PDA

View Full Version : Custom Dynamics Risers open bar end solution?

xinu
12-29-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm beginning to plan the install a set of Custom Dynamics risers on a 2012 RSS. All seems fairly straight forward.

I noticed there are no end plugs supplied for the hole in the original bar cut-off ends and the other end of the grip bars in the kit.

Has anyone plugged the bar end openings? If so what did you use? Does it look OK without any plugs?

Noral
12-29-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm beginning to plan the install a set of Custom Dynamics rises on a 2012 RSS. All seems fairly straight forward.

I noticed there are no end plugs supplied for the hole in the original bar cut-off ends and the other end of the grip bars in the kit.

Has anyone plugged the bar end openings? If so what did you use? Does it look OK without any plugs?

Go to a bicycle shop they have plug ends that will fit. They use them on their handle bars.

Chupaca
12-29-2013, 11:42 AM
you can re-use the stock bar ends. You can go online and get weighted bar ends in a mirad of colors and designd that not only look good but help with vibration. You local motorcycle shops carry them as well. Good luck with your mod..!! :2thumbs:

coz
12-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Go to a bicycle shop they have plug ends that will fit. They use them on their handle bars.
:agree: or any ace type hardware store will have a good selection of plastic plugs. :thumbup:

xinu
12-29-2013, 01:04 PM
you can re-use the stock bar ends. You can go online and get weighted bar ends in a mirad of colors and designd that not only look good but help with vibration. You local motorcycle shops carry them as well. Good luck with your mod..!! :2thumbs:

Thanks. I was planning to re-use/replace the stock bar end on the grips as per instructions. Even so there still remains holes in the cut-off bar and where the riser fastens to the grip bars.

xinu
12-29-2013, 01:05 PM

Good idea I'll check that out. Thank you.

xinu
12-29-2013, 01:09 PM
:agree: or any ace type hardware store will have a good selection of plastic plugs. :thumbup:

I'm interested in the mod you did to the bike lift with the Spyder on it. Did you post anything about that before. If not I like to get your thoughts on how well it works.

I see that HandyLift has adapted their lift to support the Sypder but I don't know if I can wait to put the pennies together to get that one.

coz
12-29-2013, 05:34 PM
the how-to is on the D I Y board. it works just fine, especially when you consider it was about 1/6 of the price of a factory built table that would lift a spyder.:thumbup: