PDA

View Full Version : MICRON Deal just made!

Magic Man
07-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I am sure you have all heard by now that Microns motorcycle division has pulled out of the motorcycle exhaust market. :dontknow:

Since that news last week we have been in ongoing negotiations with Micron USA to try to get more mufflers since the news of that closing.:chat:

Today we have finally been able to negotiate getting 100 more mufflers from Micron USA! :yes:

Now for the bad news/good news.

Bad news... :sour:

Micron USA has announced MAJOR price increases on the remaining Micron system left in America. :shocked:

Good news... :D

Because we have purchased so many systems from Micron USA already, and were able to take all the 100 systems from them, we were able to negotiate a great price on these remaining systems. This price will allow us to offer Spyderlovers members a price below what even regular dealers will now pay for the remaing mufflers if they can even get them. These systems will start coming again next week, and the remaining colored cans should be available in about 3 weeks. :clap:

But there is more bad news....

These 100 systems are it! When these are gone we will not be able to get any more of these as this is the last of the systems that will be available to us from Micron USA. It was a fight to get these shaken loose, and we really are grateful to Sam at Micron for all his help in making this happen.:thumbup:

If you have any questions, need a system, or would like to reserve a colored muffler, please contact us @ (518) 527-9722.

MM

slather1
07-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Any Carbon Fibre available?

Magic Man
07-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Any Carbon Fibre available?

No these are long gone sorry! :(

MM

SpyderTX
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
That Kinda sucks...I just paid full retail from you this morning...any chance of getting the discount???:banghead:

Jklein812
07-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I just paid full retail as well and recieved mine this afternoon.

Magic Man
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
That Kinda sucks...I just paid full retail from you this morning...any chance of getting the discount???:banghead:

Discount? No! I don't think you understand just how lucky you were?

If the phone call from Micron had come earlier in the day you'd have been out of luck big time. Because as I said they raised all the prices today

So, if you'd like to pay our new retail of $419.95 for the muffler rather than the $369.95 you just paid, than you can send me a check for the other $50 bucks no problem! Because the prices aren't going down they are going up.

So, consider yourself lucky as you got the last of the old price cans.

You see Micron will not sell just a muffler alone to people anymore now that they are limited. They will make you buy a whole system to get the muffler. The system will have another pipe for some other bike that will be useless for the Spyder. But, if you want a Micron Muffler that is what I am told you will have to do to get one as a regular person off the street from now on.

Their cheapest whole system now sells for $589.00, so talk about a big waste in having to buy a whole system just to rob the muffler out of it!

A regular dealer who only buys a system here or there, if he tries to buy just a muffler they may or may not sell him one anymore? It will depend on the amount of business he has done with them in the past as to if they do or don't from this point forward? But, if they do decide to sell him just a muffler it will now cost him $450.00 dealer cost for just the muffler!

Because we have already bought so many Micron mufflers this year, and are large enough to be able to buy 100 mufflers all at once, we were able to get an unmatched price on these remaining mufflers. That way we are able to offer these at a much lower price to our customers. This price although more than before is now lower than even a run of the mill dealer will now pay.

So that is how this all shakes out.

But, if you'd still like to send me that check for the $50 bucks, I won't complain. :thumbup:

MM

rsuthers
07-25-2008, 03:13 PM
So, what do you have left today (in stock), and am I understanding correctly the price is $419? Do you have a package deal for the can, the bracket, the gasket, and the 90? Thanks.

Magic Man
07-25-2008, 03:44 PM
The prices for all these are on the web site shown below.

Mm

jarhd3
07-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Sorry about the end of the micron cans.You did everyone a great service when you had the business and everyone was happy with the micron(me included).I'm going to hold on to mine for other times right now shopping for the alternative and looking forward to the yoshimura setup.Need a lil'quieter pipe right now that will still perform as well as the micron.The micon was great and your service and advice was right on!Will hold on to the 90 degree and see what hooks up.Thanks Magic!:2thumbs:

Magic Man
07-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Our new Yoshi pipe set-up will be ready when we get home from Sturgis.:thumbup: