PDA

View Full Version : new 3 cyl motor

ssmcclub
12-27-2013, 06:25 AM
Dose anybody know if the new 3 cyl motor will be in the 2015 rss spyder? ;)

Bob Denman
12-27-2013, 07:55 AM
:dontknow: Even the folks who might know are probably sworn to secrecy... ;) They couldn't tell you if they wanted to! :banghead:

greatrides
12-27-2013, 07:56 AM
:popcorn::popcorn:

Lamonster
12-27-2013, 09:12 AM

Yes somebody knows. ;):popcorn:

Bob Denman
12-27-2013, 09:24 AM
That's the correct answer for his question! :thumbup:

Perhaps the unasked question might have been: "Will somebody tell us?" :shocked:

Mo Lee
12-27-2013, 09:28 AM
I heard you referred to as being Somebody. :D

Bob Denman
12-27-2013, 09:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw8vD85nRyA

Lamonster
12-27-2013, 09:34 AM
I heard you referred to as being Somebody. :D

I'm nobody. So maybe nobody knows :dontknow:

spydaman60
12-27-2013, 09:43 AM
just added it to my "bucket list", just in case it happens!:roflblack:

BajaRon
12-27-2013, 10:04 AM
If I knew, I couldn't tell you...

But I don't know...

That makes me less than 'Know-Body'.

http://gandalwaven.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/i20dont20know.jpg

Dan McNally
12-27-2013, 10:10 AM

Lamont, when did you become an IT guy? From your answer, which is 100% correct, yet totally useless to the person who asked the question, it is obvious that you work for Microsoft! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Lamont bears the "Mantle of leadership and Knowledge" in an exemplary manner!

Bob Denman
12-27-2013, 10:19 AM
:dontknow: "I don't know..."

"THIRD BASE!!" :D

BajaRon
12-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Lamont, when did you become an IT guy? From your answer, which is 100% correct, yet totally useless to the person who asked the question, it is obvious that you work for Microsoft! :roflblack:

http://media.merchantcircle.com/41847984/Broken%20PC_full.png

bluestratos
12-27-2013, 10:38 AM
I believe his answer can be interpreted as "read between the lines"...

Mo Lee
12-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Every time I think I have it figured out it turns out to be a rumor.:roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
12-27-2013, 12:23 PM
will produce the one that knows...till then you have rumors and speculations so the answer is :dontknow:

ARtraveler
12-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I was going to say maybe yes, maybe no--but you folks have out semantic(ed) my answer. Don't have an inside track, so like many, can only speculate.

IMO: if the 3 cylinder 1330cc is a success, it will be popping up in more places. Can the 4, 5, or 6 cylinder (1800 or so cc's) be far behind?

For me, its fun to discuss and speculate. Unfortunately, my quest beyond the 2014 will most likely come to an end. I will have fun hanging in there to see what the future holds though. :thumbup:

BajaRon
12-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Every time I think I have it figured out it turns out to be a rumor.:roflblack::roflblack:
Every time I think it's just a rumor.... It turns out to be TRUE! :ohyea:

Bob Denman
12-27-2013, 12:43 PM
It was rumored, that you would be saying that! :D

Papa
12-27-2013, 12:47 PM
The Shadow knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mo Lee
12-27-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm holding out for the V10 in 2016!

Bob Denman
12-27-2013, 01:40 PM
I heard that they may be testing one in Missouri... 81003
It's so fast, that safety gear no longer matters!! :yikes:

spyderdmb1621
12-27-2013, 01:56 PM
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowd own::bowdown:Ohhhhhh……..Gods of Brp/LAMONSTER>>>>>>Please grant is a Twinkle, a hint, a rainbow, some type of response to let our Brothers and Sisters know……….:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdo wn::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::b owdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

With that said, the New ACE Engine ROCKS IN THE RTS!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead ::banghead:

Blue Star
12-27-2013, 02:08 PM

While I can not officially say anything, but... 81005

Bob Denman
12-27-2013, 02:13 PM
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowd own::bowdown:Ohhhhhh……..Gods of Brp/LAMONSTER>>>>>>Please grant is a Twinkle, a hint, a rainbow, some type of response to let our Brothers and Sisters know……….:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdo wn::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::b owdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

With that said, the New ACE Engine ROCKS IN THE RTS!!!!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead ::banghead:

:shocked: You're definitely making my palms sweat NOW!! :D

DrewNJ
12-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Personally, I'd be happier if they'd just unlock the v-twin power and give us the same power that's in the twin spark RSV motor/tuning stock. We already have one local that has an RSV swap done and the machine is friggin' crazy. A fully functioning nanny would be nice.
Meanwhile, it looks like Rotax barfed a bunch of misc parts on my storage room floor as I try to put my own together....:rolleyes:

spyderdmb1621
12-27-2013, 06:33 PM
If you want all that I. A trike, build one ....... You take what's available commercially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

jerpinoy
12-27-2013, 06:35 PM
It was to be 3 cyl on 2013 but did not happened. then 1400 cc for 2014.

Probably 1500cc for 2015 model.:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: Have a happy and safe new year to all.:yes::yes:

rnet
12-27-2013, 07:12 PM
I can tell you that it will not be in the RS, nor would you want it. Now prove me wrong. Look back at my prediction on this years RT. It's nice to know someone on the.......

SPYD3R
12-27-2013, 07:25 PM
if enuff of us ax for a TRIPLE-TREAT, BRP will get the message n give us 1..... :popcorn: :popcorn:

SpyderRx
12-27-2013, 08:03 PM
I would be willing to give it a 50% chance between yes and no.

PW2013STL
12-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Give me one year and I will tell for sure:rolleyes:

nhoj
12-27-2013, 08:43 PM

I thought the RS's were suppose to be sportier than the RT. Why would you want that "touring motor" in a sport bike?

bscrive
12-27-2013, 09:51 PM
I can see the 3cyl going into the ST model but not the RS model. Maybe a turbo charged V-twin or a super charger with a parachute in the boot for the RS :roflblack::roflblack:

ChasingWind
12-27-2013, 11:41 PM
The RS is supposed to be the sport bike of the group - very disappointed no boost in power - and tranny mods - this owner won't be buying a new one till BRP Puts the RS models back at the top of the performance curve. Lost out on my money again. - RS Models are in need of a big performance upgrade - just my two cents -

RotaxDuramax
12-28-2013, 12:04 AM
The RS is supposed to be the sport bike of the group - very disappointed no boost in power - and tranny mods - this owner won't be buying a new one till BRP Puts the RS models back at the top of the performance curve. Lost out on my money again. - RS Models are in need of a big performance upgrade - just my two cents -

Seems like the touring and sport touring guys get all the attention... the one which started it all is a cast away... sad really. The next model year, I have a feeling might show a lot more love towards the RS.

But again, I'm thinking about jumping over to those guys. My RS doesn't "feel" any more sportier then my dad's RT... looks, but doesn't feel.

ChasingWind
12-28-2013, 12:27 AM
I just want the supercharged 1503 HO Rotax 260hp motor crammed into the RS come on BRP if we can handle the power on water - PUT IT ON THE STREET 🎉🎉🎉💤😀😛

ulflyer
12-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Is the 3 cyl thats being used on the '14's a totally new engine, built from scratch, or has it been used before in other applications?

Bob Denman
12-28-2013, 09:27 AM
It is a new engine; based pretty closely on the 1200 triple that they've been running in their snowmobiles for years... :thumbup:

bscrive
12-28-2013, 09:56 AM
Seems like the touring and sport touring guys get all the attention... the one which started it all is a cast away... sad really. The next model year, I have a feeling might show a lot more love towards the RS.

But again, I'm thinking about jumping over to those guys. My RS doesn't "feel" any more sportier then my dad's RT... looks, but doesn't feel.

When I talked to the BRP rep at SpyderQuest, he told me that 70% of all the bikes sold are RT's. nojoke That is why they concentrate on the RT's first. Makes business sense. He told me that BRP does not have any plans for the RS to get any upgrades in the near future. That is why I say the ST's will be next to get the 3cyl engine. But, I will hold off for a while to make sure that it isn't a lemon.

SpyderRx
12-28-2013, 11:12 AM
When I talked to the BRP rep at SpyderQuest, he told me that 70% of all the bikes sold are RT's. nojoke That is why they concentrate on the RT's first. Makes business sense. He told me that BRP does not have any plans for the RS to get any upgrades in the near future. That is why I say the ST's will be next to get the 3cyl engine. But, I will hold off for a while to make sure that it isn't a lemon.
If they put the new 3 cyl and tranny in the ST for 2015 they can count one sold already.

BajaRon
12-28-2013, 11:27 AM

I am wondering if this is not possibly a vicious circle.

BRP isn't updating the RS so sales are slumping. And, because sales are slumping, BRP isn't upgrading the RS series.

I understand that you put your effort where the sales are. But without putting some effort into the RS, it's difficult to say that a significant sales increase in that area is not possible.

ARtraveler
12-28-2013, 02:39 PM
I am wondering if this is not possibly a vicious circle.

BRP isn't updating the RS so sales are slumping. And, because sales are slumping, BRP isn't upgrading the RS series.

I understand that you put your effort where the sales are. But without putting some effort into the RS, it's difficult to say that a significant sales increase in that area is not possible.

You are definitely on to something here Ron. In managerial accounting we refer to it as the allocation death spiral. Departments that appear to be losing money in comparison to others get discontinued. The rest of the operation ends up losing more than it did in the beginning.

Lamonster
12-28-2013, 03:51 PM
You are definitely on to something here Ron. In managerial accounting we refer to it as the allocation death spiral. Departments that appear to be losing money in comparison to others get discontinued. The rest of the operation ends up losing more than it did in the beginning.

How many RT's have you seen in the most resent BRP celebrity ad's? None so far, just ST's and RS's so looks to me that the RT's are doing just fine and there is more push for the RS/ST.

ARtraveler
12-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Quote = Baja Ron: "I am wondering if this is not possibly a vicious circle.

I understand that you put your effort where the sales are. But without putting some effort into the RS, it's difficult to say that a significant sales increase in that area is not possible."[/Quote]

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by akspyderman http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=735842#post735842) You are definitely on to something here Ron. In managerial accounting we refer to it as the allocation death spiral. Departments that appear to be losing money in comparison to others get discontinued. The rest of the operation ends up losing more than it did in the beginning.

How many RT's have you seen in the most resent BRP celebrity ad's? None so far, just ST's and RS's so looks to me that the RT's are doing just fine and there is more push for the RS/ST.

Steps taken to alleviate what we were talking about are good. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-28-2013, 06:01 PM
It could also mean the BRP is looking to dump the current RS format, and perhaps bring it back as a (GASP!) "leaner"... :yikes::shocked:

BajaRon
12-28-2013, 06:59 PM
It could also mean the BRP is looking to dump the current RS format, and perhaps bring it back as a (GASP!) "leaner"... :yikes::shocked:

Could mean anything. You have to decipher Lamont's subliminal messages.

Bob Denman
12-28-2013, 07:01 PM
After 30 years; I still can't tell what the heck The Missus is even talking about :shocked:
I'll leave deciphering Lamont to you folks that are a lot smarter than me! :D

spydaman60
12-28-2013, 07:04 PM
It could also mean the BRP is looking to dump the current RS format, and perhaps bring it back as a (GASP!) "leaner"... :yikes::shocked: that would help those out that have the 2008 to 2014's rs or rss's if they ever wanted to trade!:yikes:

otter28169
12-28-2013, 10:42 PM
That three cylinder motor is a gutless wonder. The 2005 Mach Z we had was a 1000cc liquid cooled semi-direct injected monster. 171 hp out of that motor, and 130mph was not unattainable on the lake.

Honestly, if BRP isn't even going to try, they should kill off the model. The only thing that is worse than no new RS-S is a slow, uninspired, and boring "SPORT" model.

I bleed yellow. I have since I was old enough to squeeze a throttle. But if the RS-S goes away, so do I. When, not if, another manufacturer figures out how to build that sport model effectively BRP will not only lose the sport section of the market, they will lose the entry level riders whom will be the cruisers of the future.

Don't forget that Ski-doo's market share shot way up when they started catering to the sport riders (Read MX-Z in the REV Platform). Not to mention the fact that many of the touring sled design changes were based on successful sno-cross racing models. I can only hope they continue to think of the future.

Just sayin'...........

Bob Denman
12-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Chad,
They are tuned for different usages and target markets...
And sledding IS all about shortening lakes; biking... not quite so much! ;)

otter28169
12-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Every now and then I just need to feel the rush. Some riders don't, but some do. If you don't know the feeling, it will be a lot harder for you to understand. I have to respectfully disagree with you on what snowmobiles are for. In my opinion they are there to give you that feeling when tires would just sit and spin in the snow.

Just sayin'............