PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help/Advice

Dan McNally
12-27-2013, 01:37 PM
A while back, my former dealer replaced the parking brake cable during the 2013 RT recall work, because it had melted. Shortly after I got home, I discovered they had left a piece off the brake assembly on the rear wheel, that connects the parking brake cable to the brake. See the photo, below. I was going to go to another dealer, a couple hours away, but got caught up in jury duty, and by the time that ended, the snow had started flying near there, and I haven't had a day where the entire route is clear . . . so haven't gotten there. I broke down and ordered the cable support assembly from CanAm. The second photo shows what came in the bag. I've numbered the parts. Parts 7 and 8 are already installed, as they were not removed by the dealer. I know that I need parts 1, 2, and 3 . . . but need someone to tell me if the washers (labeled 5 & 6) or the rubber piece (labeled 4) are part of what is missing. and, if so, what sequence do they go on, starting at the star shaped part on the brake that part 1 fits over . . . The parts break down of the brake assembly at the CanAm web site does not go into that level of detail . . . Thanks in advance for the assist.

Chupaca
12-27-2013, 08:46 PM
to mention to hook up the return spring in my facebook response under my wifes name Ilana...but I'm sure you knew that..:roflblack::roflblack:

Dan McNally
12-27-2013, 09:37 PM
to mention to hook up the return spring in my facebook response under my wifes name Ilana...but I'm sure you knew that..:roflblack::roflblack:

:yikes: . . . I need a spring? . . . I lost the spring in my step, years ago! :gaah:

SNOOPY
12-27-2013, 09:46 PM
You're screwed then.

SNOOPY
12-27-2013, 09:48 PM
By the way, these type questions shouldn't be asked on a Friday night when people are hitting their bottles, you will get all kinds of answers.

Ask me again in the morning. lol

SNOOPY
12-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Oh wait....you asked at 1:30 this afternoon....

.....some may have started drinking already...:roflblack:

Dan McNally
12-27-2013, 10:06 PM
I have a working parking brake, again! Thanks, Chupaca . . . I used some Lok-Tie on the bolt threads, too . . . just in case.

SNOOPY
12-27-2013, 10:07 PM
So I get no credit? :banghead:

LOL

Dan McNally
12-27-2013, 10:19 PM
So I get no credit? :banghead:

LOL

And the honorable mention for comic relief goes to (drum roll, please . . . while I open the envelope . . . ) SNOOPY!:firstplace: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cla p:

SNOOPY
12-27-2013, 10:23 PM
Why shucks. :opps:

This was good entertainment for me on a Friday night, sorry it seemed to be at your expense. lol

Glad you (I) figured out your issues. :thumbup:

Chupaca
12-27-2013, 10:44 PM
:yikes: . . . I need a spring? . . . I lost the spring in my step, years ago! :gaah:

Soon as your done you will get the spring in your step back and a jump for joy..!! :roflblack:

SNOOPY
12-27-2013, 10:47 PM
LOL

Dan McNally
12-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Soon as your done you will get the spring in your step back and a jump for joy..!! :roflblack:

If anyone sees me jumping for Joy, please, don't tell Mrs. Hayfield! :shocked: She has a gun, too! :yikes: :roflblack:

SNOOPY
12-28-2013, 08:44 AM
:yikes:

Lamonster
12-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Were you able to figure it out? I have not had mine apart that far yet. :dontknow:

SNOOPY
12-28-2013, 10:16 AM
Were you able to figure it out? I have not had mine apart that far yet. :dontknow:

Post number 7, I guess you don't read back. Lol

Dan McNally
12-28-2013, 10:54 AM

Thanks, Lamont . . . Chupaca bailed me out :clap: . . . with comic backup from Snoopy! :yes: I have a parking brake again! I hope to see you on 4 January for a laser alignment! I'm watching the weather, and, so far, its looking good.