PDA

View Full Version : Should I go for it or not??

Guesswho
12-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Thinking of taking advantage of one of the site sponsors deals from ultimate seats until the end of Dec. It would be over 900$ tho for a seat and 2 back rests! I don't really need a passenger back rest tho. Don't plan on having any passengers with me. I liked the low rider option because it would put me 2 inches closer to the handle bars which I need b/c no one sells 4 1/2 in risers for the 13 model :( Anyone know of any other cheaper options for me seat wise??

ARtraveler
12-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Thinking of taking advantage of one of the site sponsors deals from ultimate seats until the end of Dec. It would be over 900$ tho for a seat and 2 back rests! I don't really need a passenger back rest tho. Don't plan on having any passengers with me. I liked the low rider option because it would put me 2 inches closer to the handle bars which I need b/c no one sells 4 1/2 in risers for the 13 model :( Anyone know of any other cheaper options for me seat wise??

Lots of options yes. Cheaper--only the BRP comfort seat that I know of. You would have to buy a Utopia and cut a hole in the seat. Ultimate is most likely a better upgrade than the BRP. If your in the market, don't miss out on the sale. Its a bummer when later you end up saying "wow, I could have had a V-8".

SpyderRx
12-17-2013, 08:59 PM
I bought my ultimate last December during the 20% off sale. I love it. Have put about 10,000 miles on it. Did 2 1600 mile trips this year. My question would be how tall or you? The low rider really pushes you forward. I am 5'10" and I have the mid rider. I sat on a low rider before I bought and it felt like I was sitting way to forward. And as far as handlebars have you considered swapping for the ST handlebars? Probably your cheapest and best looking route. (Or only option at this time)

SpyderAnn01
12-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Have you sat on the Ultimate seat? To me that is a ton of money to put down on something that you think you might like. If you go to Spyderfest or another event you will be able to sit on every seat made. I personally didn't like the Ultimate or the Corbin but I do like the BRP Comfort Seat but I'm tall.

Guesswho
12-17-2013, 09:26 PM
I bought my ultimate last December during the 20% off sale. I love it. Have put about 10,000 miles on it. Did 2 1600 mile trips this year. My question would be how tall or you? The low rider really pushes you forward. I am 5'10" and I have the mid rider. I sat on a low rider before I bought and it felt like I was sitting way to forward. And as far as handlebars have you considered swapping for the ST handlebars? Probably your cheapest and best looking route. (Or only option at this time)

I'm short, only 5'4". i need something to put me closer to the bars. and i have thought about swapping out the st handle bars but my dealer kinda sucks and won't do the research on how to do that.

bobnaquin
12-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Get the Ultimate. Second best thing I have done to my RS. You only need one backrest. It can be relocated to take a passener along if you need it.

Guesswho
12-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Get the Ultimate. Second best thing I have done to my RS. You only need one backrest. It can be relocated to take a passener along if you need it.

But to get the deal they have i have to get the seat, and 2 back rests..then they throw in some rain covers and embroidery.

spydaman60
12-17-2013, 10:00 PM
had the ultimate seat for two years and thirteen thousand wonderful miles. cheaper isn't better when it comes to comfort. I agree that you should try someone elses ultimate seat if it's possible, but that isn't always an option. we love our ultimate, and wish you luck in your decision!!!:thumbup:

dizzyspots
12-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Where did you see 20% OFF...all I see at the website is free embroidery and rain covers???

JkRbbt
12-17-2013, 11:46 PM
I have an Ultimate on my RT and I'm very happy. Don't be afraid to call and talk to them. The customer service was first rate, very helpful and cordial. Good luck. I don't think you will be disappointed. Good luck and Merry Christmas! :thumbup:

Chupaca
12-18-2013, 01:57 AM
if you get this seat and you sit lower and closer up why do you need to change the bars..?? Sounds like a good deal and you have some good reviews. Can't help you there we have the comfort seat and love it..good luck..!! :thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-18-2013, 07:52 AM
This isn't like buying bread or toilet paper...
"Cheap"; may end up being nothing more than that... :shocked:
Save your money; do the research, and pull the trigger when you know exactly what you want to do! :2thumbs:

Guesswho
12-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Well I def don't have the option to sit on different seats. I guess I'll wait a bit on purchasing...knowing my luck the AF will deploy me over the summer and I won't be able to enjoy it anyways!! Hopefully ultimate seats has other good deals over the year :)

dizzyspots
12-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Got an email from Des @ Ultimate seats this morning...no 20% discount. It was a one- time deal for their 10th anniversary. The free embroidered Spyder emblem and free rain covers still apply until Dec 31...