3038 here, I have a question about my hindle exhaust. I have had the hindle for awhile now, I have put 2000 miles on the pipe. I only have 2300 miles on the Spyder. When I came home last night I thought I heard a rattle coming from the pipe. Well this afternoon when I went to go for a ride I started the Spyder up and after it idle for about a minute I reved it up and the higher the rev the higher the rattle like somethng was loose inside the pipe. Is that possible, for somthing to be loose in the pipe to make a rattle of metal noise? I checked the exhaust guard and it seems fine. Has anybody had any similar problems with a metal rattle near or in the hindle exhaust?

ataDude
07-24-2008, 08:38 PM
I have a Hindle (and a Micron) with no problems, yet.

Yes, you can have a problem with the baffles (it has at least one) coming loose on the inside. You should be able to tap it with the heel of your hand and come up with the same noise if something is loose.

I'm not familiar with the warranty for this part... might be time to ask the dealer where it originated if you can replicate the noise.

Hi Spyder 3038 here, I have a question about my hindle exhaust. I have had the hindle for awhile now, I have put 2000 miles on the pipe. I only have 2300 miles on the Spyder. When I came home last night I thought I heard a rattle coming from the pipe. Well this afternoon when I went to go for a ride I started the Spyder up and after it idle for about a minute I reved it up and the higher the rev the higher the rattle like somethng was loose inside the pipe. Is that possible, for somthing to be loose in the pipe to make a rattle of metal noise? I checked the exhaust guard and it seems fine. Has anybody had any similar problems with a metal rattle near or in the hindle exhaust?