PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Dongle for audio

whiteyron
12-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Is the Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter by Sena the same as the Bluetooth Dongle offered from BRP? Is this a plug and go device? I assume this will give radio reception thru my Sena head sets, correct?
Thanks

finless
12-28-2013, 07:52 PM
See my post and video about it in the DIY forum.
They are the same unit but you need a special cable that BRP won't sell separatly .

Bob

billybovine
12-28-2013, 09:07 PM
See my post and video about it in the DIY forum.
They are the same unit but you need a special cable that BRP won't sell separatly .

Bob

here is the link.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54867-Sena-quot-stock-quot-SM10-wiring-to-the-BRP-radio-Make-your-own-Dongle!&highlight=bluetooth+dongle

Motorcycledave
12-28-2013, 09:32 PM
If you want to save a bunch of
$$$$$$$$ I have the SENA unit
on sale right now and if you watch
the video on making your own cable
all will be right with the world and your
spyder
Enjoy
motorcycledave

Is the Dual Stream Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter by Sena the same as the Bluetooth Dongle offered from BRP? Is this a plug and go device? I assume this will give radio reception thru my Sena head sets, correct?
Thanks

billybovine
12-29-2013, 03:05 PM
If you want to save a bunch of
$$$$$$$$ I have the SENA unit
on sale right now and if you watch
the video on making your own cable
all will be right with the world and your
spyder
Enjoy
motorcycledave

Motorcycle Dave could you use your influence with Sena to change the firmware on the SM10 so that it is user selectable to have the unit turn on and off with a switched power source. Like how a GPS or Dash Cam works. I would buy one right away if they would make that change.

finless
12-29-2013, 08:20 PM
That probably would require a hardware change to the sm10.
I could make a simple circuit to do that but it would require you to take the unit apart and tap onto the hardware switch.

Bob

DR Buck
12-30-2013, 09:59 AM
Also be advised the Sena SM10 does NOT work reliably with Scala G9s.