PDA

View Full Version : If all goes well, Gatlinburg is a go!!

dltang
07-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I just made reservations at the Red Roof Inn in Gatlinburg. I know a lot of folks are staying at the Microtel and the Tudor Inn, so I hope we aren't too far away from everyone. I know we will get to see everyone during the rides and social time anyway. I can't wait to meet everyone and see some familiar faces once again.
Deb

daddydarko
07-24-2008, 05:34 AM
I probably missed an email somewhere but can you link me to the details of the ride? Open to anyone?

Lamonster
07-24-2008, 05:43 AM
You guys need to stop by the house when you're in the area and feed the coons.:doorag:

daddydarko
07-24-2008, 05:49 AM
You guys need to stop by the house when you're in the area and feed the coons.:doorag:

Is that a euphemism? I don't speak southerner. :P

Lamonster
07-24-2008, 05:51 AM
I probably missed an email somewhere but can you link me to the details of the ride? Open to anyone?

Event description

Spyders in the Smokies

We hope to get as many premier Spyder owners as possible to attend group rides in the beautiful Smokey Mountains in late Sept 2008. The owner of the Olde English Tudor Inn in Gaitlinburg (Steve) is also an experienced motorcycle tour guide for the region. Steve has a website, Ride The Smokies, that has information about his bike tours. Steve has offered to lead daily tours for Spyder owners during our visit next Sept for no charge.

Our high level plans are as follows:

Tues, Sept 23 - Arrive and get settled in
Weds, Sept 24 - Steve will be leading a ride (10:30am departure, back by 6pm or so) that will include the world famous Tail of the Dragon
Thurs, Sept 25 - Steve will be leading a ride (10:30am departure, back by 6pm or so) that will include a museum stop (+/- 210 mile loop)
Fri, Sept 26 - Steve will lead his "Hillbillie" ride (10:30am departure), 1/2 day ride through the back country with great photo ops. We would like to get together for a BBQ on Friday evening after the ride for all those interested.
Sat, Sept 27th - Heading home

Lamonster
07-24-2008, 05:54 AM
Is that a euphemism? I don't speak southerner. :P:doorag:
http://media.putfile.com/Feeding-baby-Coon
http://media.putfile.com/all-grownup

daddydarko
07-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Adorable! I used to raise skunks and I see some similarities with your coons. Very cool.

b2k
07-24-2008, 06:16 AM
:agree:the coons are great to watch :D Lamonster has even built them a new office to stay in :rolleyes:

Lamonster
07-24-2008, 07:03 AM
:agree:the coons are great to watch :D Lamonster has even built them a new office to stay in :rolleyes:

:yikes:
http://img2.putfile.com/main/4/11507302171.jpg

dltang
07-24-2008, 08:14 AM

Yup it is open to anyone. Here is the link on the BRP site http://spyderryder.brp.com/spyder-community/en-US/GT/UpcomingEvents.html We are leaving on Monday and making a two day ride of it so that we get there with plenty of daytime hours left on Tuesday. I think the Director is coming over our way on his way down as well and we may be riding with him along the way if our schedules mesh. Let us know if you decide to make the trip as well. I know a lot of riders are staying at the Microtel for $54.95 a night and the Tudor Inn is the host hotel but more expensive yet. We chose the Red Roof Inn because the reviews are quite a bit better than those of the Microtel. It is $44.99 for the first 3 nights and then $79.99 for Friday night. It actually works out to $4.00 less than the Microtel before taxes. It is on 0.8 miles from the Microtel so I don't think we will feel left out. Besides we are planning on riding and socializing with everyone throughout each day and evening anyway.

Director
07-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Yup it is open to anyone. Here is the link on the BRP site http://spyderryder.brp.com/spyder-community/en-US/GT/UpcomingEvents.html We are leaving on Monday and making a two day ride of it so that we get there with plenty of daytime hours left on Tuesday. I think the Director is coming over our way on his way down as well and we may be riding with him along the way if our schedules mesh. Let us know if you decide to make the trip as well. I know a lot of riders are staying at the Microtel for $54.95 a night and the Tudor Inn is the host hotel but more expensive yet. We chose the Red Roof Inn because the reviews are quite a bit better than those of the Microtel. It is $44.99 for the first 3 nights and then $79.99 for Friday night. It actually works out to $4.00 less than the Microtel before taxes. It is on 0.8 miles from the Microtel so I don't think we will feel left out. Besides we are planning on riding and socializing with everyone throughout each day and evening anyway.

10-4 Deb. I am thinking about booking a room in the Red Roof Inn in Dayton on the way down (there are actually a couple of them in that area) as it is about the halfway point. We are booked into the Microtel in Gatlinburg. I will touch base with you and Brian as we get closer to departure so we can try to link up.

Bruce

2+1
07-24-2008, 11:04 AM
My coon dog could do the feedin.:yikes::D

LaughingHeart
07-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I wish we could come too!! It would be great to meet everyone in person. But, alas, it's not in the books this year.
Winnie

daddydarko
08-13-2008, 12:08 PM
I just made campground reservations and scheduled a Bushtec hitch installation.

Wondering how cold it gets in September down there? I can't wait to see some new faces (and some familiar ones).

zzneonzz
08-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Its not that cold in Sept. I would say your looking at probably mid to upper 50's at night and 70's during the day.

Lamonster
08-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Cool. What day are you going to Bushtec?
Weather should be nice about that time.

Wondering how cold it gets in September down there? I can't wait to see some new faces (and some familiar ones).

daddydarko
08-13-2008, 02:09 PM
Cool. What day are you going to Bushtec?
Weather should be nice about that time.

I am going to Bushtec on Monday the 22nd. They're installing a hitch for me. Still haven't decided on a trailer yet. Figured I'd check yours out in person 1st. :)

bjt
08-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I am going to Bushtec on Monday the 22nd. They're installing a hitch for me.

That sounds like a good idea. I wonder if we can get the same thing done to dltang's Spyder if and when we get down there. We would really like to get a trailer for her Spyder so we need a good hitch. Any idea what the installed price is?

daddydarko
08-13-2008, 08:03 PM
That sounds like a good idea. I wonder if we can get the same thing done to dltang's Spyder if and when we get down there. We would really like to get a trailer for her Spyder so we need a good hitch. Any idea what the installed price is?

Didn't ask and their pricing booklet is complicated. The guy I talked to sounded like Larry the Cable Guy so I didn't feel like taking too much of his time if you know what I mean. :)

Lamonster
08-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I would call Andrew and set it up. I would be glad to run you guys down there. :doorag:

dltang
08-14-2008, 11:50 AM
I would call Andrew and set it up. I would be glad to run you guys down there. :doorag:

Thank you Lamont, I will talk to Brian and if this is something we decide is in our spyder budget, we will contact you and take you up on that offer. Looking forward to seeing you again and maybe spending a little more time visiting and just ryding. :yes:

SpyderDee
08-14-2008, 01:50 PM
:2excited:Spyderdawg and I (along with a couple of friends on a Harley) are planning on being in Gatlinburg on Thursday through Sunday! 'Dawg is looking forward to seeing all the mods you guys have made. We are staying at the Days Inn Apple Valley in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville. How do you "sign up" for the Friday ride? Or do you even have to register?

tfjunkie
08-19-2008, 12:30 AM
Where will the friday night bbq be?
Time ?

Greg H.
08-19-2008, 05:32 AM
Is that a euphemism? I don't speak southerner. :P

roflmao

dltang
08-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Where will the friday night bbq be?
Time ?

Here is the info and they would like you to sign up. It is not a requirement but they are trying to get a count. http://www.can-amtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7141

If you are planning to attend the Gatlinburg Famous Daves BBQ on Friday, Sept 26th at 3pm at Mountain Motorsports, Kodak, TN please post in this thread the number that will be attending.

Bill has worked out a reasonable per plate cost around $10 and this will be pay at the door directly to Famous Daves. We are only using this thread to gather a rough count so Famous Daves can plan for the right number of people.

aubierules
08-19-2008, 12:15 PM

does lead count??? tee hee:D

cisaacs
08-24-2008, 04:31 PM
30 days til Gatlinburg and counting.

daddydarko
08-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Feed the coons. I saw those pics of somone with a bunch of them but I dont think they no how dangeros that is to be around them.

You can get rabees from there pee or spit or crap.

Best to say a way.

Bah. Dogs are dangerous. Like any creature, take care of them and you have little to worry about. Looks to me like they're in good hands.

I think your spell checker has rabies though. Might want to have that looked at. ;)

IdleUp
08-25-2008, 10:38 AM

Just wondering which campground you made reservations in?

Thanks

daddydarko
08-25-2008, 11:28 AM
I believe it's called Elkmont.

IdleUp
08-25-2008, 11:29 AM
I'll google it- Thanks

ncspyder
09-01-2008, 08:48 AM
I am going up early, if anyone wants to meet up. I will be making the trip on Sunday, Sept 21st but will have to come back on Wednesday. I will be leaving the Greensboro, NC area and going via I40.

Look Foward to seeing everyone!:yes:

I forgot to say that I made reservations at the Red Roof-Gatlinburg, $44 a night

NCSpyder :spyder: