PDA

View Full Version : Cool magic billet lights on ST

Flamewinger
12-16-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm trying to install the Custom Dynamics Cool Magic Billet lights onto my ST Limited. According to the instructions for an RS or possibly RT it says to find a particular connector up inside the bike. I can't find it, any ideas?

The instructions say to "locate the two pin connector block for front fender tip light located near the rear mounting point for the upper control arm and unplug this connector."

Where? Other options?

Thanks

Susie - 2013 Spyder ST Limited
1983-2004 Goldwings. (5)
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1) - now Free

Spyder ri
12-16-2013, 09:43 PM
Look where the control arm ends just next to the bracket that holds the front fender on. It's mounted right next to that bracket (the connector).
just unplug it and plug in the new connector (I assume that's what the lights come with)

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/17/jynahuqu.jpg

2012 RS SE5
Mods:
Bad Boy Air Horn
Two Brothers Exhaust
K&N air filter
LED mud flap lights
Tips Kit
Brake Light Modulator
IPS Key Cover
Up/out mirror Extensions
RSS stitched seat cover
Cal Sci touring windshield
5 spoke wheel upgrade
Ram mount Iphone cradle
LED turn signal indicators
Frunk Liner
BRP 12 Volt Outlet
Third brake light
Double Play tail light
Baha Ron's Sway Bar
Oxford Heated Grips
Battery Tender Jr
HID Headlight upgrade
LED fog light upgrade

Flamewinger
12-22-2013, 01:27 AM
That is the plug I used but I also had to modify the Custom Dynamic wire harness that has 4 connectors. If I didn't, it would mean a bundle of connectors at that point just inside the wheel. Now all I do is connect to that connector, bring the wires up into the body of the bike to make the other connections.

I also had to reinforce the wire coming out of the light's bolt, because the metal framework under the plastic part that the lights mount to is too close and the bolt bottoms out almost pinching the wire.

Going to think of an alternate way to mount the lights because the plastic is not flat so the lights are angled back and therefore not level with the road.

Thx