PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Texas Trike Reunion

Mr. White
12-25-2013, 05:17 PM
I am starting a new thread here for information and discussions for the 2014 Texas Trike Reunion. My plan is to hold it in Kerrville, TX, April 24-26. Easter is April 20. Here is some information about our reunion...this is the sixth or seventh year, open to all trikes, regardless of make. It is loose and unorganized. We have few if any charges. We have no vendors or sales booths. Having them would require insurance, charges to you, our attendees and more work on my part....which I won't do!

I will post more information here as we go along. We will keep it basic and simple. If anyone is interested in managing the reunion this year, let me know. My phone is 830-755-8261, email is scoot62@aol.com

:spyder2:

Chupaca
12-25-2013, 07:31 PM
keep us informed of the progress. Isn't it pretty close to spyderfest..?? May limit the spyder attendance...:thumbup:

Jester
12-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Wish I could make it. One of these days I will catch up with you.

LindaG
12-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Plan on it, I'll be there. :joke:

AbNormy
12-26-2013, 01:21 AM
Sounds fun, in our backyard, and affordable!

Living the dream while I still can!

docdoru
12-26-2013, 07:56 AM
Less than 18 hours ride, we'll be there! :doorag:

Mr. White
12-29-2013, 07:32 PM
Okay, IF you plan on attending OR may attend (NO OBLIGATION) send me an email to: scoot62@aol.com with your REAL NAME and number of folks coming with you. This is so I can contact you easily with any reunion information and collecting menu selections for our Fiday lunch at Concan later on.

I know it is hard for some of you to share your real name....I do understand as there is another area, not associated with trikes, where I am know only as The Purple Phantom.....

I will start it off:
1. George Lewis

Mr. White
01-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Spyderfest is April 30-May 3. Easter is April 20. :spyder2:

Mr. White
03-27-2014, 10:49 AM
2014 TEXAS TRIKE REUNION
The Texas Trike Reunion will be held April 24-26 in Kerrville, TX. Kerrville is 75 miles northwest of San Antonio on IH10W, at the northeastern edge of the "hill country". We have some of the nicest roads to ride and we get a lot of compliments. Many will stay at the Super 8 Motel (830-896-1511). The Super 8 is on Hwy 16, ¼ mile south of IH10W, exit 508. Other motels are the Holiday Inn Express and the Best Western. Contact them at 830-895-9500. Tell them you are with the TTR for a possible better rate. On Wednesday afternoon (April 23), we sit around and visit with friends. There are no strangers

This is not a rally. It is a trike reunion and is open to all trikers (and a couple of two wheelers). We have no vendors or sales booths. No money is required....it is a loose group. We meet, ride and eat. Each person is responsible for their own expenses and safety. This is not a sponsored event. CB Ch. 14 for this reunion.

Schedule of events: Not really...however those who come in on Wednesday can ride with me on Thursday morning to Llano to meet the folks who come in on Thursday, the 24th. We will meet those coming in from the north at Cooper's BBQ in Llano @ 1:30 for lunch and then on to K'ville. (Cooper’s is four blocks west of Hwy 16 on Hwy 29)

Most plans are made in the parking lot of the motel or at the continental breakfast in the lobby
On Thursday morning, we will depart at 0900 from the Y O Ranch Resort Motel parking lot. (one block south of the Motel 8, north west corner) and go to Luckenbach, the Willow City Loop and then to Llano.

On Friday @ 0900 lets meet at Mansfield Park, 2 miles north of Bandera on Hwy. 16. After some photos, we head for the hills via Hwy 337, west of Medina. We will stop in Leakey at the Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop for PR and then to Concan and lunch at Neal's Cafe. After lunch, an open ride in the hills with whomever you wish. I will email you Neal’s menu and collect your order in mid April. I will call in the orders so they have enough food on hand for our group. The reason we use Neal’s is it is large enough to accommodate our large group, they have good food and it is a great ride.

Saturday morning, the 26th, ride the hills with new friends (Hwy 335, 336 and 337) and then meet at Buzzies BBQ @ noon for lunch and to say our goodbys. Many will return home Sunday, some will continue on to Big Bend Nat'l Park, etc. Come on down.

Buzzie’s BBQ is located at 213 Schreiner St. 830-257-4540.

Sign up. No obligation. Email me your real name. George Lewis, scoot62@aol.com (scoot62@aol.com) or call if no email (830) 755-8261.

conroe spyders
03-27-2014, 03:49 PM
Sounds like fun & we love Kerrville but we will be leaving April 18th-27th to vacation/honeymoon in the Smokey Mountains :2thumbs:

Hope many of you can join us in October for the Hill County ride- posted already on the Texas Forum.

Mr. White
04-27-2014, 07:49 PM
The 2014 Texas Trike Reunion ended yesterday with a farewell lunch. We had good weather and great rides. We had 37 trikes in attendance. A fun event.

LindaG
04-28-2014, 06:38 PM
Had a great time! Thank you for the time you put into it. :clap::clap: