PDA

View Full Version : Question for someone smarter then me

ponyexp
12-28-2013, 08:13 PM
I bought my new spyder last September. I would like to make some changes like get rid of the resonator but I understand that it would void my warranty. Is there a way around it so I can get rid of the resonator and not loose the warranty????

bluestratos
12-28-2013, 08:18 PM
You can remove it, unless the resonator is directly linked to a failure it won't void anything and it has to be proven to be the cause.

crazyspyder
12-28-2013, 08:21 PM
this has been questioned before and from what I recollect is that ,it's ok and a lot of people here are doing it. catch is- IF something goes wrong , BRP has to prove that your MOD caused the problem, then its on
your TAB. that goes with ANY mod down to replacement of grips as minuet as this is. I have never heard of anyone denying warranty as such! my 2c..:thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Why do you want to remove it? :dontknow:
Alternately: why not wait until the warranty has expired? :dontknow:

Chupaca
12-29-2013, 12:29 PM
why not go for one of the many aftermarket exhausts and keep the old one. Not sure about the warranty but have not heard of it being voided by the exhaust. Now if you modify the bike for competition yes...question still lies in why you want to do this...sound, performance, mileage etc..?? :thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-29-2013, 12:42 PM
The OP didn't mention this; but he's gor an RT Limited.
I'm now guessing that he's looking to save some weight, and shed some heat.

ponyexp
12-29-2013, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=Bob Denman;736217]The OP didn't mention this; but he's gor an RT Limited.
I'm now guessing that he's looking to save some weight, and shed some heat.

[I want to get rid of heat)

Bootie
12-29-2013, 04:46 PM
The mathematics of exhaust systems is extremely complex. It involves Calculus and
Imaginary Numbers:lecturef_smilie:. If you remove your muffler without compensating properly, you
will actually lose power.

NancysToy
12-29-2013, 06:22 PM
The mathematics of exhaust systems is extremely complex. It involves Calculus and
Imaginary Numbers:lecturef_smilie:. If you remove your muffler without compensating properly, you
will actually lose power.

Nice to see you crawled out from under that rock...or was it snow? Good to see you post here again, my friend. Happy New Year!

Bootie
12-30-2013, 08:23 AM
Nice to see you crawled out from under that rock...or was it snow? Good to see you post here again, my friend. Happy New Year!

Hey Scotty, yeah I haven't been too active on this Forum. I had some other things going on and Spyderlovers just kind of slipped away.:opps: I apologize and will be more attentive in the future.:)

rcturner
12-30-2013, 11:52 AM
I bought my new spyder last September. I would like to make some changes like get rid of the resonator but I understand that it would void my warranty. Is there a way around it so I can get rid of the resonator and not loose the warranty????

I hate to ask a dumb question but, which part is the resonator. The parts list doesn't list one that I could see. (per my wife this is not particularly unusual):dontknow:

Bob Denman
12-30-2013, 12:10 PM
It's more than a safe bet to figure that he's talking about the catalytic converter... ;)