PDA

View Full Version : Speeding..??

Chupaca
12-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Woman: Is there a problem, Officer?
Officer: Ma’am, you were speeding.
Woman: Oh, I see.
Officer: Can I see your license please?
Woman: I’d give it to you but I don’t have one.
Officer: Don’t have one?
Woman: Lost it 4 times for drunk driving.
Officer: I see…Can I see your vehicle registration papers please.
Woman: I can’t do that.
Officer: Why not?
Woman: I stole this car.
Officer: Stole it?
Woman: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.
Officer: You what?
Woman: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want to see.

The Officer looks at the woman and slowly backs away to his car and calls for back up. Within minutes 5 police cars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

Officer2: Ma’am, could you step out of your vehicle please!

The woman steps out of her vehicle.

Woman: Is there a problem sir?
Officer2: One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.
Woman: Murdered the owner?
Officer2: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car, please.

The woman opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.

Officer2: Is this your car, ma’am?
Woman: Yes, here are the registration papers. The officer is quite stunned.
Officer2: One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving license.

The woman digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands it to the officer. The officer snaps opens the clutch purse and examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.

Officer2: Thank you ma’am, one of my officers told me you didn’t have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner.
Woman: Bet you the lying bastard told you I was speeding, too!

Bob Denman
12-30-2013, 07:37 AM
:D I gotta tell the Missus this story; she'll find it VERY useful! :roflblack: :thumbup:

SNOOPY
12-30-2013, 07:47 AM
They would still lock me up around these parts.

Bob Denman
12-30-2013, 08:14 AM
...For violating the leash laws; no doubt! :D

SNOOPY
12-30-2013, 08:16 AM
Good point. :gaah:

Dan_Ashley
12-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Leash laws are for children in Wal-mart.

ARtraveler
12-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Very interesting punch line. I did not see that coming. :roflblack:

flaggerphil
12-30-2013, 02:50 PM
My wife showed me that from another forum this morning...funny!

:roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
12-30-2013, 04:57 PM

Maybe lack of a pooper scooper???

Cruzr Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimclarkf1
12-30-2013, 06:01 PM
maybe 1 day a week (MONDAY)have some JOKES or FUNNY STORIES

Bob Denman
12-30-2013, 06:02 PM
That could be it... :thumbup:
You're gonna have to talk to the dog; he seems to think that Missouri is just too far of a trip for a Pooch on an ST... :dontknow:
(Remind him of the scoop and leash laws! :roflblack:)

Maybe you can talk Faran into putting the leash on him, and walking him around the vendor's area! :D

SNOOPY
12-30-2013, 07:51 PM
That could be it... :thumbup:
You're gonna have to talk to the dog; he seems to think that Missouri is just too far of a trip for a Pooch on an ST... :dontknow:
(Remind him of the scoop and leash laws! :roflblack:)

Maybe you can talk Faran into putting the leash on him, and walking him around the vendor's area! :D

If Farran rode w/ me I would have NO problem, just sayin. :yes:

In my 900 miles of motorcycle riding I have figured that about an hour to an hour and a half is all I might be able to take.

Maybe I should start a new thread on being comfortable?

My wrist starts to hurt, even though I try to relax it. I even use the cruise as much as possible?

The ride is really bumpy and somewhat all over the road, like you really have to pay attention much more than a car?

Maybe it's my ST-S, but being my first bike ever, I don't know if it's normal or not?

I CAN NOT IMAGINE RIDING A SPYDER MORE THAN AN HOUR AND A HALF STRAIGHT, especially on a highway at speed like 65-75 mph.

I drive in cars and trucks 15-18 hours trips twice a year no problem, no way on a Spyder.

If you think you know what I can change to make it better then tell me?

No Way I would drive across country to an event on it, perhaps trailer it, but not likely unless I knew more people that I found as friends.....

Oldmanzues
12-30-2013, 08:37 PM
If Farran rode w/ me I would have NO problem, just sayin. :yes:

In my 900 miles of motorcycle riding I have figured that about an hour to an hour and a half is all I might be able to take.

Maybe I should start a new thread on being comfortable?

My wrist starts to hurt, even though I try to relax it. I even use the cruise as much as possible?

The ride is really bumpy and somewhat all over the road, like you really have to pay attention much more than a car?

Maybe it's my ST-S, but being my first bike ever, I don't know if it's normal or not?

I CAN NOT IMAGINE RIDING A SPYDER MORE THAN AN HOUR AND A HALF STRAIGHT, especially on a highway at speed like 65-75 mph.

I drive in cars and trucks 15-18 hours trips twice a year no problem, no way on a Spyder.

If you think you know what I can change to make it better then tell me?

No Way I would drive across country to an event on it, perhaps trailer it, but not likely unless I knew more people that I found as friends.....

I would ask if you had been able to trade with somebody for their Spyder to see if they feel the same about yours as you do? Did theirs act the same ? All kinds of vehicle problems could come into play. Just offering for your consideration

SNOOPY
12-30-2013, 10:20 PM
I would ask if you had been able to trade with somebody for their Spyder to see if they feel the same about yours as you do? Did theirs act the same ? All kinds of vehicle problems could come into play. Just offering for your consideration

I've never seen another Spyder :gaah:

SNOOPY
12-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Except in a showroom of course....

Bob Denman
12-31-2013, 07:43 AM
You're tensed-up... :shocked:
The tension is what's causing you to "Over Grip" the bars.
If the bike is an "Unhappy Wanderer"; you might want to have the alignment done using the laser system that has proven to offer so much success...
After only 900 miles in three or four Months; you just haven't logged enough time in the saddle yet to gain the confidence that you need...
It'll come... :thumbup:

Michael211_2000
12-31-2013, 02:13 PM

Wow, you're way too tense! I was pulling muscles in my legs and groin un-consciencely "gripping" my Spyder while driving, I had to make a conscience effort to *relax* and not grip the Spyder like I was about to fall off or something... much more comfortable driving it now (I'm over 2200 miles on mine now)! Ditto on the right hand, I was so tense the 1st few months I kept losing feeling in my right hand (mine doesn't have cruise control)... now that I'm making the effort to relax I'm no longer having these problems.

It does sound like your Spyder has an alignment problem though as mine drives like it's on rails, no wandering or hunting or anything. Also your suspension may be too stiff, you might need to adjust it for a softer ride... mine "floats" but it's an RS of course (set on medium suspension setting).

However, paying more attention is a GOOD thing it'll help keep you from getting hurt! So keep paying attention to everything, but relax your body get a laser alignment done and adjust the suspension stiffness to smooth out your ride and you'll love it I bet!

- Michael

SNOOPY
12-31-2013, 04:18 PM
I've been trying hard to relax my grip more and more, but still seems to bother me....perhaps over time.

Also, I have an. ST-S I don't think there is any suspension adjustment?

And waiting on someone closer to do the alignment, so far the closest is like 4-5 hours away. :(

wyliec
12-31-2013, 05:34 PM
I've been trying hard to relax my grip more and more, but still seems to bother me....perhaps over time.

Also, I have an. ST-S I don't think there is any suspension adjustment?

And waiting on someone closer to do the alignment, so far the closest is like 4-5 hours away. :(

You can't adjust the shocks?

Bob Denman
12-31-2013, 05:51 PM
For 2013; they took away the shock preload adjustability up front... :shocked:

SNOOPY
12-31-2013, 08:12 PM
You can't adjust the shocks?

Not on an ST-S that I know of.