PDA

View Full Version : need help horn has stopped working

rwbcats
12-31-2013, 05:57 PM
getting ready to start my next set of winter mods...took the spyder out Christmas eve and realized my horn no longer is working ...I need someone to walk me through what I need to do and look for...thank-you...this is my first posting

cuznjohn
12-31-2013, 06:19 PM
first thing is to find the fuse block and check the fuse

NancysToy
12-31-2013, 07:16 PM
The RT horn works off the load-shedding relay fuse F8 (but not through the relay). It is switched on the ground side. Unless you are familiar with electrical troubleshooting and have a multimeter, it is probably better to have a technician or a knowledgeable friend look into it if the fuse turns out to be OK. BTW, if the fuse is blown, the generally do so for a reason, so you will have to chase the original cause if you do find a blown fuse.

rwbcats
12-31-2013, 07:52 PM
Changed the fuse and it works for now... Will have to do for now until I can get out and ride again or it happens again....Now I've got to order shock relocaters and helm joint replacements.....Anybody know how to make a duel antenna setup without using a cb setup just for radio...THANKS AGAIN

SNOOPY
12-31-2013, 08:23 PM
:thumbup:

Spacetrucker
12-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Changed the fuse and it works for now... Will have to do for now until I can get out and ride again or it happens again....Now I've got to order shock relocaters and helm joint replacements.....Anybody know how to make a duel antenna setup without using a cb setup just for radio...THANKS AGAIN
You can use the JM cb ant and block from them? But $100.00 for it??ouch???

Bob Denman
01-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Why are you looking to add a second antenna for the radio? :dontknow:
Do you think that it will help with reception?
This could be interesting; please let us know if it works! :thumbup: