PDA

View Full Version : Laser Alignment gathering?

Cavman
12-20-2013, 11:29 PM
I have been asked if we, over here in GA, would like for Lamont and Harvey come and do a bunch of laser alignments? We would need a place like a garage or large covered area in case of wet weather.
The SRA group had one a couple of weeks ago North of Birmingham, AL and are planning another Feburary 8, 2014. They need to have enough Spyders to make it worth their while to travel here. If you host it, you get a free alignment, I am told. I'm getting this information from Greg Cain. I have a feeler out for a place but it's up to them if they want this at their place or not? It's not in the metro Atlanta area. It would be better to have it where most of the Spyder owner's live.

bloke
01-20-2014, 09:30 AM
You do know some spyder dealers actually do laser alignments?

cjackg
01-20-2014, 09:41 AM
You do know some spyder dealers actually do laser alignments?
I believe Extreme Propulsion in Cartersville, Ga (just off I75) is a BRP Platinum dealer and does Laser alignments...

bloke
01-20-2014, 09:47 AM
We also have it here in Conyers :thumbup:

Magdave
01-20-2014, 10:17 AM
The BRP laser alignment is nothing like the Outlaw/Rolo. It does not include the rear wheel.

bloke
01-20-2014, 10:53 AM
The BRP laser alignment is nothing like the Outlaw/Rolo. It does not include the rear wheel.

the rear wheel is adjusted according to how the belt runs in the pully :thumbup:

Magdave
01-20-2014, 10:55 AM
the rear wheel is adjusted according to how the belt runs in the pully :thumbup:
The BRP alignment costs 3X as much and is simply not as good. The Rolo takes the alignment of the rear wheel into account and reduces scrub. Brp does not. The only Outlaw alignment in Ga in in Cartersville.

http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealersga.htm

Read the side about how the alignment works and imposters

Cavman
03-01-2014, 10:40 PM
Got my laser alignment done today with the Harvey-Lamont crew over in Pinson, AL at Tony Authier's Shop and man cave. What a great setup he has over there!
It seems that my Spyder has been tracking cat-a-wompass to the right for these past two years. Got that fixed today. Hoping I get better gas mileage now?

There was another fella there named Karsten Gehrke who was doing performance exhaust replacements. His company is Spyder1Attitude.com

I heard they had 27 alignments set up for today. We had a great time over there with a bunch of nice Spyder owners. The weather turned out to be nice, sunny and warm.

Yol Bolsun
03-03-2014, 01:02 PM
Got my laser alignment done today with the Harvey-Lamont crew over in Pinson, AL at Tony Authier's Shop and man cave. What a great setup he has over there!
It seems that my Spyder has been tracking cat-a-wompass to the right for these past two years. Got that fixed today. Hoping I get better gas mileage now?

So? How does it drive?

Cavman
03-03-2014, 02:55 PM
Straight now. I have a different perspective looking thru the windshield, not as angular. :2thumbs:

I'm finding that buying a pre owned Spyder has it's surprises. Front left tire had a high spot so the bike had the Elvis Syndrome for 15 months until I had Brigstone Potenza's put on up front.
Other little quirks I have found. Rear trunk lid can be open and there no warning light to indicate that? Glove box doesn't lock. My right hand still goes numb but not as often after the alignment. Vibration?
Repair issues: I still have an oil leak after the dealer installed 'O' rings to stop the leak. Leaks less than it did before. They replaced my clutch under warantry. Clutch shutters now when I first start off, then clears up after that.

But over all, I think the alignment was worth it and I still like my Spyder despite it's flaws. Hey, I'm not perfect either so we make a good team.

Chaser666
03-18-2014, 06:43 AM
We also have it here in Conyers :thumbup:
Hey bloke what's the price for a laser alignment in conyers?:popcorn:

Cavman
03-18-2014, 09:48 AM
Read the other thread about the shake up at Mountain sports to find the Bloke is no longer there.